Cow and Chicken

Cartoon Network (ended 1999)

Cow and Chicken Fan Reviews (73)

• A really funny show that was obviously influenced by Ren & Stimpy.

"Cow and Chicken" is Cartoon Network's 5th original series. It premiered in 1997 and ended in 1999. Like most of the Cartoon Cartoons, this one started out as shorts on CN's 2nd show, the animation anthology series "What A Cartoon!" in 1995. This show revolved around Chicken, a smart-mouthed, trouble-making chicken. Cow, a happy, girly, dim-witted cow. To me they seem like a mixture of Ren & Stimpy, and Dexter & Dee Dee. I have no idea what the heck was going on David Feiss's mind when he made this show. It's one of the craziest cartoons ever. Some examples of insanity, and surrealism in this show are:

-Cow and Chicken are siblings, and their parents are human.

-One of their favorite foods is a pig's butt, wich they call pork butts.

-The Red Guy (The Devil in the pilot) runs around naked, and acts proud of it.

And much more, but this show was hilarious for the craziness. I can see Feiss was trying to mimic the animation style of John Kricfalusi (creator of "The Ren & Stimpy Show"). I enjoyed the "I Am Weasel" segments as well. I.R. Baboon was the funniest idiot character since Stimpson J. Cat. But when Weasel got his own spin-off show it seemed a little...... mediocre.

It's not as good as the show it was ifluenced by (Ren & Stimpy), but it was one of Cartoon Network's funniest shows. Chicken, Cousin Bone-Less and Red Guy were the best characters. Charlie Adler did a great job voicing those three along with Cow. "Cow and Chicken" was a fun show that was a little gross sometimes, and haters of surreal, and absurd humor may not enjoy it, but it was very funny, had great animation, hilarious characters, and a fair amount of insanity, wich all made it a great cartoon, and one of CN's bests. I reccomend it to fans of "2 Stupid Dogs", "The Ren & Stimpy Show", "Dexter's Laboratory", "Courage the Cowardly Dog", and "Invader Zim".

Rating: 85% "Great"