Cracker Forums

ITV (ended 1995)

Scariest criminal?

Lokar

[1]May 27, 2006
    • level: 26
    The writing and acting on this show were almost universally excellent, but even so, I have some that made stronger impressions on me. The case where Det. Penhaligon was attacked, and there was the other attacker around at the same time, was absolutely terrifying. Both of the perpetrators here were among the most frightening I ever saw on the series.

I appreciated how the show got into the thinking of the people, so that you would know why they did these things. You didn't 'feel sorry' the way you would if something bad happened to your friends, but you learned to understand why they were so sick.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

farnaholic

[2]Jun 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I particularly liked the episodes where Penhalligan was attacked. it gave great insight into the inner workings of an old fashioned police station, and what women went through just to be belived.
    i think that Fitz will end up back with Penhalligon, because i just think that they rock together.
    When Beck committed suicide, i was so let down i thought that maybe it would have been a different ending, like someone shooting him or something, but when i thought about it more, i ended up deciding that it was more dramatic the way that they had it.
    This show is so underrated!!

Lokar

[3]Jun 22, 2006
    • level: 26
    I am surprised Beck felt guilty enough to do that. Most rapists don't.

farnaholic

[4]Jun 28, 2006
    • level: 7
    However some racists do feel the guilt and it gets worse and worse, and realise the only way out is to die... and that is what happened to Beck... after confessing his crime to Panhandle

hartsxthree

[5]Oct 31, 2006
    • level: 6
    The scariest for me was Robert Carlyle playing Albie the one that keeps singing the soccer (football song) when Fitz is interviewing him. And the way he kills DCI Billbourgher (sp?). I thought that was one the best episodes.

lexkatz

[6]May 29, 2007
    • level: 11

Agreed. Albie!

Scariest fact was that i know people who were just a few days short of becoming someone like him...

MemnochZERO

[7]Mar 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    Yeah for me it's gotta be Albie. That man was so disturbing how he could rationalize every murder he did. And even when he looked like his mind was completely gone (with his Liverpool chants and going back and forth between his rage persona and his remorse), you knew he was calculating every action and word. The fact he could do both singular killings (David's death still gets me every time I watch it) or widespread damage (his bombs) just puts him on a whole other level than most CRACKER criminals. What scared me is, watching him, I felt he was making a lot of sense. I also thought Sean in To Say I Love You was kinda scary in the fact he was completely irrational and capable of anything. Finally, if Albie had any sort of criminal peer on the scary level it'd be Floyd Malcolm.