A Criminal Minds Community
Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBS (Returning October 3, 2018)

The Criminal Minds team recently headed to Los Angeles in the episode ‘A Badge and a Gun’ tracking down a killer of women. They quickly discover the unsub is posing as an FBI agent and set a dangerous trap to catch him.

Actor Andy T. Tran guested starred as Detective Bob Oliver in the episode and I recently caught up with him to find out more about working on the show.

Q: What can you tell us about your appearance on CBS’s Criminal Minds?

ANDY: After years of serving in Los Angeles, I finally made detective - on TV, that is. My character, Det. Bob Oliver, gets pulled into the BAU team’s investigation assisting the profiling squad with tracking down their latest unsub target.

Q: How was it working on such a popular show?

ANDY: I was humbled by the stellar team behind Criminal Minds. Every person from production to crew, from casting to cast, was not only professionally the best of the best, but incredibly welcoming and generous. For the small time I was there, I felt nothing but big love!

Q: Anything surprise you about the show or your fellow cast mates?

ANDY: Detective Bob Oliver isn’t just a fictional television character. He’s a real deal detective and longtime friends with my new friend, writer/producer, Jim Clemente. There's no more exciting honor than to portray this accomplished man on one of the best shows on TV.

On one of our work days, lunch was serving and the most nostalgic aroma crept through my trailer, down my nose, and made my stomach cry out,”Phở..." They catered Phở! Being of Vietnamese heritage, it makes me giddy inside that one of my culture's staple dishes has become such a hit. We made it!

Q: Any chance your character might be back again?

ANDY: One of the most trying and yet beautiful aspects of being an actor: not knowing. We can only hope that the opposite of Murphy’s Law takes effect - "Anything that can go wrong right, will go wrong right.” Fingers crossed!

Q: What’s the biggest lesson you took away from the opportunity?

ANDY: When you’re acting from material written/produced by Jim Clemente, being directed by Rob Bailey, and working with the best of the best cast and crew in the biz, you’re constantly reminded of how lucky you are and much you love your job: Too much.

Q: What else is coming up for you in the near future?

ANDY: It’ll be my first time traveling in Europe this summer - just me sandwiched between a backpack behind me and new discoveries in front of me. Let’s see what friends I make along the way.

Want to keep up with Andy T. Tran?
Follow him on Twitter:
@andyttran108
and Instagram:
@andyttran108
0 Comments
Comments
Submit
There are no comments yet. Be the first by writing down your thoughts above.
Follow this Show
Members