Covert Affairs

South Bound Suarez

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 27, 2010 on USA

7.4
  • This episode spends so much time with secondary characters we'll never see again that it takes away from learning about our main characters.

we spend so much time this episode with characters that we're never see again that it takes away a lot of chances to get to know the important characters we'll spend the rest of the series with. I don't really care about some woman's love crisis as it adds nothing to the arcs of the characters we're seeing every week. This episodes lost a lot of ground early in the season's run to really bring the audience into it's world. A non-essential character episode is great for breaking up the monatony in a series, but not at the expense of the audience getting to know the main characters in the beginning. I mean, if early on the main characters are not given enough depth for the audience to care about them then the series isn't going to go any where. If this episode had come latter once the audience has gotten to know and like the leads then it would have really moved the series along.
USA