Cowboy Bebop Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Did you like the ending? (Could contain spoilers)

jeva1287

[21]Jul 20, 2006
    • level: 9

Just watched the ending last night and I didn't want to believe that Spike had died, I was expecting them to cut to the inside of the bebob with spike a bandaged lying on the couch but then the credits popped up.  But no that I think about it the ending was perfect, it fit, and I think that I've just been spoiled by things having happy endings.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

fatzombiepigeon

[22]Aug 1, 2006
    • level: 2

I liked the ending, but what is interesting is that the creator of the show said after the series was finished is that it is not confirmed that spike is dead. He never said anything about death. He then stated that he didn't want to make a Cowboy Bebop 2 because he didn't want to upset the fans. I read that on Wikipedia.

Flashback1578

[23]Aug 3, 2006
    • level: 1

When I first saw the final episode of Bebop I was surprised they decided to go with killing off Spike. I liked it, don't get me wrong but I thought it would be something different. I knew Spike would fight Vicious and that he would win, but I thought the ending would be different from there on, although I was thrown a curve ball it was still highly enjoyable.

gorillaz_13

[24]Aug 12, 2006
    • level: 17

well i liked the ending.but i didn't want spike to die.

Shattered_Angel

[25]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 6

My sister, fourteen, thinks that the ending is depressing, and she doesn't really like it, but to be honest, I couldn't see it ending any other way. Spike has lost the only woman he ever really cared about. He has no reason to keep on living. To him, life is useless. To die and perhaps be rejoined with her almost seems happy. Perhaps in death he finally woke up from the dream that was life. I know it's sad, but I just couldn't see Spike brightening up, getting hooked up with Faye and looking toward the future. It's not really in his character. It was a fitting ending, even if it was a bit sad. *cries*

emasterslake

[26]Sep 2, 2006

Saw it recently, and i think it was a good ending in a way. Spike is like a warrior and he died like one. Plus he had to confront with the past that's been bothering him for sometime. So it's cool that he did confront it even if it cost his life.

But he'll be remenbered as a bounty hunter with a dark past.

Holstreet

[27]Sep 21, 2006
    • level: 3
    I thought it was the best Anime ending ever, it leaves you thinking.

thug_jr

[28]Sep 23, 2006
    Yeah, this was the best ending for an anime ever. As a critical viewer, can you think of any anime that wraps up better than Bebop? The ending followed the 'tragic' theme prevalent throughout the whole series. Although it was sad, the ending made sense and was somewhat expected. Anime series tend to have crappy endings, and I'm curious to see if anybody can think of an anime that wraps up better than Bebop.

Kieran2501

[29]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    The ending was amazing--it made me want to cry.  This is probably the most impressive anime I have ever watched--I am though, a casual fan of anime.  

Animedarling

[30]Oct 28, 2006
    I loved the ending also and agree it could have ended no other way.
    He was just living life like a dream with no risks and a sexy flare.
    Eventually he knew had to cross paths with Vicious and I think he knew his life would be an end. They could have gone away and just left but they didn't and she died. Could he or Vicious really go on without Julia? No. It was fitting. I also agree you don't need more than what the creator provided us with his masterpiece, I was glad it was short, funny, exciting, moving and sexy. Even though, Faye was hurt (and I absolutely love her) I believe she, Edward and Jet will be alright to move on. I also believe I heard somewhere that the creator didn't want it to drag on but end it sweet and on a high. Kinda like David Chappelle! With a sweet songbook!!!

I only wish they could end Inuyasha the same way instead of us hanging on to the manga.

legato11

[31]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 11
    Greatest series finale ever.

soupcan58

[32]Nov 8, 2006
    I've got to say, I'm not really sure if he's dead or alive. To me, it would seem death would be the only possibility. He lost the love of his life; he lost his(originally) close friend, now arch-nemesis. There was nothing tying him to this world. But, only one star fell at the end of the series. Remember what running bull said in Jupiter Jazz pts. 1 & 2, as well as TRFB Pt. 1.

genremixer

[33]Apr 23, 2007
    • level: 8

tuxed0 wrote:
    as per all Japanese anime: (cite: Neon Genesis Evangelion, Read or Die, Escaflowne, Fullmetal Alchemist) the first 2 and last 2 episodes generally have no meaning and leave the viewer extremely unhappy. I felt the same way with all the series above, and Cowboy Bebop was no exception. The ending was bad. It felt like the writers got bored and just gave up. This is another reason why i love and hate anime. There's amazing stories in the midst but the start/end leave you with a bitter taste in your mouth. *sighs* I just guess thats how Japanese Anime is supposed to go?

that doesnt even make sense. the ending was perfect. what did u want to happen? did u want spike to get with faye since julia was dead? unless youre retarted, you would know that the ending couldnt have been any better. it was perfect.

0hBoy

[34]Apr 28, 2007
    • level: 8

Chiroptera_Rex wrote:
    You have to remember that the movie is a dream that Spike has. If it had been reality, he probably would have been killed since his heart was pushed around, he was shot (probably through his lung), and he fell hundreds a feet to the water below. Anyone who took that would be dead. The ending is perfect. It's the only ending that would work. Spike and Vicious lost the only one that they truly cared about, Julia, and there was nothing else to live for besides to seek vengeance upon one other. Both of them doing each other in was the perfect ending.

not so perfect for spike...

ludmilas

[35]Jun 10, 2007
    • level: 4
    I loved the ending. It was very sad but theperfect way to finish the story. I think Spike was somehow chasing a ghost and once Julia died there was nothing left for him, besides he was the only one who could stop Vicious.

hammeydigital

[36]Jul 1, 2007
    The ending was great. "You gonna carry that weight"

raienbrasa

[37]Aug 7, 2007
    • level: 13
    While I did enjoy the finale and it was good, I can't say I liked it, or that it fit what I expected.

Now, Watanabe himself doesn't say if Spike is dead or alive, but I'm assuming he's dead, although that's not what I'd like to see. It just doesn't seem to fit with Spike's character to die. I do understand that with Julia's death avenged, he could die peacefully, but it isn't like him to give up on life. He would never choose to give up on anything, and would never prefer to die, Julia or no Julia.

At least, that was the vibe I got from him the whole series.

And no, I don't want any Spike on Faye action. Ew. xP

BadKarma99

[38]Aug 10, 2007
    • level: 5
    Cowboy Bebop couldn't have ended anyother way. It is the best anime ending ever.

virginia17

[39]Oct 3, 2007
    • level: 25
    Much like the anime Wolf's Rain, I found the series good but the ending bad. I was kinda picturing since Faye came back, Ed & Ein would come back too (especially since Ed did stop walking after Ein catched up to her). Then once Spike defeated Vicious, he and Faye could've became a couple. But NOOO!

CowboyBebopGM

[40]Oct 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    "I'm not going there to die, I'm going there to see if I'm truly am alive!"....This quote can go either way with the death of spike. How I perceive it is, hes going there to actually see if his destiny was to live or to die and truthly I think we'll see more cowboy bepop in time to come. Think about it, only one star fell that day when he went down and it makes more sense that if it was anyone who died it was vicious rather then spike or..... that maybe faye commited sucide cause she too felt like she had nothing to live for, and have both vicious and spike still live, Who knows? it could go so many ways with this. Although, I also think that the cowboy bepop generation wants to belive that he is dead due to the fact that no word has been confirmed if he really actually is or not so in a sense they've already came to live with the conclusion that he is. To me it only makes sense to bring cowboy bepop back because theres just to many open gaps in the finale, its just too inconclusive to remain the way it is. The finale felt more like a beginning then an ending.