Cow and Chicken

Cartoon Network (ended 1999)

Cow and Chicken Fan Reviews (71)

• 90s Cartoon Network

Few ep (02-03)
  • Wow, this show is just screwed up.

This show is not bad, but man is it screwed up. It's about a cow and a chicken who are siblings going on adventures with their nerdy human friends. But the devil is always trying to get them into trouble. Also their parents are human legs. I know, I sound like a mental patient but I'm not kidding. This is actually the show's plot.

This show is one of the more weaker cartoon cartoons in my opinion, BUT that doesn't mean it's bad. It's actually enjoyable. That is if you're into sick, twisted and non sensical humour. So maybe, this show is not for everybody.

But I'd rather watch this show than all the crap they put on CN nowadays.

Overall, a decent show......... a sick, disgusting, screwed up but still decent show.
  • What a waste of time

I hate this show. 1st, the animation looks all wacky and unclear. The jokes are very adolesant and inappropriate for little kids. None of the characters were likable in my point of view and I just could`nt stand any of the episodes. I`m glad it did`nt get a long run like The Simpsons. This show is better off forgotten.
  • Great

This show lasted 2 seasons in 26 eps. Season 1 had 10, Seaosn 2 had 16. This show is sibling to IM weasel.

Season 1 (1995 - 1996) Good.. 7/10

Season 2 (1996 - 1998) 10/10

Year summary:

1995: Fair beginning (eps 101 - 105)

1996: (eps 106 - 110) Going on to season 2 (eps 201 - 202)

1997: Great. (eps 203 - 212)

1998: LAST OF SHOW (213 - 216)

Good show

• Gay Related Cartoon. WTC??

I think the man who created this program is a somewhat lesbian artist because I can never think of another artist that can animated characters that would constantly cross- dress. Such as female characters are wearing boy's underwear and that Red Guy transvestites constantly, acts as one sex to another and referring males as females (it makes me wonder if he is a lesbian). "The Buffalo Gals" episode got busted and shelved for spazzing out homosexuality. The new show called "Adventure Time" has characters that acted so gay and one episode revealed that Princess Bubblegum and that vampire chick are lesbians, which made that episode infamous.
  • A cartoon for stoners

This show is so boring not to mention its disgusting. Also, the writers were to lazy to explain the characters' backstories. Why does the red guy hate chicken so mush, NEVER EXPLAINED. how can cow and chicken be related and have human birth parents, NEVER EXPLAINED. The plots make no sense at all and it feels like David Fiess was to stoned to put any effort into this show. Overall, I'm glad this show got canceled and is one of the shows that made Cartoon cartooon fridays suck.
  • It's stupid, but HILARIOUS!

I remember when I used to watch this show, my whole family considered it 'duddy'! And you know what, they're right! This show is practically, & arguably ***ed. It's not even appropriate for kids (they eat pork butts). But you know what? As stupid as the show is, it is hilarious!

I watched an old episode of this show (the one where Cow gets a pet fly) a few months back, & I was cracking up throughout the majority of it. I seriously never realized how hilarious this show really was, & as disturbing as it is as well.

The animation stands out, the characters are blatant idiots, but funny idiots, & has some very disturbing things that are still NOT appropriate for kids.

Overall, the show is stupid, but it is loaded with tons of hilarious scenes that will definitely make you crack up, even if you find the show ***ed.

"Supercpw al rescate!! Ayayayayayay!!"
  • I thought it was going to be funny...

4.7
    Since it's not an anime, I don't need to be that critical. Now I loved this show, along with I Am Weasel, when I was 7. I still remember the days when they showed it on CN everyday at 4pm. Then I switched to animes. In fact, I almost forgot about this show completely until last week when I saw it somewhere on the Internet. I decided to find an episode on youtube, and expected it to be funny. It was not. I found the jokes kinda immature, even the gross scenes which always made me laugh when I was young didn't strike me as funny but only gross. It's probably because I'm not a kid anymore. But I sure had a lot of fun with this show back then.
  • i think David feiss has something to do with butts in this show

I used to watch this series when i was a child and i was always confused by the behavior of the red guy of why doesn't he wear pants and why does he love to show his butt and i noticed a lot of people's butt crack was always showing like flem always has his butt crack showing from his pants and earl some times i was so young but i got an inspiration from him i became to love to show my butt too in public it is so great it is such a turn on when i show my butt crack i usually wear short shirts and a loose low rise jeans and walk in the street with half or more of my butt showing if i didn't have a penis i would have walked pantsless like him .
    he is just so beautiful! i just love how he enjoy his butt and
  • A really funny show that was obviously influenced by Ren & Stimpy.

"Cow and Chicken" is Cartoon Network's 5th original series. It premiered in 1997 and ended in 1999. Like most of the Cartoon Cartoons, this one started out as shorts on CN's 2nd show, the animation anthology series "What A Cartoon!" in 1995. This show revolved around Chicken, a smart-mouthed, trouble-making chicken. Cow, a happy, girly, dim-witted cow. To me they seem like a mixture of Ren & Stimpy, and Dexter & Dee Dee. I have no idea what the heck was going on David Feiss's mind when he made this show. It's one of the craziest cartoons ever. Some examples of insanity, and surrealism in this show are:

-Cow and Chicken are siblings, and their parents are human.

-One of their favorite foods is a pig's butt, wich they call pork butts.

-The Red Guy (The Devil in the pilot) runs around naked, and acts proud of it.

And much more, but this show was hilarious for the craziness. I can see Feiss was trying to mimic the animation style of John Kricfalusi (creator of "The Ren & Stimpy Show"). I enjoyed the "I Am Weasel" segments as well. I.R. Baboon was the funniest idiot character since Stimpson J. Cat. But when Weasel got his own spin-off show it seemed a little...... mediocre.

It's not as good as the show it was ifluenced by (Ren & Stimpy), but it was one of Cartoon Network's funniest shows. Chicken, Cousin Bone-Less and Red Guy were the best characters. Charlie Adler did a great job voicing those three along with Cow. "Cow and Chicken" was a fun show that was a little gross sometimes, and haters of surreal, and absurd humor may not enjoy it, but it was very funny, had great animation, hilarious characters, and a fair amount of insanity, wich all made it a great cartoon, and one of CN's bests. I reccomend it to fans of "2 Stupid Dogs", "The Ren & Stimpy Show", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Courage the Cowardly Dog", and "Invader Zim".

Rating: 85% "Great"

-Cartoon King
  • Come on now just look at the title....Cow and Chicken

1.2
    This is something no one should watch. I don't understand the people who do watch this show, it wasn't funny, it was just very very stupid and I am so glad this show is not on TV no more and they are not trying to hurt the kids eyes of today like they did to the kid era that encounter this show. I really feel like this is one of the worst cartoons ever invented by a person and I really would like to know what was the whole Idea of Cow and Chicken that I had to indure this bad show when I was growing up. I don't get the Idea so how would anyone else. I just give this show bad ratings and they should never ever put this show back on TV.
  • I was totally bored one day.

1.8
    Watching Cow and Chicken is something that I'm not proud of but the people who should be ashamed are the ones who created this CRAP in the first place. People call this a "classic" - in what twisted dimension are you living??? Tom and Jerry, Bugs BUNNY,THUNDERCATS,SPEED RACER, ASTRO BOY ...those are classics!!! The characters where tasteless and the only thing going for it was the "pork-butts" - I supposes it wrung a giggle from me every now and again but what was there to laugh about really? Cow and Chicken is a sad display of human (American) stupidity. I'm ashamed of myself of watching!
  • Bring it back

Cow and chicken is another one of those shows that went back in the days when cn was like heaven.It started a cow and a chicken.My Fave episode was when chicken goes into the girls bathroom.I miss this show it must be brought back nowadays on cn were loaded with junk like zatch bell,juniper and hi hi.p.s. Watch this show immediately if you haven't.
  • Funny...

This is a classic. Nothing to it. Why anyone says it is bad is pretty wierd in my opinion. It is about A cow and a chicken who have human parents(who you never see above the waist), boneless chicken(who has no bones), and a red charector that i'm pretty sure is the Devil. Devil is always the bad guy. Cow also has an alter ego, named supercow! A++, R++, 100%. My favorite is the laughing puddle, where They find a puddle of thick water(which has water molucules the size of watermelons!) and everybody goes in to find boneless chicken telling jokes.
  • Back at the Barnyard should be taked down due to restricted copyright.

Another classic cartoon cartoon that once again the high cracked CN took off the air. This shows mainly about a father and a mother (and their never shown except for their feet and legs) who do it, and for some reason, give birth to a talking chicken and cow. The dad musta'v been a farmer or something. And these animals go to school with humans. And the red guy, people call them the devil (i don't know what the hell he is) is some bad guy in the show. Cow and Chicken sometimes make a cinema in "I Am Weasel". This show can be really screwed up sometimes but it's still funny to watch. Heres one example of something wierd in this show. Eating pig a**.
  • cow and chicken such a good classic cartoon made by cn

cow chincken is about a cow and a chicken that are brother and sister and the cow is a superhero called super cow that can talk in spanish and there is of course a redguy who wantes to get the identy of supercow and they go on ihuman adventures tons of crazy things happen some are pretty funny and it has some laughs to it and i think the show was really good and brings me back to the days when cartoon network were really on top of things. and that is why i gave the show a 8. i really enjoyed watching this show over years
  • Seriously overrated.

0.5
    Cow and Chicken has to be the most overrated series ever. The animation is horrible, the voice acting in horrible, and the plots... well... you get the idea. Cow, Chicken, and the rest of the cast are complete idiots with nothing redeeming about them. The parents are only have there. LITERALLY! And they are insane beyond words. And then there is "The Red Guy". Someone without pants and they made a running joke about it.

For some reason, this show has a large following. I, for one, believes this is nothing more than a big waste of resources and it is better off canceled.
  • BWING IT BAWCK!!...

I'wm Cow!I wuv thiws show so muwch!OK I'm not Cow but the show is cool.It's about the wierd adventures of siblings Chicken and Cow.They do things that I can't believe their parents will let them do.But their mom and dad are as dumb as posts so that answers THAT.

My favorite charecters are Cow,Chicken,boneless chicken,Red,Kevin,and Earl.Chicken and Cow's parents aren't one of my favorites because they are such RETARDS!And the animation makes everything look ugly so that's why I gave it minus 1 point.

They usualy only air it on April fool's day but not any other day.Which SUCKS.I put this in my favorite shows category along with American idol,Spongebob,and Blues Clues.this show should have more episodes and airings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!balogna!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • insanely humorous

this show was crazy! the whole premise of the show is kind of just explained in the first lie of the theme song. the show is about a cow and a chicken that are siblings, have human parents, interact with human society with no problem, and for some odd reason the devil follows them around. whoever created this must have been on drugs, and it's a good thing. the show always brings an odd twist to things that children face in their everday lives like shopping at the mall or speculating at what it's like in the girl's bathroom. in just about every episode cow and chicken (yeah, that's their actual names) ussualy are met with a dilema by the red guy (i just call him the devil because that's pretty much who he is). the red guy for some odd reason moves around by rolling on the ground and, i'm not kidding, walking on his butt cheeks. he also talks in a kind of semi gay way and will randomly yell at the end of sentences. and as if he wasn't weird enough, the mom and dad of cow and chicken, who's names are mom and dad, are only seen from the waist down, and their shadows don't have any upper bodies. also, they randomly break into maniacal laughter from time to time. even cow and chicken are weird. chicken is supposed to be eleven years old, though he souinds like a twenty year old with some sort of an accent. cow is supposed to be like a six year old girl, though she's really odd and energetic. throughout the series, whenever chicken is in danger, she would turn into a super hero called supercow. it's just like superman, except when she's supercow she speaks spanish(what?). all in all, i think that this was a great sho, and is an underaprecciated classic.
  • "Cow and Chicken" what a crew!!! I used to love those guys. I don't have a favorite episode because they all used to crack me up. Can't compare a silly Chicken and a mellow dramatic Cow with any other cartoon.

Cow and chicken are sadly missed to this day. It was my favorite cartoon and the silver linning of a bad day. No matter how awful anything was they still used to crack me up. Today people need to laugh and I find tha the great cartoons get canceled. We at least still have Tom and Jerry, but they aren't the cow and the ckicken. I used to make sure to be home to watch Cow and Chicken. Odly enough I used to look so forward to it. I would not care if there were re-runs after re-runs, those guys crack me up!!!
  • My favorite childhood tv show.

Cow & Chicken was and still is my favorite childhood tv show. I've found it's comedy as crude humor to be funny. Ever since it's debut, i've watched every new episode and rerun because each individual episode to be special in it's own way. I miss watching it, and it may never come back to tv. It's weird about the fact that some human would give birht to animals. I never really realized that till 2000. Meanwhile it's other cartoon I am Weazel stars a weazel and a baboon. In 1 episode, they had a crossover in which the red guy is erasing people's color.
  • Two people somehow biologically have a chicken for a son and a cow for a daughter. Every bad person is a Red Guy with no pants. The plots have every wierd bit of imagination to them. What more could you ask for besides more seasons?

I remember when I got into this show. I was a young boy at the age of 10. Every bit of this show is too funny. First of all, a man and a woman with unknown jobs somehow have a chicken named Chicken for a son and a cow named Cow for a daughter.

Next, nearly everyone they encounter is the Red Guy. Red Guy is too funny. First of all, his names concur the idea he wears no pants (although he has on a couple of ocassions). Next, he is always screaming and whispering in the same sentence. His butt-walking habit really expresses himself. And finally, he is always up to some deed against Cow and Chicken or he is using them for his dirty deeds. And in the end, he gets justice (funny justice).

This show is one of the classics that should be on CN today instead of stuff like Chowder or George of the Jungle. Shows like this, Courage, Johnny Bravo, and the pre-2001 Dexter's Lab NEED to be put on DVD.
  • Strange, but quite funny.

Oh i remember the first time i watched Cow and Chicken. We had just got new Fox tell and mum was trying to find something for me to watch. We stumbled upon a very strange but still quite funny show. I watched and came out of it quite enjoying it. Though all the eps were just getting repeated, so i stopped watching. Then mum started taping more on a different channel, but i couldn't find the tapes, so i sort of stopped watching it. Then a couple of days ago, we found the missing tapes, and upon watching it again i have found why i like it. To me this show is a wacky over the stupid show. I also like I Am Weasle.
  • Well, if you like Cow & Chicken, just for that, awesome show.

Cow & Chicken rocks like every show in the world. People say it's stupid. Well, yes, it is, but it's cool. And people say that it's bad and unfunny. Well, you review so badly that a buffalo can review the show better.

It's moo-refic. I even like I Am Weasel featuring I.M. Weasel & I.R. Baboon. And to say, you can say what your favorite character is. Well, my favorite is the Red Guy. You know, the pantless Red guy that looks like the devil (Satan (Only in the pilot episode)). Well, the Red Guy is funny with his disguised name and the attepmted humor within.

So, Cow & Chicken is a cool show, and a guilty pleassure.

(End comes up the screen) END!
  • I watched this show a lot when growing up as a kid.

I would watch this show a lot on Cartoon Network, when I was younger. I found the show unique when it came out, as the creators thought outside of the box, and they gave the viewers something different to watch. The main character Cow is pretty funny at times and dramatic, while Chicken has the sarcastic tone, which I also liked. I liked the Red Guy, he was really funny, but the show did focus a lot on butt jokes and can be viewed and often criticized by many of the people who have watched the show or never have, because of what others have said.
  • Missing them

Wow! I can't believe I found this show on tv.com! I'm very glad that I'm not the only one apreciating this cartoon (as I saw on the most of the reviews). Anyway, Cow and Chicken is a classic one for me. Why is that? Well I've seen them non stop when I was little and now,when I got the chance to watch them,it brings back good old memories. In plus, it's very funny when I know what's going to happen in (ok,almost) every episode,although was a long time from the first time I've seen it. At me,Cartoon Network are playing Cow and Chicken at a veeeery early hour (4 a.m) and I only catch them saturdays, when I'm coming home from the clubs,and,even if I'm quite tipsy and sleepy,I still watch it (I laugh all the timeeee). It's becoming a routine now. In the end I'll still repeat it (sorry) this cartoon it's a classic one,funny and all of that.
  • "BIG BWUDDA!"

Cow and Chicken has got to be one of the greatest shows on TV it revolves around a cow and a chicken who are apparently siblings and their mother and father are humans, Whoever came up with this idea is a genius as this show is a classic but Cartoon Network decides to cancel it and replace it with crap like My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Robotboy and Class of 3000 and stuff like that they've got to bring this classic show back my favourite character is Cow because she's the funniest out of all of them especially what she refers Chicken to(Big Bwudda) and Chicken's funny with his New Jersey accent and there's other great characters such as The Red Guy who disguises as someone in every episode one of the funniest roles he was playing was Mrs. Barederriere in Happy Meat(one of my favourite episodes) especially when she was serving all the ketchup food i hope they bring this and I Am Weasel back on the air along with the rest of the Cartoon Cartoons and get rid of the new crap on Cartoon Network.
  • Classic show

It was a very good show not the best of the cartoon cartoons some may argue but it was very good show some of the epsoides were just weird those but he good ones were classics anyway I think it should stay on Cartoon Network I think all catoon cartoons should stay on cartoon network I heard that they are coming back in november for a month or so my birthdays in november so that would be the best birthday present EVER I could see the schulde now I hope it happens and you should to come to the crtoon cartons side!
  • Another great review brought to you by "The Painful Review Team!" Childhood favorite... not so good now.

6.9
    Don't get me wrong I loved this show when I was a child. With it's cute little stupid characters, annoying themes, and random sayings. But seriously does this thing make any sense to you? Momma had a cow? Dad had a chicken? Isn't it illegal to do that with animals? This is giving out the wrong message to young children that watched it. Plus it has that red guy that walked around with no pants. I mean honestly no one wants to see that. Just draw the guy some pants! It's not that hard people. Plus the spin-off show I am Weasel was much better. If you're looking for a funny show that is like Cow and Chicken than go watch Ren and Stimpy. That is really funny. The only reason why this is getting a 6 is because when I was a kid I used to love it, and I can't betray on it that much nowadays.

Note: This review and all others by this team are not meant to attack the opinions of any user[s]. We are merely telling our opinion on popular television programs. If you have a problem with our reviews send me or JoeLostDharma a PM instead of reporting abuse.
  • This show is so funny!

This show is truely hilarious! Unlike "Gym Partner," the jokes in this show are funny. Watching this show makes me laugh so hard I end up with tears streaming down my cheeks from so much laughter. Every episode in this series has made me laugh. Sadly this series has been taken off with all the other Cartoon Cartoons that should still be airing on Cartoon Network. I don't understand how CN could cancel such a classic show like this. In my opinion, CN should show less of "Gym Partner" and "Squirrel Boy" and put on truely funny shows like this one. I'm surprised this show only rates a 7.9 right now. A show like this deserves a much higher rating.