Criminal Minds

Dorado Falls

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 05, 2011 on CBS

• I love it when something comes back from the near-dead, and in this episode, "Criminal Minds" certainly did that.

First of all, kudos to the writer for giving us some vintage "CM" to watch. It was so great to see everything falling into place the way it did in the 'old days' of Seasons 1-4. Emily being cornered by Morgan and told about her re-certification was correct, necessary and great to see that the writer remembered something like this.

The part that really did my heart good was to see proper profiling and a proper presentation with everyone seated around the table asking appropriate questions. What was also excellent was the crime scene at the office building when the team viewed all the evidence and began profiling the crime and the unsub accurately, using proper procedures instead of jumping to conclusions. I was also delighted to see the joint press conference and Reid's "Dr. Who" reference was exactly what he WOULD sat and that was very refreshing.

It was wonderful also to see murders which left out tons of overkill, given that we all have enough imagination to see it all without having everything pushed in our faces. Reid coming up with the answer to the unsub's condition was typical and Garcia teasing Morgan while also doing what she does best was refreshing to see.

A terrific episode. Let us have lots more like this and again, thank you to the writer and director for great work.