Crime Traveller

BBC (ended 1997)

TheOldBill

Crime Traveller Fan Reviews (4)

7.1
  • Very underated show.

I watched it at the time when it was new (aged 14) and then totally forgot about it until last year when a friend reminded me of it and I checked online saw the DVD of it and bought it there and soon as it arrived re-watched them all. (Remembering the end solution as I was watching them on 7 out of the 8). What so good about it is for starters it was a great idea anyway crime mystery and time travel but despite the corniness of the actual 'home-made' time machine. So some genius built himself a working time machine and not explaining the how what why and impossibly of doing that. That was the silly element but OVERLOOKING that ;) it's the best fiction ever to feature time travel (imo) because it's the only one I've seen that make almost makes everything fit, time cannot be changed so all you can do it relive the same set of events again but what happens happens and it all fitted together perfectly by the end and left no plot holes. It was constructed right and everything fitted together (Well in episodes 1-7 it then screwed that up in Episode 8).

The acting was actually good too I don't understand people who said it was wooden because it wasn't all the characters all seemed believable as if they could be real people the only silly element that gave it such mocking was just the impossibility of someone building a time machine. It wouldn't have held up forever but they could have easily given it a 2nd series. I'll never understand why the writer just abandoned it like he did after the BBC mess up, I mean screw the BBC he should of gone round and seen if ITV or Sky One or someone else would of done it instead.

Bottom line; it's an underrated gem that deserves more praise than it has.