Crime Story Forums

NBC (ended 1988)

Season 1 Finale (SPOILER)

NotAmerican

[1]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 8

So, what'd you all think of the end of Season 1? It seemed like some cheesy sitcom to me! "What? You moved us into an atomic test site?? PAULLLLLL-IEEE!!". After the knuckle biting of the season - you know, everything they do to Luca and Co. fails, they all have their personal vendettas - and then, in the last two episodes, everything suddenly falls apart, and then theyget atomized (talk about deus ex machina!). It's like they couldn't think of a decent ending to the season after all the build up. And Gary Sinise (and I think some others) were credited in the 2nd last episode os S.1, but they weren't in it. That was weird.

So, tell me your opinions on Season 1!

-ak

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

malicedoom

[2]Oct 4, 2007
    • level: 10
    I thought it was sort of hilarious actually, but at the same time can TOTALLY see where you're coming from.

It was kind of 'disjointed' (the very end) to say the least - almost to the point it was hard to tell what the hell was happening (wait... did they just get blown up by an atom bomb???).

Still, if you watch Season 2, you'll see they continue to introduce 'surreal' elements into the show, while still maintaining their original 'grit' that makes the show so great. If only it had an actual 'conclusion'.

Marie222

[3]Jan 30, 2008
    • level: 4
    I watched the show when it originally aired and remember it was very likely to be canceled after the first season. So, a series ending where they get blown up seemed rather funny and final.