Cowboy Bebop Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Did you like the ending? (Could contain spoilers)

  • Avatar of Supakilla_2004

    Supakilla_2004

    [41]Oct 25, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 8
    Spike didnt think that he had no reason to live. The reason he decided to kill Vicious was to protect Faye and Jet. Before he leaves the Bebop he tells Jet that hes leaving and that there is nothing he can do for a dead woman meaning that he is going to kill Vicious to protect his friends. And he did have feelings for Faye but he didnt want to get to close to anyone because he would be puting their lives in danger.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Athias09

    Athias09

    [42]Oct 26, 2007
    • member since: 05/13/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 41
    Ok! Did you all watch Cowboy Bebop? And I mean all 26 episodes. So many of you say that it was a "good" ending or that it wasn't a good ending at all. The person 2 comments previous to mine stated that Cowboy Bebop should be brought back and I say, "NO!" Cowboy Bebop is by far the best anime I've ever watched. The ending is perfect and timeless. So many of you are saying, "Oh! for a guy who's survived many times, it was unfitting that he died in the end. Spike was apathetic when it came to his life. You're under the impression that Spike had a zest for life. Spike always said that his life was a dream he couldn't wake up from. He even told Fey that one of his sees the past and one sees the present! His past was Julia and Vicious, his present was Death! And he died perfectly, every syndicate member watching come down the stairs, and he says "bang!" In itself that's funny, because he went with a bang. If more episodes were done, it would've ruined the storyline. It's obvious that the writers cared more about delivering a great anime than marketing it's popularity like with DBZ and InuYasha. So I don't know what most of you are talking about. I challenge you to name one anime, just one that is better than Cowboy Bebop.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Supakilla_2004

    Supakilla_2004

    [43]Oct 27, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 8
    I agree with you. In the end he was able to make the right choice and accept his fate.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of MajehKing

    MajehKing

    [44]Oct 31, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 3,084
    Cowboy Bebop is one of those series that stays with you forever, both because of its flaws and virtues. I'm disspointed that the series had to end so abruptly. I wanted to know more about the characters, to see what their lives could have been like. But the ending was incredible. Seeing the family torn apart was tragic, I got teary-eyed the first I saw the finale and still get a bit choked up whenever I do. When you look at it, there's no other way it could have ended. Ed is a wanderer who never stays in one place too long. When she left, Ein, who's closer to Ed than anyone else, went with her. Spike loved Julia and when she died there was nothing more to live for, hence he went for a final showdown with Vicious. Besides, Vicious was insane and if he didn't kill him there's no telling how many innocent people would have been killed. What makes me sad now is thinking how lonely Faye and Jet will be aboard the Bebop now that their friends are gone.
    I'd love to see another series that takes place within the Bebop universe if just for a chance to see them again. Perhaps something dealing with the ISSP or a syndicate, or hell even one of those space truckers. The unvierse of CB to me is fascinating, like one that can really happen. Someone has to go back and explore it again.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of megaman56k

    megaman56k

    [45]Nov 3, 2007
    • member since: 01/16/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 7

    Not only do I believe the ending is perfect, but better yet, I think the final song, Blue, just brings the ending up to a whole new level. If you actually listen to the lyrics, you can get a better understanding for the characters (Spike especially) and the series as a whole. I was sold on the finale, and Blue was just the icing on the cake.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Supakilla_2004

    Supakilla_2004

    [46]Nov 4, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 8
    MajehKing wrote:
    Cowboy Bebop is one of those series that stays with you forever, both because of its flaws and virtues. I'm disspointed that the series had to end so abruptly. I wanted to know more about the characters, to see what their lives could have been like. But the ending was incredible. Seeing the family torn apart was tragic, I got teary-eyed the first I saw the finale and still get a bit choked up whenever I do. When you look at it, there's no other way it could have ended. Ed is a wanderer who never stays in one place too long. When she left, Ein, who's closer to Ed than anyone else, went with her. Spike loved Julia and when she died there was nothing more to live for, hence he went for a final showdown with Vicious. Besides, Vicious was insane and if he didn't kill him there's no telling how many innocent people would have been killed. What makes me sad now is thinking how lonely Faye and Jet will be aboard the Bebop now that their friends are gone.
    I'd love to see another series that takes place within the Bebop universe if just for a chance to see them again. Perhaps something dealing with the ISSP or a syndicate, or hell even one of those space truckers. The unvierse of CB to me is fascinating, like one that can really happen. Someone has to go back and explore it again.


    Its true that Spike went to fight Vicious because Julia died but he also did it to protect his friends. I get pissed when people say he had nothing to live for because that means you dont understand the story. The whole point of the series was to show how Spike was able to feel again and become close to people.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of megaman56k

    megaman56k

    [47]Dec 2, 2007
    • member since: 01/16/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 7
    Supakilla_2004 wrote:
    MajehKing wrote:
    Cowboy Bebop is one of those series that stays with you forever, both because of its flaws and virtues. I'm disspointed that the series had to end so abruptly. I wanted to know more about the characters, to see what their lives could have been like. But the ending was incredible. Seeing the family torn apart was tragic, I got teary-eyed the first I saw the finale and still get a bit choked up whenever I do. When you look at it, there's no other way it could have ended. Ed is a wanderer who never stays in one place too long. When she left, Ein, who's closer to Ed than anyone else, went with her. Spike loved Julia and when she died there was nothing more to live for, hence he went for a final showdown with Vicious. Besides, Vicious was insane and if he didn't kill him there's no telling how many innocent people would have been killed. What makes me sad now is thinking how lonely Faye and Jet will be aboard the Bebop now that their friends are gone.
    I'd love to see another series that takes place within the Bebop universe if just for a chance to see them again. Perhaps something dealing with the ISSP or a syndicate, or hell even one of those space truckers. The unvierse of CB to me is fascinating, like one that can really happen. Someone has to go back and explore it again.


    Its true that Spike went to fight Vicious because Julia died but he also did it to protect his friends. I get pissed when people say he had nothing to live for because that means you dont understand the story. The whole point of the series was to show how Spike was able to feel again and become close to people.


    I have to disagree. The point of the series was not to show how he was able to feel again. Sure he was able to come close to people but he was never trying to save them, as they were never in any danger (regarding vicious). I say this loosely because they did tend to get unlucky and meet up with him from time to time, but the only one Vicious was truly after was Spike. I agree with you when you say he had something to live for. He was living to find Julia. He was living to take her and him to safety. However, if he could not find her and if he could not be with her and take her to safety, then he would live to kill Vicious. And this is where I have to say, once he killed Vicious, he was ready to die. He lost all reasons to fight.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ryoko_masaki

    ryoko_masaki

    [48]Jan 29, 2008
    • member since: 01/29/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 61
    I loved the ending. I think poor Spike deserved to just die and stop suffering. I wish that there were more epiosdes. I would have loved to see how Faye, and the crew dealt with it. But in all, this is one of my favorite animes. Poor Spike.....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SuperMarioKoRn

    SuperMarioKoRn

    [49]Feb 2, 2008
    • member since: 01/28/08
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 974
    I thought the ending was awesome, the way he had to fight Vicious like that.A little sad, but awesome either way.
    Edited on 02/02/2008 10:39am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of xbox360Junky

    xbox360Junky

    [50]Mar 17, 2008
    • member since: 03/17/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    I do believe there was no better ending than defeating vicious finally and leaving his soul to rest but damn i still have a crazy addiction for the amazing adventures with spike and his gang. I know itd be stupid to just make a new cowboy bebop but I MISS IT SO MUCH. I dont care what anyone sais i want watanabe to resurrect spike into the new world. Imagine how cowboy bebop would look in 2008 rather than from 1998, it would be way better but what ever Rest In Peace Spike Spiegle.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Supakilla_2004

    Supakilla_2004

    [51]Apr 9, 2008
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 8
    megaman56k wrote:
    Supakilla_2004 wrote:
    MajehKing wrote:
    Cowboy Bebop is one of those series that stays with you forever, both because of its flaws and virtues. I'm disspointed that the series had to end so abruptly. I wanted to know more about the characters, to see what their lives could have been like. But the ending was incredible. Seeing the family torn apart was tragic, I got teary-eyed the first I saw the finale and still get a bit choked up whenever I do. When you look at it, there's no other way it could have ended. Ed is a wanderer who never stays in one place too long. When she left, Ein, who's closer to Ed than anyone else, went with her. Spike loved Julia and when she died there was nothing more to live for, hence he went for a final showdown with Vicious. Besides, Vicious was insane and if he didn't kill him there's no telling how many innocent people would have been killed. What makes me sad now is thinking how lonely Faye and Jet will be aboard the Bebop now that their friends are gone.
    I'd love to see another series that takes place within the Bebop universe if just for a chance to see them again. Perhaps something dealing with the ISSP or a syndicate, or hell even one of those space truckers. The unvierse of CB to me is fascinating, like one that can really happen. Someone has to go back and explore it again.


    Its true that Spike went to fight Vicious because Julia died but he also did it to protect his friends. I get pissed when people say he had nothing to live for because that means you dont understand the story. The whole point of the series was to show how Spike was able to feel again and become close to people.


    I have to disagree. The point of the series was not to show how he was able to feel again. Sure he was able to come close to people but he was never trying to save them, as they were never in any danger (regarding vicious). I say this loosely because they did tend to get unlucky and meet up with him from time to time, but the only one Vicious was truly after was Spike. I agree with you when you say he had something to live for. He was living to find Julia. He was living to take her and him to safety. However, if he could not find her and if he could not be with her and take her to safety, then he would live to kill Vicious. And this is where I have to say, once he killed Vicious, he was ready to die. He lost all reasons to fight.


    When Jet asks Spike if he is leaving for the girl (Julia) in RFB2 Spike replies there is nothing you can do for a dead woman. Meaning he is fighting for his friends. Spike didn't fight Vicious because he had no reason to live. He fought him because he felt as if he was becoming a burden to people. Shortly after Jet is shot in RFB1 Spike ask if it hurts. He feels guilty because it was his fault Jet was shot. In another scene from RFB1 Faye sees an old woman talking to herself stating that she does not want to live a life in which she burdens people. This scene is put in to show Spike's feelings. So all you people you said he had no reason to live... you're WRONG.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Supakilla_2004

    Supakilla_2004

    [52]Apr 9, 2008
    • member since: 06/09/05
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 8
    It's all here http://thebebop.fortunecity.com/ending.html
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zzddll27

    zzddll27

    [53]Apr 11, 2008
    • member since: 04/24/07
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 146
    the ending was alright
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of auroren_sky

    auroren_sky

    [54]Apr 14, 2008
    • member since: 09/14/07
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    I guess you could say the show went out with a... Bang

    Great series, great ending, 'nuff said.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LordMoe

    LordMoe

    [55]Jun 14, 2008
    • member since: 12/02/04
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 309
    Whoever doesn't like the ending missed the whole point of the entire series, imo. I mean, you don't even have to read between the lines to know that Spike is just waiting to kill Vicious, and knows that he's going with him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duality_236

    duality_236

    [56]Jun 17, 2008
    • member since: 06/15/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 436
    Cowboy Bebop had one of the greatest finales that i have seen for me there is nothing to change about the show ended .
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Angus_Mac

    Angus_Mac

    [57]Jun 23, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 6,488
    I can't say whether that's the best ending ever (too early for me to process that), but I thought the ending was fitting. Even knowing who was going to die, unlike Death Note *cough*, didn't really spoil the enjoyment of the series. They did have to resort to the cliché samurai final blow, and I wish the combat were longer, but then again, Bruce Lee's fights were always really short and to the point, and assassin based anime shows usually have a lot of death at the end.

    I suppose if Faye really likes Spike's personality she could always hook up with Space Samurai Andy
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Evolution_666

    Evolution_666

    [58]Jul 1, 2008
    • member since: 07/02/08
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 680

    I thought the ending was awesome.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of neonbebop

    neonbebop

    [59]Jul 27, 2008
    • member since: 07/27/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    The ending was one of the best of any T.V series , nothing needed changing, sad and beautiful- also no bull **** happily ever after tone to it (although still a happy ending -peace 4 him, just not a blatant one where they walk of into the sunset holding hands) in laymen terms really **** good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of yoru89

    yoru89

    [60]Aug 11, 2008
    • member since: 07/05/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 260

    neonbebop wrote:
    The ending was one of the best of any T.V series , nothing needed changing, sad and beautiful- also no bull **** happily ever after tone to it (although still a happy ending -peace 4 him, just not a blatant one where they walk of into the sunset holding hands) in laymen terms really **** good.

    I agree it was a great conclusion to a great series with no fairy-tale everything works out fine ending. It was deeply emotional and action-packed, just like the series as a whole.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.