Criminal Minds

Elephant's Memory

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 16, 2008 on CBS

• SSA Spencer Reid. Finally.

To start I appreciate the fact that Reid's drug problem hasn't been forgotten or swept under the rug. He's aware and trying to address it. Michael Ironside was a nice addition, he's always been a favorite of mine.

What I loved about this episode was it was Reid focused and oriented but not overly done. His profiling of Owen as well as relating to him, he possibly afraid that he could be Owen based on his family history and background. Reid seemed to want to explain or even defend him. It was obvious Reid has been in Owen's shoes. It seems that it's forgotten sometimes that as smart as Reid is, he is still very young to do the work that he does.

The scene with Reid and Derek was pretty insightful. Derek explaining to Reid that he wasn't alone and that everyone takes away things from their past both good and bad. But he also reminded him that he wasn't alone.

One of the things that I really appreciated was the showing of the two different sides of Owen. You have the murderer and you have the protector. They are one in the same but totally different. The script brings to light a very real problem that teenagers deal with every day.

The final scene with Owen and Reid was incredible. The scene with Reid and Hodges on the plane was great. I loved that Hodges addressed the issue as his boss but also offered some understanding as a friend. I also loved the peak that he knew exactly what "movie" Reid was seeing, shows you he's aware and concerned.
CBS