Criminal Minds

Ashes and Dust

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 21, 2007 on CBS

• Finally Hotchs past starts to be revealed in a brilliant episode.

Finally a Hotch centric episode! And what a good one it was. We found out so much about Hotch without him dominating the episode. There was still plenty of time for a strong storyline to be developing.

Being burnt alive has to be many peoples biggest fear, some victims are lucky in that smoke will get them first but this episode shows just how unlucky you can get. Imagine just walking down the street minding your own business and someone throws a petrol bomb at you?! He didn't do anything wrong, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, any of us could find ourselves in that position.

It was good to see Reid back to his normal self. A bit geeky and with some of his genius best on display. I hope this signals an end to the Reid storyline.

I've always liked the interaction between Hotch and Gideon. Gideon is the only one Hotch will open up to, and Gideon knew exactly how to get Hotch to use his personal experiences to help with the case.

It was a shame that Evan Abby had to make the ultimate sacrifice, but then he was dying and he got the chance to undo some of the mistakes from his past. He could die with a clearer concious.

All in all a brillaint epsiode!
X