Creature Comforts Forums

CBS (ended 2007)

Creature Comforts (US) ...ended

topoopon

[1]Jun 22, 2007
    • level: 19

According to Matt Webb Mitovich on TVGuide.com, CBS has pulled the show.

Read the story here.
    Edited on 06/22/2007 3:25pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kdtfiles

[2]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 23
    Their problem was they put it in a bad time slot.

topoopon

[3]Jun 23, 2007
    • level: 19
    The problem was this show is only good in very short doses. 5 minutes at a time. Perhaps Adult swim will grab the remainder.

desert05

[4]Jun 24, 2007
    • level: 12
    I totally disagree. I have the British dvds and watch them over and over. It's probably more a case of the public (or CBS) not giving this show a chance to catch on. It's clever, brilliantly done and something different.

I can't believe a completely lame show like "Jericho" can work up a cult following and force another season on us, but something as clever as this is gone in a heartbeat. Typical. I only hope someone has the sense to put the US shows on a dvd. If it's up to CBS, I won't hold my breath....but if Aardman has the rights, maybe we'll eventually see it released.

Is there anything on CBS still worth watching, other than Numb3rs and the CSI franchise?? I sure can't think of any??
    Edited on 06/24/2007 9:34am
    Edited 2 total times.

SoylentYellow

[5]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 21

Not suprising that a dull show with talking lumps of clay droning on about mundane topics flopped after only 3 low rated episodes and that a thought provoking drama like JERICHO is being brought back.

Seems like CBS is definitely moving in the right direction these days. Though their fall schedule still has huge problems with the likes of Kid Nation and Swingtown as well as the summer dud, Pirate Master.

A show like this should be on the Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon, not CBS. If you want non boring claymation, Robot Chicken is a much better choice - though its definitely not for kids.

Edited on 06/25/2007 7:40am
    Edited 3 total times.

desert05

[6]Jun 25, 2007
    Once again, I disagree. Creature Comforts is far too sophisticated to put on the Cartoon Network. Of course, it's all subjective. Personally, I have found nothing thought provoking about Jericho, but it's been given a reprieve. I'm fairly confident CBS won't stick with it if it continues to do the same kind of numbers as it did in it's first year. Regardless, it really doesn't matter. If it's on I still won't watch it. Variety is the spice of life. CBS has so little to offer, I suppose it was easier to keep Jericho than to find something to replace it. If it weren't for the CSI shows, there'd be scarcely anything to watch on CBS.

HelloStuart

[7]Jun 25, 2007
    • level: 63
    kdtfiles wrote:
    Their problem was they put it in a bad time slot.

Mondays at 8/7c is not a bad time slot; I think the problem was that the show was too conceptual for a broad audience. I do hope, however, that the remaining three episodes make their way to DVD.

SpriteWolf

[8]Jun 25, 2007
    Hey, hey! Let's not start a battle here. I like both Creature Comforts and Jericho. They're both really great shows and they both deserve more episodes! Now let's all just lower our weapons because there's no reason for fighting among fans. The real battle is with CBS. Hey! Let's send thousands of clay animals to CBS and see where that leads us. ^^

desert05

[9]Jun 26, 2007
    My apologies to all. I was rather upset they'd cancelled the show, and there was no need for me to compare it to any other show. :-)

tvaddict_10

[10]Jun 28, 2007
    • level: 59
    Please keep this thread specific to how you feel about the cancellation of CC. Don't bash other shows because arguments are unnecessary. Thanks

My Thoughts
    I only watched the first episode but the show is good. Too bad Kyle XY is in the same slot though. But CBS should air the remaining episodes and release a dvd.

Jerry_P

[11]Jul 9, 2007
    • level: 15
    Maybe ABC will take the show. CBS and ABC both wanted it, and CBS won the bid. I guess it depends largely on if CBS owns the rights or not.

kdtfiles

[12]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 23
    tvaddict_10 wrote:
    Please keep this thread specific to how you feel about the cancellation of CC. Don't bash other shows because arguments are unnecessary. Thanks

My Thoughts
    I only watched the first episode but the show is good. Too bad Kyle XY is in the same slot though. But CBS should air the remaining episodes and release a dvd.
    That's what I ment about the time, it was up agains Kyle, thus CC lost
    I liked CC, am an Animation major in college, and we watched the British DVDs all the time. But was watching other shows before CC started.

kathiheck

[13]May 12, 2008
    • level: 18
    Apparently somebody liked it. Animal Planet aired the last three episodes last week, and you can buy "The Entire Series" on DVD now on Amazon. I submitted the information, but it's still pending. I know these shows aired-- how else could I have recorded them when I set up my VCR?