Covert Affairs

Tuesday 10:00 PM on USA Premiered Jul 13, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Covert Affairs Fan Reviews (60)

7.8
  • used to be good

shame how the program has deteriorated into a sex fest.
  • cast and crew

they need to get rid of hill harper
  • How much better would this be?

Hollywood wonders why they are losing audience.

The feminists are killing off the good shows which had strong male casts by insisting more females get added. So the female is given the lead part written for the male actor without any change or logic that it is a girl in a man's role.

This is just taking good parts for men and giving them to woman for some liberal social experiment and quota. Then you ask why are the strong action shows failing. Even Big Bang about social awkward geeks has turned into Friends.

• language, really?

I was so glad and relieved to finally find a TV show that didn't use foul language, but you had to mess that up didn't you? And not only mess it up but do it to the worst degree possible; cursing God. First of all the show was excellent without cursing of any sort but then you had to go and mess things up and what is wrong with you, you really think cursing God is going to help? Well, I'd bet you would never think about cursing Allah, Budda or Muhamad? And tell me why not, why do you think it's ok to curse God but not one of the false gods? I for one am truly offended and will not continue to watch your program if it is in your plan to do that again. I really hope it isn't.

• Seems the writers are totally lost...

This Henry Wilcox thing has dragged on to the point where I can't even watch the show any longer. We no what is going to happen - Annie is either going to nail Wilcox or the writers are going to drag this out for 3 more seasons. They should drop the "Covert" from the title. The writers seem to have lost their way and just dragging out a story line that should've been 4-6 episodes tops into 20+. It's like watching a 20 hour mini-series - or a soap opera - absolutely ridiculous. It's as if the writing staff just doesn't know how to end this - or they're intentionally dragging it out to string along fans. I was a fan but it's just silly and, in a way, insulting, now. If I want to watch a neverending story I'll put on General Hospital.
  • Dead in the water

Covert Affairs has gotten to be one of the worst shows on tv. Annie isn't the same person anymore. The show doesn't even have a plot anymore. They need to go back to the way it used to be

• Lame and Boring Sorry...

Blah Blah Blah,,,,pretty blond chick as a spy totally unrealistic and Auggie is being played as a blind softie. .Blind people I know have some edge to them. Annie is always running around. There is never any time to show she DOES have another life. She sucks as a spy,always looking surprised while in each assignment. I think if you let Auggie go nuts and do some things that are evil,it would add excitement. As it is now,he seems like a helpless puppy dog tagging along after Annie all the time. This show has sucked since day one. I tune in like once every few months and it still hasn't changed. Suits is boring except for Louis. Burn Notice rocks,so does NCIS. Necessary Roughness was good the first few episodes,but that went down the drain also. What happened to quality shows? The Soul Man, the Exes aren't very good either( I watch it for Holly cause she is awesome). Hot in Cleveland makes me want to throw up,such horrible acting ... Please get these crappy shows OFF and put some good shows on .I know SOMEONE out there can think of a good plot for a show . And why do you butcher our comments? You leave out words and the whole paragraph ends up making no sense?
  • A joke

After watching several seasons of Spooks I decided to watch the first episode of this show that was suggested by Netflix. Is this show a student project or satire? I couldn't finish watching it as it was so bad.
  • This show is very bad.

This show is so bad. Agent Walker is supposedly multilangue. I speak 4 languages andamongother Swedish and French, she did not say anything correctly in those languages.I never liked Augie he is blind and plays all the "Jean Claude Van Damme"esque scenes!!!!!! Come on.

Not a fan. I wish there was a rate zero.

• I rated this show a "1" (Abysmal) only because there's no lower option.

The story lines are insultingly stupid - not escapist fantasy, as I suppose is the intent. A trainee - now labeled brilliant for some unexplained and unjustifiable reason - is entrusted with difficult and highly sensitive cases. Right. The characters are cartoon cliches (the strong, powerful but sensual female boss, (wearing the obligatory, inappropriately plunging neckline-office wear) the sensitive disabled guy who's sexy but geekishly wistful. Give us a break USA. And Piper Perabo! She has the talent of a banana slug. Her dramatic range is limited to eyeball shifting, hair tossing and oh-dear god please make it stop: slack- jawed, cosmetically over-inflated, lip opening. Her Annie is unwatchable. If this role is any indication of her acting ability, she should get career counseling and switch while she still has time to earn some credits toward Social Security.

Put this worthless show under deep cover. Six feet under.

• Are CIA agents that incompetent?

I have been watching this show for the last month or so and it makes me wonder whether the network is writing the plots based on real stuff from the real CIA. This girl doesn't seem to hit one right. If the real agents are as ineffective as this actress is at being a CIA agent, no wonder we keep getting bombed out, get terrorists in NY, CIA honchos kept getting caught by the local police (Petreaus anyone?), employees can't keep a secret, anybody can get in there, secret papers are for sale by high school dropouts pretending to have an education (E. Snowden), and so on. Every time I watch the show, everything she tries does not work at all and her plans are rather pitiful. My co-workers and I make bets on the spot how it all going to end up for her at the end of each episode: bad. She sure is a lousy agent.
  • super agent to slut!

2.5
    Okay - you just lost 2 loyal viewers. Joan has been replaced as a mentor and boss with a female pimp! After last weeks' 2 bedroom scenes back-to-back, we are done!

I miss the smart, ethical Annie with the new "use your body not your brain" and don't worry about anyone else, including her sister who is moving to California! Another meaningful character gone.

I wonder how James Bond would respond to his boss telling him to use his body to get what he needs to succeed!
  • dislike

I dislike the new direction. Annie seems less smart. More guns and more sex are not the best option for this show. The human factor was the reason for me to watch. Trying to make Annie a female James Bond does not work.
  • Poor man's Nikita

This show desperately tries to be a mix between Alias and Nikita but fails. Uninteresting episodic story lines and uninteresting characters. The cast and crew are lucky USA is floating this show as this would have been canceled long ago on another network. And wow, I've never seen such bad acting of a guy who's supposed to be blind. He literally looks into the eyes of the other actors when he speaks to them. *facepalm*
  • Not the series it started out as, to its detriment...

Where there was once a fluffy, fun show, filled with hot boys and girls (and men and women, too), doing totally improbable things just for the laugh of the audience, the new season says "Take us Seriously".

Too bad, because Covert Affairs is NEVER going to be a Serious spy show - it's too ridiculous in its premise and casting and episode stories. It's NOT an Alias, or a Spooks (MI-5 to us Americans), or even a Burn Notice, and that was the fun. It was a pretty, fairly mindless show where we could engage in amusement for an hour with lots of Suspension of Disbelief in the wild improbable stories, and ship our favorite couples. It was lightweight comedy with some decent action.

It's unfortunate that the producers and writers seem to have forgotten what made the series popular in the first place, and now somehow want Dark Street Cred instead. Covert Affairs fails at that on *sooooo* many levels.

Season 3 jumps the shark, and, I'm betting, is the last one. If I want gritty action and intrigue, I'll go over and watch Michael and Fiona, who kick the everlasting crap out of Annie and Auggie.
  • I have never reviewed a show but this show is so bad I thought I would warn others. I watched the whole 1st season and the season 2 premier before I passed judgement.

Characters have very little depth, story lines have no depth, lead character's flashbacks to the same crap gets old quick, green screen scenes are HORRIBLE... I've seen high school kids make movies that look just as bad - collage kids make them better, directing is nothing special - looks like a beginner, the writing is average at best - again it looks like beginners are doing the writing.

It is really too bad... the actors are good but the show makes them look like amateurs. USA is really desperate if they left this show on the air. No where even close to the quality of White Collar or Burn Notice.
  • Auggie is a fake Blind guy not believable at all.

Christopher Gorham's character was not quite believable as the blind person. Especially with all thecomputer info and staff he was doing as a blind guy!! This is quite annoying to watch.
  • An interesting new show with real potential. As a female professional, however, I am extremely irritated at the unprofessional appearance of the female section chief. Put some clothes on that woman, Please???? Government service is NOT a fashion show!

4.5
    It is a bit difficult to believe that this oh-so-young, oh-so-beautiful agent is allowed so much latitude and adventure in a carefully run agency agency with its fingers in so many widespread pies and where consequence of error is so potentially serious. Still, it has been a fun romp and it is interesting to see her potential develop as she attempts to learn her job and work her way around the assorted bureaucratic agendas and games that are part of the typical life in government service. Also interesting and true to life to see how her mentor is helping her steer through uncharted waters. Not so different from what many of us have experienced in a wide array of public service opportunities, although admittedly not so threatening to life and limb. I wish your writers and wardrobe staff could realize that this kind of work in the real world is not a fashion show; but I suppose that is more than the real world of show business can manage.
  • Annie get your gun

I know some fans like to see Annie as a modern day Mata Hari but I find endless series of Annie gets her end away predictable and tedious.

Now Little Noddy has had his turn, Big Ears returns next week and there have been hot and meaningful glances with McQuaid who has even gifted her with a gun as a crude romantic gesture!

Who will be next? Can't wait.
  • blind guy with a monitor

5.5
    I need help understanding why the blind guy has a monitor in front of him.

Any logical explanation is welcome.
  • Home Field Advantage?

The Chinese should have taken Wilcox AND Walker!!! Wilcox was ex-CIA with no money and no connections. Tom Clancy is rolling in his grave!!! At the very least, Wilcox was worth trading for last week's dude. Oh well. Pretty girls are not enough for a lasting series, get better writers.
  • I love this comedy

This is great. She is new to CIA without any extensive training yet solves problems very experienced agents could not; Not sure how much she earns but can afford 6-7 pares of Christian Louboutin - nice; and as every good agent when in the field appropriate shoes are always worn, minimum 7inch heel as it makes it more interesting running or climbing steps. How can you dislike show like this???
  • the blind guy has a monitor so others can see

the information that that is being "translated" into his headphones.

annie sees the info on the screen while a speech program describes it to augie
  • Really?

In S05E02 - False Skorpion, Annie follows a terrorist to a Mosque (?) in Maracaibo, Venezuela (?).

OK, it's a Latin American-looking place, people speak Spanish etc etc.

But then the camera zooms out to a broad aerial view of downtown Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, which is one of the country's best-known landmarks, where the area with Lacerda Elevator and the Mercado Modelo are instantly recognizable to 200 million Brazilians and quite a few foreigners. That's not showing good homework.

I had a good laugh at it, but I didn't think the director's intention was for it to be funny. Not even the same language is spoken in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil and Maracaibo, Venezuela. In times where accurate information is found in thousands of websites, that was definitely poor homework.

But I'll follow the show into its fifth year - it's a great series

• When is this show returning to UK tv?

I have been watching this show when it first came over to the UK. But it has been gone for a bit. When is it coming back?
  • Not Quite ALIAS

You will find enough action and place to see but its not quite the same as the Sydney from Alias fame. ITs been three seasons and it still feels as if the show can kick some more and have more explosions and make the plot more devious. Currently the predictability is kind of old school. If I miss an episode the world won't stop.
  • Tired of this.

Sadly I've grown tired of watching this show. It never was able to go beyond the case of the week scenario and frankly the only overall story is not that interesting (the former head scheming with a journalist? that's it? Arthur risking to lose its job is not exactly a nailbiting story...), not to mention that finally after all the first season and EIGHT episode of the second finally the sister of Annie starts to be suspicious of her work (a total waste of Anne Dudek, her House stint was awesome, this :( ....).

While the show has been funny at times to watch, the incredible adventures of Annies (because it's impossible to label them as anything else, being unrealistic at best) are not engaging, other than somewhat unbelievable (seems to me that the CIA has only her as an operative). Other than that I didn't grow attached to her character, I'm just indifferent to her ( I would have preferred the show being more focused on the other characters).

The last episoded that I watched was the ninth, about her professor, but I just realized I don't care enough to watch it end (She will obviously solve everything while ignoring standard protocol).

• General Questiion regardin languages

As a German working in the TV and movie industrie for almost two decades, I have come to know a lot of Germans that went to LA to persue their careers, so I really wonder why shows like Covert Affairs (and a lot of other shows) do not employ them when eg Piper Perabo is talking German to some extra in "Berlin" or "Vienna". It can't be the money, but over here we are cringing.
  • A guilty pleasure indeed

It might be an Alias wanna be but the Christopher Gorham eye candy makes up for the little girl lost spy. They do need to do something about the crappy green screen scenes though.
  • Wanna be Alias, bur still worth the money. This show has a good mix of cast, and a decent enough storyline to make it a few seasons. So if you are in dire need of some spy material, sit down, calm down and watch Covert Affairs.

Spy series are back. Covert Affairs is exactly what we needed since alias was canceled. Although it is not as good yet, it might get there. The show begins the usual way, girl falls in love with boy, boy leaves girl, hurt girl becomes a spy for the CIA, girl finds out boy is a rogue spy. The usual. The cast is good with heavy hitters like Christopher Gorham, Peter Gallagher, Kari Matchett. The plots are good, the characters as well, some twists are being introduced, so all in all, it is going places. Taking into consideration that it is not one of J.J. Abrams creations, this is an excellent show.
< 1 2