Criminal Minds

Blood Hungry

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Dec 14, 2005 on CBS

• Gideon has to stay in Seattle, because he's on crutches, while the rest of the team has to find a murderer who eviscerates his victims.

The casefile in this episode was very shocking and cruel. I'm glad that for once we didn't get as much to see of the victims as it seems to be common these days.

I rated this episode with an 8.5, but that might be a bit too flattering for it. Still I enjoyed it, although I couldn't quite make head or tails of it. In the other episodes we generally could see some character development, but in this episode - nada. The writers built up on the information we already had about the characters and concentrated on the casefile - which was well-done, but the few moments of new character interaction wasn't enough in my eyes.

Still, there were several well-done things I want to point out. First, the interaction between Gideon and Garcia was hilarious. The poor girl must've suffered greatly. Second, the casefile wasn't as predictable as some of the other episodes had been.

All in all: a solid episode, but not one of the highlights.
Lockdown