Cow and Chicken

Cartoon Network (ended 1999)

Cow and Chicken Fan Reviews (74)

• Back at the Barnyard should be taked down due to restricted copyright.

Another classic cartoon cartoon that once again the high cracked CN took off the air. This shows mainly about a father and a mother (and their never shown except for their feet and legs) who do it, and for some reason, give birth to a talking chicken and cow. The dad musta'v been a farmer or something. And these animals go to school with humans. And the red guy, people call them the devil (i don't know what the hell he is) is some bad guy in the show. Cow and Chicken sometimes make a cinema in "I Am Weasel". This show can be really screwed up sometimes but it's still funny to watch. Heres one example of something wierd in this show. Eating pig a**.
  • Funny...

This is a classic. Nothing to it. Why anyone says it is bad is pretty wierd in my opinion. It is about A cow and a chicken who have human parents(who you never see above the waist), boneless chicken(who has no bones), and a red charector that i'm pretty sure is the Devil. Devil is always the bad guy. Cow also has an alter ego, named supercow! A++, R++, 100%. My favorite is the laughing puddle, where They find a puddle of thick water(which has water molucules the size of watermelons!) and everybody goes in to find boneless chicken telling jokes.
  • BWING IT BAWCK!!...

I'wm Cow!I wuv thiws show so muwch!OK I'm not Cow but the show is cool.It's about the wierd adventures of siblings Chicken and Cow.They do things that I can't believe their parents will let them do.But their mom and dad are as dumb as posts so that answers THAT.

My favorite charecters are Cow,Chicken,boneless chicken,Red,Kevin,and Earl.Chicken and Cow's parents aren't one of my favorites because they are such RETARDS!And the animation makes everything look ugly so that's why I gave it minus 1 point.

They usualy only air it on April fool's day but not any other day.Which SUCKS.I put this in my favorite shows category along with American idol,Spongebob,and Blues Clues.this show should have more episodes and airings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!balogna!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • insanely humorous

this show was crazy! the whole premise of the show is kind of just explained in the first lie of the theme song. the show is about a cow and a chicken that are siblings, have human parents, interact with human society with no problem, and for some odd reason the devil follows them around. whoever created this must have been on drugs, and it's a good thing. the show always brings an odd twist to things that children face in their everday lives like shopping at the mall or speculating at what it's like in the girl's bathroom. in just about every episode cow and chicken (yeah, that's their actual names) ussualy are met with a dilema by the red guy (i just call him the devil because that's pretty much who he is). the red guy for some odd reason moves around by rolling on the ground and, i'm not kidding, walking on his butt cheeks. he also talks in a kind of semi gay way and will randomly yell at the end of sentences. and as if he wasn't weird enough, the mom and dad of cow and chicken, who's names are mom and dad, are only seen from the waist down, and their shadows don't have any upper bodies. also, they randomly break into maniacal laughter from time to time. even cow and chicken are weird. chicken is supposed to be eleven years old, though he souinds like a twenty year old with some sort of an accent. cow is supposed to be like a six year old girl, though she's really odd and energetic. throughout the series, whenever chicken is in danger, she would turn into a super hero called supercow. it's just like superman, except when she's supercow she speaks spanish(what?). all in all, i think that this was a great sho, and is an underaprecciated classic.
  • "Cow and Chicken" what a crew!!! I used to love those guys. I don't have a favorite episode because they all used to crack me up. Can't compare a silly Chicken and a mellow dramatic Cow with any other cartoon.

Cow and chicken are sadly missed to this day. It was my favorite cartoon and the silver linning of a bad day. No matter how awful anything was they still used to crack me up. Today people need to laugh and I find tha the great cartoons get canceled. We at least still have Tom and Jerry, but they aren't the cow and the ckicken. I used to make sure to be home to watch Cow and Chicken. Odly enough I used to look so forward to it. I would not care if there were re-runs after re-runs, those guys crack me up!!!
  • Two people somehow biologically have a chicken for a son and a cow for a daughter. Every bad person is a Red Guy with no pants. The plots have every wierd bit of imagination to them. What more could you ask for besides more seasons?

I remember when I got into this show. I was a young boy at the age of 10. Every bit of this show is too funny. First of all, a man and a woman with unknown jobs somehow have a chicken named Chicken for a son and a cow named Cow for a daughter.

Next, nearly everyone they encounter is the Red Guy. Red Guy is too funny. First of all, his names concur the idea he wears no pants (although he has on a couple of ocassions). Next, he is always screaming and whispering in the same sentence. His butt-walking habit really expresses himself. And finally, he is always up to some deed against Cow and Chicken or he is using them for his dirty deeds. And in the end, he gets justice (funny justice).

This show is one of the classics that should be on CN today instead of stuff like Chowder or George of the Jungle. Shows like this, Courage, Johnny Bravo, and the pre-2001 Dexter's Lab NEED to be put on DVD.
  • Well, if you like Cow & Chicken, just for that, awesome show.

Cow & Chicken rocks like every show in the world. People say it's stupid. Well, yes, it is, but it's cool. And people say that it's bad and unfunny. Well, you review so badly that a buffalo can review the show better.

It's moo-refic. I even like I Am Weasel featuring I.M. Weasel & I.R. Baboon. And to say, you can say what your favorite character is. Well, my favorite is the Red Guy. You know, the pantless Red guy that looks like the devil (Satan (Only in the pilot episode)). Well, the Red Guy is funny with his disguised name and the attepmted humor within.

So, Cow & Chicken is a cool show, and a guilty pleassure.

(End comes up the screen) END!
  • chicken was the best

come on it was great n popular until the actors 4 flem n chicken went 2 the simpsons as krusty homer grampa simpsons suck n now a girl owns cn making gay shows what's up with that it on the cn dvds though here r random letters hhhhh g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g gg g g g g g g g g g g g g g g great that is what the show is
  • I love it!!!

This show was very cool!!! This show was my favorite when I was little but I kind of like Ed,edd n eddy better. All the charaters are funny and the episodes too. Mostly Cow and Chicken`s parents for funny. The parents are hillarious and I just cant get enough it them. I dont know why it only lasted for 2 years. I always wonder where will they show that show it boomerang but this show only came in 1997 so its not so old. I love this show as much as Spongebob and all good shows out there. This show is great and it should last longer.
  • Please make some new episodes!

This show needs to get brought back now! It was really really wierd, even for a cartoon but thats what made it so funny. All these new shows need to get cancelled and replaced with the good old classic cartoon cartoons like this one. Please, do it! At least play the re-runs! Do something before I go bolistic!
  • Classic cartoon cartoon...

I loved this show back in the day. It was the first cartoon cartoon I watched. It was new to me, compared to other cartoons, and I just really got into it. It's probably good that it didn't go on too long though. Keep it short and sweet. Fifty words.
  • My favorite childhood tv show.

Cow & Chicken was and still is my favorite childhood tv show. I've found it's comedy as crude humor to be funny. Ever since it's debut, i've watched every new episode and rerun because each individual episode to be special in it's own way. I miss watching it, and it may never come back to tv. It's weird about the fact that some human would give birht to animals. I never really realized that till 2000. Meanwhile it's other cartoon I am Weazel stars a weazel and a baboon. In 1 episode, they had a crossover in which the red guy is erasing people's color.
  • Bring it back

Cow and chicken is another one of those shows that went back in the days when cn was like heaven.It started a cow and a chicken.My Fave episode was when chicken goes into the girls bathroom.I miss this show it must be brought back nowadays on cn were loaded with junk like zatch bell,juniper and hi hi.p.s. Watch this show immediately if you haven't.
  • Two years? Wow cartoon network wow!

This is antother one of those good classics Such as Jonnny Bravo. Why can't cartoon network relize that they're nothing but a piece of trash lying out of the city without shows like this. They're funny, original, and didn't go downhill. I mean there are shows on CN yeah thye're preety god. But its gets worse and ends up being cancled then they replace it with another terrible show. This is one of the best claasics ever lived on cartoon network. If you have never seen this show before, you have had no idea what you've been missing. Ah the good ol days.
  • A really funny show that was obviously influenced by Ren & Stimpy.

"Cow and Chicken" is Cartoon Network's 5th original series. It premiered in 1997 and ended in 1999. Like most of the Cartoon Cartoons, this one started out as shorts on CN's 2nd show, the animation anthology series "What A Cartoon!" in 1995. This show revolved around Chicken, a smart-mouthed, trouble-making chicken. Cow, a happy, girly, dim-witted cow. To me they seem like a mixture of Ren & Stimpy, and Dexter & Dee Dee. I have no idea what the heck was going on David Feiss's mind when he made this show. It's one of the craziest cartoons ever. Some examples of insanity, and surrealism in this show are:

-Cow and Chicken are siblings, and their parents are human.

-One of their favorite foods is a pig's butt, wich they call pork butts.

-The Red Guy (The Devil in the pilot) runs around naked, and acts proud of it.

And much more, but this show was hilarious for the craziness. I can see Feiss was trying to mimic the animation style of John Kricfalusi (creator of "The Ren & Stimpy Show"). I enjoyed the "I Am Weasel" segments as well. I.R. Baboon was the funniest idiot character since Stimpson J. Cat. But when Weasel got his own spin-off show it seemed a little...... mediocre.

It's not as good as the show it was ifluenced by (Ren & Stimpy), but it was one of Cartoon Network's funniest shows. Chicken, Cousin Bone-Less and Red Guy were the best characters. Charlie Adler did a great job voicing those three along with Cow. "Cow and Chicken" was a fun show that was a little gross sometimes, and haters of surreal, and absurd humor may not enjoy it, but it was very funny, had great animation, hilarious characters, and a fair amount of insanity, wich all made it a great cartoon, and one of CN's bests. I reccomend it to fans of "2 Stupid Dogs", "The Ren & Stimpy Show", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Courage the Cowardly Dog", and "Invader Zim".

Rating: 85% "Great"

-Cartoon King
  • Strange, but quite funny.

Oh i remember the first time i watched Cow and Chicken. We had just got new Fox tell and mum was trying to find something for me to watch. We stumbled upon a very strange but still quite funny show. I watched and came out of it quite enjoying it. Though all the eps were just getting repeated, so i stopped watching. Then mum started taping more on a different channel, but i couldn't find the tapes, so i sort of stopped watching it. Then a couple of days ago, we found the missing tapes, and upon watching it again i have found why i like it. To me this show is a wacky over the stupid show. I also like I Am Weasle.
  • Parents who adopt a Cow and Chicken who get into some weird and mild trouble/situations/adventure. Along with a pants-less devil named "Red Guy" and other butt/pants names does all the mischeif.

7.8
    This is a funny series. Stupid to most people, but better to watch than Dexter's Lab in my opion.

What's cool about it is that Charlie Adlar does atleast 4 charater voices in the series. This proves he's one of the best Male Vocie actors of our time.

Those who like something that's stupid but funny at the same time will enjoy this show.
  • The Apex of Perversion

Is there anyone who actually believes this is for kids? Each episode more twisted than the last. Stretched out nostrils, vulgar appendages, everything has pimples or ass/cleavage cracks, everyone & everything is a stone freak. Pretty much like real life far as I can tell! Even if they weren't stretching it as far past just gross as possible to way, waay over the top, Charlie Adler's voice alone would have me in stitches. It would figure this delightfully disgusting cartoon is beyond these dullards, but it was never really for you in the first place, was it?
  • Ya see?

This is how you give a cow udders! Not like Black to the Barnyard! Those udders looks so fake, I wanted to barf! But this show is good because it's not a dumb late 2000s show!
  • 90s Cartoon Network

Few ep (02-03)
  • Missing them

Wow! I can't believe I found this show on tv.com! I'm very glad that I'm not the only one apreciating this cartoon (as I saw on the most of the reviews). Anyway, Cow and Chicken is a classic one for me. Why is that? Well I've seen them non stop when I was little and now,when I got the chance to watch them,it brings back good old memories. In plus, it's very funny when I know what's going to happen in (ok,almost) every episode,although was a long time from the first time I've seen it. At me,Cartoon Network are playing Cow and Chicken at a veeeery early hour (4 a.m) and I only catch them saturdays, when I'm coming home from the clubs,and,even if I'm quite tipsy and sleepy,I still watch it (I laugh all the timeeee). It's becoming a routine now. In the end I'll still repeat it (sorry) this cartoon it's a classic one,funny and all of that.
  • "BIG BWUDDA!"

Cow and Chicken has got to be one of the greatest shows on TV it revolves around a cow and a chicken who are apparently siblings and their mother and father are humans, Whoever came up with this idea is a genius as this show is a classic but Cartoon Network decides to cancel it and replace it with crap like My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Robotboy and Class of 3000 and stuff like that they've got to bring this classic show back my favourite character is Cow because she's the funniest out of all of them especially what she refers Chicken to(Big Bwudda) and Chicken's funny with his New Jersey accent and there's other great characters such as The Red Guy who disguises as someone in every episode one of the funniest roles he was playing was Mrs. Barederriere in Happy Meat(one of my favourite episodes) especially when she was serving all the ketchup food i hope they bring this and I Am Weasel back on the air along with the rest of the Cartoon Cartoons and get rid of the new crap on Cartoon Network.
  • Classic show

It was a very good show not the best of the cartoon cartoons some may argue but it was very good show some of the epsoides were just weird those but he good ones were classics anyway I think it should stay on Cartoon Network I think all catoon cartoons should stay on cartoon network I heard that they are coming back in november for a month or so my birthdays in november so that would be the best birthday present EVER I could see the schulde now I hope it happens and you should to come to the crtoon cartons side!
  • This show is so funny!

This show is truely hilarious! Unlike "Gym Partner," the jokes in this show are funny. Watching this show makes me laugh so hard I end up with tears streaming down my cheeks from so much laughter. Every episode in this series has made me laugh. Sadly this series has been taken off with all the other Cartoon Cartoons that should still be airing on Cartoon Network. I don't understand how CN could cancel such a classic show like this. In my opinion, CN should show less of "Gym Partner" and "Squirrel Boy" and put on truely funny shows like this one. I'm surprised this show only rates a 7.9 right now. A show like this deserves a much higher rating.
  • BRING IT BACK!!!!!!!!

I think Cow and Chicken was a great show. I think Hannah Barbra should bring it back, but on Boomerang instead of Cartoon Network. It is a great show and I don't know why anyone in the right mind would cancal this show. Yes the animation stunk, but come on it was a great show.
  • what a great show cow and chicken is one my faverote shows

ya ay ay aya y aya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ay ay ay ay aya ya ya ya y ay ay ay ay aya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya y ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay ay aya ys yas yas y dyqbfyqfbdqdfhuyqdqhduhq u hu uu hu u u u hu bgh vtv h huv tg bh buy b nn un uh jgygy yy y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y y
  • Zany cartoon about two odd couple siblings: one is a naive, but "glass is half full" cow and the other is a badboy, tough-as-nails chicken. Each whacky episode seemed to be whackier and funnier than the one before it. Just all out fun!

This whacky cartoon is zany and outrageous along the lines of "Ren and Stimpy". You practically know what you are in for during the introduction song...two human parents give birth to a chicken and a cow. And what are the names of this odd couple? Simply cow and chicken (although I think the chicken should get first billing since he is the funnier of the two).
    These two make the Looney Tunes seem tame by comparison, and while this may be too odd and manic for very young children, it follows in the modern tradition of cartoons today of being appealling to both children and adults (in fact, I think the adults would like it more).
    While the odd couple theme is one that has been done many times before, this cartoon adds a little more to the mix by having an antagonist that shows up for every episode, but with a different scheme to hinder our heroes, specifically the chicken, whose bad boy attitude sometimes gets him into trouble.
    This is one cartoon that needs to come back!
  • This show was hilarious and I miss it so much!

This show was so funny, why did they take it off? I first seen it when it was attached to some Johnny Quest videos I bought. I instatly loved it and wanted to see more. I hope they release this on DVD so I could see them all again. BRING IT BACK!
  • Bring it back pleez!!

I love this show.Even though it is a little stupid.I cannot believe they cancelled it.And now I dont get to see the dang show no more because they took it completely off air.The last time I saw it was 3 years ago.But they used to play it on cartoon network on cartoon cartoons.But now they have quitted playing it.I wish I can sue those people who cancelled it.Chicken is boring and Cow is cool.
  • This show needs to be brought back...quickly.

I can't believe that Cartoon Network cancelled this show. It was one of my favorite shows. Why is it always the good ones that have to die? If they want to cancel something, let them cancel 'Robotboy'. They need to bring back the good shows like this show, 'Courage', 'Evil Con Carne', & 'Dexter's Laboratory'. Just now, I watched an episode of this show and it was great. Just having it on the Cartoon Cartoon Show and the Cartoon Cartoon Top 5 is not enough. This show must be brought back.
< 1 2 3