Cowboy Bebop

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Chiroptera_Rex

Cowboy Bebop Fan Reviews (172)

• There are no words...

I simply cannot express how much I love this show. It has had a profound affect on how I view all types of fiction and cemented my love for anime. One particular scene ALWAYS makes me cry and I've seen it like a dozen times. Every time I watch this show on DVD I get emotionally hooked just like I did when I first discovered it.
    Many of us think it's the greatest anime ever but that's really a matter of opinion. No one's pick is really wrong but this show has to be in the discussion.
    I can understand why younger anime fans don't love this series. It speaks to a more mature heart, one that has loved but more importantly one that has lost something very dear to it. I don't wish this fate on the legions of teenage Bleach-heads but life will unfortunately give them the tools to appreciate the Bebop someday.
    The soundtrack is an absolute classic. The woman who composed it used her travels in America (she's Japanese) to inspire her and it shows.
    The theme song just came up on my random/shuffle iTunes session, so I think that's a sign that I'm on the right track here and also that my review is finished.