Suspect Behavior Cancelled

NUMB3RSno1freak

[1]May 17, 2011
    • level: 6

According to a few sources I found through Google, CBS has cancelled Suspect Behaviorin favour ofrenewing CSI: New York.

One of the sources:http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2011/05/17/cbs-cancels-suspect-behavior-renews-csi-ny-the-cw-keeps-one-tree-hill-nikita-drops-hellcats-38114/9281/

I am so angry right now they're are just no words left... First FOX cancelsThe Chicago Code and ITV refuses to release Flashpointseason 2over here (after me buying the 1st season)then there'sthat finale of Hawaii Five-0 and to top it all off they go and cancels Suspect Behavior for CSI: NY. It's just all rather ridiculous!

Now don't get me wrong, I'm glad all the CSI: NY fans got another season, I was (at one point)one of those fans (Seasons 1-5). But Suspect Behavior was doing two times better in the ratings/viewers department than CSI: NY was. How does that even make sense for them, money-wise or ratings-wise? That should show that SB is and can be a successful show if it's got twice the viewers in it's first season thanCSI: NY has got in it's seventh season.

See what I'm talking about here:http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/09/spoilertv-cancellation-predicator-table.html

I just don't understand. If this is their final decision then I'm going to go right ahead and say they should have never aired SB this year. And my reason is that it was already starting off in the doghouse because a lot of fans of the original CM were angry over AJ Cook and Paget Brewster being fired. Thento pit it against a showwith the power ofCSI: NY then it was never going to get renewed in the first place, even if CSI: NY had bad ratings. I should have realised this before. I don't know why I bothered withany show this year - CM was all over the place and all my new shows were cancelled. Except Five-0 which is the only good thing that came out of this years TV.

So, anyone else going into a rage blackout over this? How angry are you? Sad to SB shut down before it even began?

Also if anyone is going to campaign using petitions or Facebook groups (etc.) then please let me know so I can join.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MattDwyer

[2]May 17, 2011
    • level: 8
    does that mean episode 13 will be the last?

kopeckee

[3]May 17, 2011
    • level: 20
    needed a better cast...

NUMB3RSno1freak

[4]May 17, 2011

MattDwyer wrote:
    does that mean episode 13 will be the last?
    Yep, looks like it. I am going to be emailing a lot of the CBS higher-archey to try and point out the mistake of cancelling this show and not giving it a second season chance. If you'd like to email, mail or phone to politely share your disappointment in this decision - let me know and I can give you the info or you could probably find it online. (That's what I did.) I already sent a complaint form back on the CBS website.

Edited on 05/17/2011 8:25pm

NUMB3RSno1freak

[5]May 17, 2011
    kopeckee wrote:
    needed a better cast...

In my opinion, I think the cast was just beginning to come together - learning to relax into their roles better. And the cast was different as well as the characters. I would like to see another season of the characters/cast to get a better opinion. I think it deserved it's second shot and would have done even better with a second season under it's belt.

BLacqWyng

[6]May 17, 2011
    • level: 12

To be frank, it does not surprise me. Though the story lines were up to par with the original CM, there was one BIG flaw, the cast. Especially the leading actors, Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo were a major letdown, considering their reputation or, if they portrayed their characters as designed by the producers and writers, then the latter two groups are "series-killers". In my case Whitaker's role in particular was becoming more and more a point of irritation. his 'character' in this show reminds me of a hyper ADD suffering child in a grownups body, the only thing cool about him is his bike and that's only because I ride a bike myself. I had hoped they would 'tone' his character down a bit. Yes, in one episode; he played it somewhat more mellow, even wore a suit for a change, but the episode thereafter it was back to his 'old tricks' and I watched the episode in three tries, turning it off twice, and not for any outside reason. Garofalo role was mediocre at best, IMO, and the other characters were not interesting enough to balance the team out. I understand this show still could be loved by many. I for one was struggling every new episode lately whether I should watch it at all. I'm sorry for those who loved the show and hope for you the network will listen to your petition and give the show another chance, I will not be watching it, unless they do a major tune-up in the "red team" department.

shadowysea07

[7]May 18, 2011
    • level: 25

sorry to say this but it was an unwanted spinoff with a crappy cast much like law n order la so its no surprise it went under. while i'm not happy csi is still around as they all suck now its no surprise they would keep around series staples for the network. its basically a we don't want this but we can't let you have it and make money off it situation.

sm0ke311

[8]May 22, 2011
    • level: 4

13 episodes and cancelled wtf cbs is stupid a lot good shows cbs cancelled latly F'¨å cbs

eaglehelang

[9]May 22, 2011
    • level: 2
    Numb3rs, it's not surprising actually. I'm a big CM fan, if by cancelling CM : SB some of the funds can be channelled for the original CM, then so be it. I would love to have 2 CM shows to watch, but if they cant make 2 good shows, I'll choose CM over SB anytime. Suspect Behaviour is just ok to me, it's missing the dynamics the orginal CM has. CM from the 1st episode, everything well crafted out. CSI: NY can stand on it's own, CM:SB after 12 episodes is still trying to find it's footing. The directors still dont seem to be sure abt the characterization of each member of the SB team.

IzzyDeadYet1st

[10]May 23, 2011
    • level: 3
    BLacqWyng wrote:

To be frank, it does not surprise me. Though the story lines were up to par with the original CM, there was one BIG flaw, the cast. Especially the leading actors, Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo were a major letdown, considering their reputation or, if they portrayed their characters as designed by the producers and writers, then the latter two groups are "series-killers". In my case Whitaker's role in particular was becoming more and more a point of irritation. his 'character' in this show reminds me of a hyper ADD suffering child in a grownups body.

You hit the nail on the head BW.

BarryWeen3

[11]May 26, 2011
    • level: 14

I liked having a second Criminal Minds team. I agree that Forrest Whittaker's character can be off-putting. I don't know how I feel about Beth. I liked the other three, they had interesting backgrounds. Maybe they can fold this team into the original but probably not. And hey, the finale ended on a cliffhanger.

A bit sad that it was cancelled, but I was more bummed when CBS cancelled CHAOS, that show was quirky and funny, wished it was given a chance.

ADragonsDream

[12]May 26, 2011
    • level: 7

I'm just thankful we have the original to resolve the cliffhanger for the canceled spin-off.

I was starting to enjoy CI:SB but the cast was its weakest point. Or perhaps I should say the characters. None stood out, none had interesting enough backstories. They were just a random group of cops doing the exact same thing the original team does. So why not just watch the originals? Spin offs like NCIS:LA and L&O:SVU work because they took the original show and varied the formula a bit. SB hasn't done that at all. The whole "red cell" thing and reporting to the director is mostly meaningless in terms of how it affects the show. All it would have taken would have been to say "this team focuses on kidnappings" or missing persons or crimes against children or some other specific criminal behavior, so the profilers could be a little more specialized and the show wouldn't just be CM part 2. A CM spin off should have been a sure thing, but the creators just fumbled it.

bbyboop1977

[13]May 26, 2011
    • level: 10
    I liked the show. I just didn't like the cast.

cocacarlos

[14]May 27, 2011
    • level: 1

i am happy if this goes and they replace this with something else, all the other actors could have developed thier characters but forest whitakers charactor had no chance, he would just continue to become and increasing irritation. he is a character actor, and would not change his style because thats all he knows. slowly working though his thought process like, and i quote "a child with ADD in a mans body" is all i have ever seen him do. its supposed to make what he says sound profound, but in the end its just annoying. add to that they have included the martial arts, painting, isolation and trying to paint him as this brooding, misunderstood torchered soul just made me want to slap him in the face and say, "sort it out, your an idiot, try something new".

Random862

[15]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 7
    I'm glad this series got axed! I didn't know there was a spin off until one day I saw a commercial for it and noticed that it was a few episodes into the series. I found episodes online and got caught up. But OMG! It dragged. I didn't like the characters, and felt they were very miscast, especially the lead guy! I'm not a Forrest W fan, but I found him to be exceptionally awful in the role.

I think I ended up watching 4 episodes before I just couldn't take it anymore and stopped all together.

Glornt

[16]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 12

As much as I like the original series, Garofalo was enough to keep me from watching this show, so I have to agree with those who said the casting killed it. Also, how many spin-offs, rip-offs, sequels, remakes and "reality" shows do we need to tell us that the great Hollywood machine has run out of gas? Seriously, one 3-minute weekly Annoying Orange YouTube episode provides more entertainment than most of what the networks are now putting out.