Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Addition of New Cast Member For Season 8

Are you happy with the decision to add a new member to the BAU team?

foghorn_clj87

[1]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 6

The announcement of Jeanne Triplehorn joining the cast in Season 8 as a profileris dividing CM fans.

I for one think it's a huge mistake and that it's just the network trying to pull a "Sela-Ward-CSI-NY" on CM to try and boost ratings. I think with all the upheaval with the cast over the last few years that they should've spent at least a good majority of Season 8 re-establishing the team dynamic and exploring our main characters further (particularly Reid since it felt like he'd been largely overlooked in Season 7). Honestly, as much as I love CM and have been a fan since thevery beginning I'm questioning whether or not I want to watch Season 8.

I'd like to hear from other fans about their opinion about the new addition to the cast...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

nutmeg0963

[2]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 2

I'll do my best to give her a shot, but my gut feeling is that the whole thing screams "bad juju!" for what I was hoping would be a chance for old cast members to re-establish team dynamic and, in particular, a chance to boost Reid up from the often overlooked backseat they strapped him into last year.

alj69

[3]Jun 15, 2012
    • level: 3

My first thought on this new casting is what about REID??? I was hoping that they wouldn't replace Paget so quickly and allow the other characters more input. I was hoping that maybe TPTB would at least listen to the fans especially after the debacle of season 6. I personally don't feel that they need another profiler now that JJ is one. Every single fan forum I have looked at all say the same............. NO NEW PROFILER AND GIVE REID MORE TO DO AND TO GET HIM BACK IN CHARACTER FROM THE EARLIER SEASONS. Obviously TPTB don't care about the viewers enough (by TPTB I also mean the networks). I am willing to give this new profiler a go, so I won't make judgement till then but I think she is going to be in for a rough time especially if Reid keeps on being in the background (that's assuming MGG returns....which I really hope he does but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't), to allow for her character.

COME ON THE POWERS THAT BE: TREAT REID RIGHT!!!!!!!!

I originally put this on the question and answer thread

Alydarbaby

[4]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 6

I think it will be fine. They need to keep the balance and I think she is a strong actress that is different from what we have seen before.

DebbieMortimer

[5]Aug 25, 2012
    • level: 1

Yes I agree they should have waited a season even a half a season before bringing a new member aboard let us get use to Prentice being gone then introduce us to a new character but I will still watch it because I enjoy all the other cast members

evilcleo

[6]Aug 28, 2012
    • level: 2

What I would have liked to see is a couple possible replacements. They could have took a couple possiblities and put them on a case with the team every week so we can see how they interact with the regular characters and how they helped solve the case. At least for the first episodes of the season.

On another note, Inoticed the new member is a brunette. When one team member leaves, you have to employ another with a similar hair color? Just like how theyreplaced JJ, a blonde,with a blonde?

hakone1

[7]Sep 2, 2012
    • level: 17

I think it will be fine. Fortunately, this time we get a totally new agent with her own skills, not another golden-child-not-even-an-agent-yet that is a carbon copy of one of the main characters.

Lady_Lancaster

[8]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 41

I don't have any problem with this, I think Jeanne will be fine when she joins the cast. She is well known and a capable actress and every show needs that.

mysteriousopal

[9]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 29
    I think the addition of Jeanne Tripplehorn to the cast will be ultimately fine. Sure, they could have waited a little bit after Paget leaving the show but the character of Alex Blake seems a nice addition to the team. I'm cautiosly optimistic about her joining the BAU. I just hope the writers make her integration a slow process and don't try shoving her down our throats as a replacement for Emily.

layle1

[10]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please continue your discussion of Tripplehorn in the new thread. Thanks.