Covert Affairs

Tuesday 10:00 PM on USA Premiered Jul 13, 2010 In Season

TesserT

Covert Affairs Fan Reviews (61)

7.8
  • Getting Better and Better

Did not think they could make this show any more exiciting, but the last few shows raise the level of excitement and intrigue to new levels. My wife and I find this to be our favorite show. Keep up the great work!
  • Are CIA agents that incompetent?

I have been watching this show for the last month or so and it makes me wonder whether the network is writing the plots based on real stuff from the real CIA. This girl doesn't seem to hit one right. If the real agents are as ineffective as this actress is at being a CIA agent, no wonder we keep getting bombed out, get terrorists in NY, CIA honchos kept getting caught by the local police (Petreaus anyone?), employees can't keep a secret, anybody can get in there, secret papers are for sale by high school dropouts pretending to have an education (E. Snowden), and so on. Every time I watch the show, everything she tries does not work at all and her plans are rather pitiful. My co-workers and I make bets on the spot how it all going to end up for her at the end of each episode: bad. She sure is a lousy agent.
  • Seems the writers are totally lost...

This Henry Wilcox thing has dragged on to the point where I can't even watch the show any longer. We no what is going to happen - Annie is either going to nail Wilcox or the writers are going to drag this out for 3 more seasons. They should drop the "Covert" from the title. The writers seem to have lost their way and just dragging out a story line that should've been 4-6 episodes tops into 20+. It's like watching a 20 hour mini-series - or a soap opera - absolutely ridiculous. It's as if the writing staff just doesn't know how to end this - or they're intentionally dragging it out to string along fans. I was a fan but it's just silly and, in a way, insulting, now. If I want to watch a neverending story I'll put on General Hospital.
  • dislike

I dislike the new direction. Annie seems less smart. More guns and more sex are not the best option for this show. The human factor was the reason for me to watch. Trying to make Annie a female James Bond does not work.
  • used to be good

shame how the program has deteriorated into a sex fest.
  • Dead in the water

Covert Affairs has gotten to be one of the worst shows on tv. Annie isn't the same person anymore. The show doesn't even have a plot anymore. They need to go back to the way it used to be

• Sexist much? A response to the Annie haters.

---Spoilers Alert ---

Annie is a perfect dynamic hero. She makes mistakes, but learns from them. She's not perfect, but has a beautiful outlook. Past reviews have stated Annie is less brains and more action slut this season, but I would have to ask if those people have ever had tragedy in their life? The direction of this season matches perfectly with people who have just had a life changing moment and want to just act not think. Annie's impulsive, reckless abandonment and straight action best typifies the emotionality and raw fear that now is the agency. As for her being a slut, that's rather a sexist viewpoint don't you think? So a woman can't be James Bond? He's a man whore yet wildly loved by millions. I think society needs to question their judgement calls on women. And in fact, Annie Falls In Love with Simon, so please, refrain from making rude, uncalled for accusations. Especially since you obviously have not kept up with the show. Finally, Annie changing departments opens up the plot line and we are now coming full circle with the question of why Jay died. She was not "pimped out" as one person stated, but chose to use another form of her femininity. As Lina said, men use sex all the time, so yea, why can't women? If you are going to reprimand and insult one gender, lets keep it even across the board shall we. Point is, this show has been more action packed, energy drive, raw emotions flying everywhere, and I LOVE IT! I love how the creators have shaken things up, and are really showing what these characters are made of. Well done, and cannot wait till the next episode!
  • I have never reviewed a show but this show is so bad I thought I would warn others. I watched the whole 1st season and the season 2 premier before I passed judgement.

Characters have very little depth, story lines have no depth, lead character's flashbacks to the same crap gets old quick, green screen scenes are HORRIBLE... I've seen high school kids make movies that look just as bad - collage kids make them better, directing is nothing special - looks like a beginner, the writing is average at best - again it looks like beginners are doing the writing.

It is really too bad... the actors are good but the show makes them look like amateurs. USA is really desperate if they left this show on the air. No where even close to the quality of White Collar or Burn Notice.
  • Inconsistency

I thought that the CIA was not supposed to perate on US soi!?
  • super agent to slut!

2.5
    Okay - you just lost 2 loyal viewers. Joan has been replaced as a mentor and boss with a female pimp! After last weeks' 2 bedroom scenes back-to-back, we are done!

I miss the smart, ethical Annie with the new "use your body not your brain" and don't worry about anyone else, including her sister who is moving to California! Another meaningful character gone.

I wonder how James Bond would respond to his boss telling him to use his body to get what he needs to succeed!
  • Auggie & Annie

i love Auggie & Annie together. just like BF & GF
  • annie walker is a c.i.a agent in training who for some odd reason is prompted to field agent.

the show is very good and we get a great actress in piper perabo to play the main character annie walker.

the show has great writing,the acting is very good,but the action is lacking.

the problem with this show is that the action in the show is not too good.the character annie walker gets beat up alot.i guess its b/c shes a new field agent.

also just like alias the story is sometimes hard to follow b/c of all the information thats given to you.

so even though the show is good with the writing,sometimes good action,good acting,and good twists in episodes.

the problem is that sometimes the episodes are hard to follow and the action isnt all that good.

overall its a good show and i think with time the action and the information in the episodes can be better.
  • Enough with Henry!!!

I like the show, I really do, but I'm sick of Henry anymore. All good characters as Ben, Simon, Teo, Danielle, Jai and my favorite Eyal are gone, and I'm about to stop watching it, because it annoys me the way story goes... I hope writers will do something about it.
  • General Questiion regardin languages

As a German working in the TV and movie industrie for almost two decades, I have come to know a lot of Germans that went to LA to persue their careers, so I really wonder why shows like Covert Affairs (and a lot of other shows) do not employ them when eg Piper Perabo is talking German to some extra in "Berlin" or "Vienna". It can't be the money, but over here we are cringing.
  • Not Quite ALIAS

You will find enough action and place to see but its not quite the same as the Sydney from Alias fame. ITs been three seasons and it still feels as if the show can kick some more and have more explosions and make the plot more devious. Currently the predictability is kind of old school. If I miss an episode the world won't stop.
  • Lame and Boring Sorry...

Blah Blah Blah,,,,pretty blond chick as a spy totally unrealistic and Auggie is being played as a blind softie. .Blind people I know have some edge to them. Annie is always running around. There is never any time to show she DOES have another life. She sucks as a spy,always looking surprised while in each assignment. I think if you let Auggie go nuts and do some things that are evil,it would add excitement. As it is now,he seems like a helpless puppy dog tagging along after Annie all the time. This show has sucked since day one. I tune in like once every few months and it still hasn't changed. Suits is boring except for Louis. Burn Notice rocks,so does NCIS. Necessary Roughness was good the first few episodes,but that went down the drain also. What happened to quality shows? The Soul Man, the Exes aren't very good either( I watch it for Holly cause she is awesome). Hot in Cleveland makes me want to throw up,such horrible acting ... Please get these crappy shows OFF and put some good shows on .I know SOMEONE out there can think of a good plot for a show . And why do you butcher our comments? You leave out words and the whole paragraph ends up making no sense?
  • Best spy show on cable (sorry BN!)

I love me some spy stories. This is a smart, suspense-filled, action, drama with just the right amount of chemistry between the main characters. It gets better every season! I love, love, love the fact that this show actually shoots some of its stories in Europe and the East. It gives the show a fantastic realism that others do not match. I hope that it stays on the air for a long time to come!

. I'm still a fan of Burn Notice too :-)
  • The multi-lingual, young, quick to learn female spy has her hands full with her private life and her assignments.

I do hope that this program makes it. It often seems that a new program starts out with a great idea and a great first and maybe second season and then somebody in their infinite wisdom pulls the plug. I'm hoping this program will go someplace and not be another flash across the screen.

• mistakes

Hi,

Ive just watched S04E10 on foxlife in Europe. The show is about spies-all about details importance. But the show ( not the first time) made an appearance mistakes.. Annie is in Germany and is going into the bank with flat into camera gives large picture of her lying on the floor with high heels the end of the show,Annie walks out with the flat shoes again. This is not the first time made mistakes. Show is good and would be great not to have such major mistakes. Thanks.
  • She have everything, she deserve more time in the screen and will be surpirse some directors...

She can assume more complicated roles, is deep and she seduce almost every one, some time need to be more convincing in some parts of his role. Congratulations Piper, continuous your hard work!!

Julio
  • Covert Affairs Is Right!

LOVE THAT PIPER! :)
  • JUST NOT FEELING IT...

I am a FAN of the show and the characters; however, I JUST CANNOT believe Annie as this great spy that has all of the sudden gone "dark". The entire second half of the season, I trudged though in loyalty.

Not that I'm a fan of dragging things along, but perhaps they needed to drag this out a bit more to show Annie transforming into this undercover-dead-dark-operative. It just feels like she went from her ridiculous Louboutin's to Doc Martis's and driving her bright red YOU CAN'T REALY FOLLOW ANYBODY car to riding Motorcycles way too soon.

Still a fan though,
  • A guilty pleasure indeed

It might be an Alias wanna be but the Christopher Gorham eye candy makes up for the little girl lost spy. They do need to do something about the crappy green screen scenes though.
  • the blind guy has a monitor so others can see

the information that that is being "translated" into his headphones.

annie sees the info on the screen while a speech program describes it to augie
  • Really?

In S05E02 - False Skorpion, Annie follows a terrorist to a Mosque (?) in Maracaibo, Venezuela (?).

OK, it's a Latin American-looking place, people speak Spanish etc etc.

But then the camera zooms out to a broad aerial view of downtown Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, which is one of the country's best-known landmarks, where the area with Lacerda Elevator and the Mercado Modelo are instantly recognizable to 200 million Brazilians and quite a few foreigners. That's not showing good homework.

I had a good laugh at it, but I didn't think the director's intention was for it to be funny. Not even the same language is spoken in Salvador, Bahia, Brazil and Maracaibo, Venezuela. In times where accurate information is found in thousands of websites, that was definitely poor homework.

But I'll follow the show into its fifth year - it's a great series

• I love this comedy

This is great. She is new to CIA without any extensive training yet solves problems very experienced agents could not; Not sure how much she earns but can afford 6-7 pares of Christian Louboutin - nice; and as every good agent when in the field appropriate shoes are always worn, minimum 7inch heel as it makes it more interesting running or climbing steps. How can you dislike show like this???
  • Annie get your gun

I know some fans like to see Annie as a modern day Mata Hari but I find endless series of Annie gets her end away predictable and tedious.

Now Little Noddy has had his turn, Big Ears returns next week and there have been hot and meaningful glances with McQuaid who has even gifted her with a gun as a crude romantic gesture!

Who will be next? Can't wait.
  • An interesting new show with real potential. As a female professional, however, I am extremely irritated at the unprofessional appearance of the female section chief. Put some clothes on that woman, Please???? Government service is NOT a fashion show!

4.5
    It is a bit difficult to believe that this oh-so-young, oh-so-beautiful agent is allowed so much latitude and adventure in a carefully run agency agency with its fingers in so many widespread pies and where consequence of error is so potentially serious. Still, it has been a fun romp and it is interesting to see her potential develop as she attempts to learn her job and work her way around the assorted bureaucratic agendas and games that are part of the typical life in government service. Also interesting and true to life to see how her mentor is helping her steer through uncharted waters. Not so different from what many of us have experienced in a wide array of public service opportunities, although admittedly not so threatening to life and limb. I wish your writers and wardrobe staff could realize that this kind of work in the real world is not a fashion show; but I suppose that is more than the real world of show business can manage.
  • Not the series it started out as, to its detriment...

Where there was once a fluffy, fun show, filled with hot boys and girls (and men and women, too), doing totally improbable things just for the laugh of the audience, the new season says "Take us Seriously".

Too bad, because Covert Affairs is NEVER going to be a Serious spy show - it's too ridiculous in its premise and casting and episode stories. It's NOT an Alias, or a Spooks (MI-5 to us Americans), or even a Burn Notice, and that was the fun. It was a pretty, fairly mindless show where we could engage in amusement for an hour with lots of Suspension of Disbelief in the wild improbable stories, and ship our favorite couples. It was lightweight comedy with some decent action.

It's unfortunate that the producers and writers seem to have forgotten what made the series popular in the first place, and now somehow want Dark Street Cred instead. Covert Affairs fails at that on *sooooo* many levels.

Season 3 jumps the shark, and, I'm betting, is the last one. If I want gritty action and intrigue, I'll go over and watch Michael and Fiona, who kick the everlasting crap out of Annie and Auggie.
  • Review from sri lankan About mentioning their country

The season Covert Affairs mentions Sri Lanka a lot. But we should Notify you that Sri Lanka Is a Sinhalese country. so therefore we would like to see people talking in Sinhala more. but as of now we see them talking only in Tamil all these days.
< 1 2 3