Criminal Minds

Divining Rod

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 02, 2012 on CBS

• Three seriously disturbed individuals.

This one was very predictable, but not so bad overall. I expected the copycat. 'CM' has given us quite a few of those when the original killer has met their end. I would have liked a little more background on the original killer, though, before we launched into thwe deeds of the new unsub,

I felt the team was a bit lacklustre and there wasn't much at all in the way of profiling, but they did manage to reach the right conclusions, even though it was interesting to see the way some of them were reached. There weren't really any stand out moments and most of the acting was so so, but I did like the scene with Helen at the end starting off her obsession and being a serial killer groupie all over again. This lead me to wonder how much she knew about the original killings perpetrated by her husband - probably quite a bit.. Nioce bit of realism with Emily being scared of being a property owner. Not a bad address to have, either!
  • Amazing again!

Well ever since the travesty that was Episode 14, Criminal Minds hasn't put a a foot out of line. It's just been amazing episode after amazing episode. I won't deny that this one is the worst episode since Episode 14, but it was still incredible!

The case was phenomenal, and the execution scene at the beginning reminded me of 'Riding the Lightning' for some reason. Absolutely amazing one for sure!

The car chase scene was extremely well done, with rather unexpected results! I was really impressed yb that! Creativity was definitely not missing, that's for sure!

Prentiss was hilarious at the beginning and end, just like she was with JJ at the interrogation in the previous episode! Great stuff!

All up, I really liked this one! The last few scenes and the ending were rather anticlimactic, but for the most part, this episode was very good! Keep it up, CM, and I hope this haigh standard is manitained!!! :)
  • My Hometown

Enid, Oklahoma is where I was born and raised. It was mentioned in There's No Place Like Home, earlier in the season. The police cars had the proper "decals" on them. Van Buren is actually one of the main streets in the city, but the others were fictional. Great Episode.