Official discussion thread: "Death by a Thousand Cuts" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]May 23, 2011
    • level: 71
    This episode is the series finale. Please discuss "Death by a Thousand Cuts" in this thread. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BarryWeen3

[2]May 26, 2011
    • level: 14

Interesting storyline for the finale, good aspect. End the series on a cliffhanger, bad aspect.

drdigitaltv

[3]May 26, 2011
    • level: 1

They leave us hanging with that and then cancel the series?

I don't really care if there is another season but, give us the final episode to let us know what happened.

Edited on 05/26/2011 2:02am

zaracat

[4]May 26, 2011
    • level: 8
    And this is the reason fewer and fewer people tune in to regular networks show in their 1st season. It really makes you hate them. We get stuff like this all the time now, and even shows being canceled after airing only a few episodes has become common. Maybe "regular" networks, ie NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, CW would have a better time of it with new shows if they took lessons in not trashing a show right out of the gate from networks such as TNT, AMC, USA, etc who are all willing to let a new show have a little room to grow instead of sealing it's fate within the first handful of episodes. As for examples of what I mean look at "My Own Worst Enemy" which was announced as being axed as the 4th episode was going to air. "Lonestar" got the axe at the 2nd episode. These idiots are shooting themselves in foot and wondering why they're in pain. Until they wise up they are gonna keep burning through new shows like kindling, most of the people I know won't watch anything on those networks until it gets renewed for a 2nd season, then we watch the 1st one all the way to get caught up

slcrum

[5]May 26, 2011
    • level: 25
    Like the show or not, it should not have ended on a freakin' cliffhanger! Personally, I think Coop pulled the trigger. He's demonstrated how tortured he is in the past. This is just another stick on the bonfire.

kanniballl

[6]May 26, 2011
    • level: 18

/sigh

Ending a series on a cliffhanger stinks, which is why I hate it when a series finale ends on one unless they it was certain they would be renewed back when the finale was shot.

On the other hand, it does allow for imagination: kind of like "the Lady or the Tiger," the ending is what you want it to be.

But considering this show was nothing spectacular, it's not worth the invested imagination.

amaryllis88

[7]May 26, 2011
    • level: 20
    If every episode this season was as driven as this last one, it may have had a chance of renewal, but even with this episode, I don't feel invested with any of the characters. I hate to admit it, but it's the truth. I really didn't mind it if Beth was shot, or French Stewart's character...either one would've been fine with me.

The optimist in me thinks the bad guy was shot, and Beth was saved. The pessimist in me thinks that they both shot their victims..and nobody lived. I guess we'll never know, huh?

evilcleo

[8]May 26, 2011
    • level: 2
    That had to be the cliffhanger of the decade. It's not fair. Guaranteed it did not match par with the original but half of CM watchers weren't even willing to give it a chance. What about if the spinoff showed during the summer when they usually show CM reruns? Still, I'm convinced Beth was the one to die. Those two had a good friendship but the beginning showed him teaching that class. I don't think Cooper could do it. Hopefully we'll be able to see a scene or reference where Cooper and Hotch meet in regular CM, or even give a mention how it went down. Maybe a case will bring them to NY where we get to see Beth as head of that terrorist unit? Give the people who watched the series that much.

phf3947

[9]May 26, 2011
    • level: 71
    drdigitaltv wrote:
    They leave us hanging with that and then cancel the series?

It's the other way around. This episode was filmed quite awhile ago, and then the network canceled the series. This isn't the first time this has happened. CBS canceled "The Agency" but it was after the cliffhanger episode aired.

haldrey

[10]May 26, 2011
    • level: 22
    They literally ended the show with a bang. They banged someone in the show and banged us by ending with a cliffhanger. When a show is cancelled they should eliminate any episode containing a cliffhanger, but who cares about us the viewers.

platelet

[11]May 28, 2011
    • level: 8
    They could always resolve it as an Episode of the original series

danharr

[12]May 30, 2011
    • level: 45

Damn that stinks when the season finale is the series finale off to fan fiction if you dare that cesspool world.

memizz

[13]May 30, 2011
    • level: 11
    Hahaha, don't you just LOVE the To Be Continued at the end? How moronic! I'm gonna asume she died...

iamafan22

[14]Jun 27, 2011
    • level: 2
    Ugh! That's an awful way to end a series!

Ingelief

[15]Nov 25, 2013
    • level: 7
    platelet wrote:
    They could always resolve it as an Episode of the original series

did they do that?
    i read that they would but i cant find it anywhere?
    PLEASe HELP

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110911192500AA2bt3s

Here the link where i read it but why didnt they, criminal minds help out the suspect behaviour? we as FANS dererve more then this! Or the makers could interview and tell us what they planned for happening after it.

i hate this