C.P.O. Sharkey

NBC (ended 1978)

PikeBishop

C.P.O. Sharkey Fan Reviews (2)

6.8
  • This show gave you what you expected...

...Don Rickles having fun and spewing insults at everyone in sight. Sharkey was a typical 1970's sitcom vehicle that played to Rickles' talents quite well. Each episode featured Sharkey berating his recruits of various ethnic, racial and religious minorities with hilarous results in addition to battling his superior officers, including a superb Elizabeth Allen, and his fellow DI's. Well written and competantly acted, it ran for two seasons and, while it may not have been Cheers or Frasier, it certainly was not Stacked or Pauley either.
  • C.P.O. Sharkey blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations.

C.P.O. Sharkey blew past my expectations. At first, I had expected same old same old plot development but twist after turn of excitement and action just way exceeded my expectations. Mind you, there were some problems (most discontinuity issues) that I don't have the time to mention but all in all, a solid 9.