Criminal Minds

Cold Comfort

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 11, 2009 on CBS

• A young man mourns the loss of a loved one in a very unconvential manner...

I enjoyed this episode. It was good to have CM back, and I am glad there will be no more breaks for at least the coming two episodes.

The case was actually quite interesting and very sick. I was actually more freaked by the Ivan *weird surname* guy than I was by the actual unsub... Some of the things Ivan said just creeped me out.

Also, I was glad with the mention of Holland, no matter how small! :)

Nevertheless, I enjoyed the team's dynamics even more. I didn't particularly like Rossi's attitude... the mother obviously needed to believe her daughter was still alive, and I felt Rossi was plain hostile to her. Aren't profilers supposed to be good with emotions?
    Another thing I noticed: they said early on that the unsub could have lost a loved one, and then the detective asks "Like a girlfriend?" and Hotch says: "or a wife, or a mother."
    They knew about the necrophiliac (?) part at this point. Would anyone, no matter how twisted, actually have sex with a replica of his own mother? That's... I don't know, it seems quite impossible.
    As for the rest of the episode... Again, am I the only one to notice they always pair Hotch and Emily? (The horoscope part was hilarious, by the way!)
    Surprisingly I didn't feel very much sympathy towards JJ. Maybe because she hasn't been a big part of the show for a while, but while I enjoyed her presence, I felt like something was missing...