Crime Story Forums

NBC (ended 1988)

Episode 1-12 (Crime Pays)

NotAmerican

[1]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 8

I realize the "board" for this show probably gets looked at once every 6 years or so, but still...

...does anybody know the story with this episode (1-12, aka Crime Pays)? This site (tv.com) has it listed as playing right after the episode before it (ie - not the week after but IMMEDIATELY after); then the tv.com info for the episode says the episode may never have been played (??). The episode itself is strange - it has a recap of the half-season before it, then shows much important information afterwards (ie - new footage). Does this new footage ever get "revealed" in future episodes? Also, the episode is about an hour long without commercials; I'd imagine it's about 90min with commercials. SO did they just play 2.5 hours of Crime Story that night on NBC or what? If anybody knows I'd REALLY appreciate any info!

-ak

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

malicedoom

[2]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    As far as I know, this episode was supposed to provide a 'recap' of events that happened up to that point in the series, I assume because NBC was moving the timeslot of the show to air after Miami Vice (a move that greatly improved the ratings). Best I can tell, the episode (for whatever reason) NEVER aired, a shame. It's (as it sounds like you already know) mainly a recap episode with new footage at the end, that 'continues' the ongoing story.

That help at all?

NotAmerican

[3]May 1, 2008
    • level: 8

Well, then I'm ESPECIALLY glad they took the time to put it on the DVD. Anchor Bay isn't exactly known for putting "extras" on their TV programs, and they will DEFINITELY cut production on DVDs of a show if it isn't selling (Hill Street Blues, The Commish, etc.)

-ak