Criminal Minds

A Thin Line

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 22, 2012 on CBS

• And now for something completely different ...

5.5
    Well, if I have to say that I enjoyed the opening sequence until it started getting convoluted with the whole 'who shot who and why' thing. Like so many politicians, the politician in question had plenty to say and very quickly brought up the idea of black gangs etc. The story itself bordered on the very dull far too many times for my liking. I enjoy proper profiling and common sense conclusions. Once again, they were lacking. The writers need to do a lot more research and a lot more work to come up with good scripts. Of course there are racists everywhere and we all know it, but we don't need to have an entire episode dedicated to someone's personal feelings about blacks, immigrants etc. Even when told, the politician still didn't want to hear that his comments were unwelcome and unsatisfactory. He was lucky Morgan didn't knock him senseless when he told him how 'impressed' he was by his ability to get into the FBI. Morgan can be difficult, and he also has a hair trigger temper. Not a good combination. Using the unsub to commit crimes and help him to get elected as mayor is certainly indicative of his desire for power and control, which makes him very like an unsub himself, regardless of whether he is pulling the strings or actually doing something wrong or illegal himself.

Not a good episode my a long shot, in my opinion. I have seen much better, and hope to again.