Criminal Minds

All That Remains

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 06, 2013 on CBS

• Two girls go missing and the dad is missing a whole day.

This was a good episode where you didn't know what to expect The episode starts 2 years before present time where we see a happy family but it is far from that when the episode goes to present time when the father phones the police because his two daughters have gone missing like his wife a year before that and the strange part was he was missing a day Immediately everybody thinks he did it but when its revealed he has a double personality he doesn't even know what he was doing and JJ used his other personality to give them the location of the other daughter When the girl was found JJ got close to her which was a big mistake when she figured out the daughter has been playing everyone this whole time and has been using her dads condition to good use The daughter wasn't smart enough for Morgan when he tricked her into dropping the gun so that they could arrest her before she shot JJ.
  • Clever

The first thing i thought when I saw the familiyphoto from the promthing, was that the daughter was the killer, because she had this weird look on this face... But I really enjoyed watching this episode. And the personality of the father was very interesting to see.

And really good to se jennifers private side too.
  • something mising . . .

this episode has a lot going for it

like how they connected to JJ sister

like how the case took an unexpected turn

like how the case ended

like how the dad had dual personality's

but there is just something missing

not sere if it was that there thing that were missing that was apart of the case not get factor in when the darter was the onsup

like were did the father go in the car and how did he teach them a lesson.

but over all like it had a lot going for it :] look forwarder to the next ep
  • This episode was totally...

Of the stuff that made me a fan of CM, the night of the 2007 Superbowl, when I'd accidentally saw it for the first time because I was so busy raving online over Prince's Superbowl Half-time performance that I hadn't changed the channel and became hooked on the show that grabbed my attention, afterwards. This episode was unexpected and took me completely by surprise. That's very had to do now-a-days and it was done well. The entire cast was so on point with this story that it was a pleasure to watch. I haven't felt that way about CM in a while.

I do have to say though, it's a good thing that I was a fan of the show "Dharma and Greg" or I seriously wouldn't think that Thomas Gibson was capable of smiling. LOL!
  • Just about the best episode of the season.

This epiosde was very close to being the best episode of the season. Of course I am talking about the episodes with standard cases when I make that comparison.

The case was really great and it was so unpredictable! There were more twists and turns than usual whihc was really nice to see and overall I throughly enjoyed it!

Some great development into JJ's character with reference to something we haven't heard in a long time! A JJ-centered episode was long overdue!

My only disappointment is that in the three episodes since the New Year there has been no mention of that copycat king guy... I wanna know more!
  • Great writing, great execution!

Very interesting and clever plot. Very believable delivery of the whole cast, especially the father. It havent happened to me in a long time, but this time I was really intrigued more by the case than by the characters. The turn of events was unexpected (I was suspecting the father then the ex-lover of the wife then the father again, but not the girl, until she came home with JJ). I liked JJ in this episode very much scenes with the dauther and her flirty act with the John" personality of the father, well done! (Usually, I am not any particular fan of her, but this path is certainly good for Only she could have waited with the search of the basement untill the team came, but nevermind:-) Developing the psychology of the unsub and his surroundings, but also uncovering the causes and letting us feel the creapy logic of his actions, the team making mistakes - this is the way CM should generally go. All the episodes cannot be so emotional and only about the characters (those I enjoy too, but it should be rare a very well done). What I hate the most is this formula: vague and predictable case, no depth, no profiling, just epiphanical hunches + saving the latest victim at the last moment + picture from the lifes of the main character in return for the average case: showing some kid or emotional problem of one of the main character which is miraculously solved at the end of the episode (or in the next one) and everybody is happy. The scenes thom the teams lifes is a great addition but it should not be the only good thing about the episode. I prefer when the problems are not that easy to solve and that they dont just go away. I prefer showing that the reality of life includes problemes and that dealing with the problem doesn t equal dissapearing of the problem. The same with the profiling more struggling and mistakes of the teams inferences, and more variety of opinions among the team members, please! Or some unfinished cases? I liked that Reid was in the background this time (even though he is my far most favourite character), so we dont know how or whether he is coping. He maybe looked too ok, but God knows, it could be some good working antidepressant medication.
  • The writers can still surprise us!

This was one of the best episodes of the show. They really wanted us to think that it was the father. And with his alcohol problem, blackouts and alter ego it wasn't hard to see him as the bad guy.

So what a twist it was when it turned out the daughter did it all. I think most us realized the daughter Sarah was bad when she and JJ had just entered the house. And then I kept thinking of her poor father; he's been a suspect for a murders he had never done and everyone thought he was the bad guy.

I so love how JJ switched from talking to the team to talking to her "family" during her phone call. And how cool and composed she was, yet stern when she had a gun pointed at her. JJ is a fighter!

Let's hope the next episode is just as good as this one!
  • Best episode in a long time

We've actually been considering giving up this show because it's been getting steadily more graphic. This episode was more like earlier ones, more a "thinking" episode, and we really enjoyed it. Love the characters and hope we see more episodes like this one!

• All That Remains is an Unexpected Ending!

Ken Olin was excellent in this episode. He's been in TV for a very long time. I remember him back in thirtysomething and he's completely transformed since then. Thomas Gibson did a great job directing as well. I highly recommend this one.
  • nice and twisty

(Gonna start off w/DexterMorgan2 WHY did your review tell the entire plot? That's not a review that's a summary ... And . It's THEIR dad)

Great episode as at no time did I even guess the that is something.

No dead children so even better.
X