Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Alex Blake / Jeanne Tripplehorn

layle1

[1]Oct 13, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please use this thread to discuss the character and actor as related to her work on the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

poulters

[2]Oct 18, 2012
    • level: 18

Not sure if good fit, has hard exterior and is always trying to take over the conversation. She talks down to everyone like shes better than them.

evilcleo

[3]Oct 20, 2012
    • level: 2

Frankly, she needs to show emotion. I appreciate her staying calm and composed with a case but when she's talking to the others in between those times, a little smile, smirk, something would go a long way. There's times I wonder if she even blinks. Even Hotch ends up smiling or smirking or raising his eyebrows whenever one of the team says something funny or plays tricks with each other.

Dec1964

[4]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 34

I think Jeanne Tripplehorn makes a fine addittion to the cast.

luv4pits

[5]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 5

I have mixed feelings about Jeanne Tripplehorn. On one hand I admire her acting, and appreciate that she should be a great addition to Criminal Mind. On the other hand, she's simply not Paget Brewster. But, that's probably my "thing". When Paget first came to the show she had to grow on me because she wasn't Lola Glaudini. I'll give it time and see how it plays out.

Moniquedee

[6]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 10
    I think I'm still feeling her out.... Yeah I loved Paget Brewster as Prentiss and yes she is not Prentiss. But, I think she will work her way into the team and we will eventually like her. I'm definitely giving her a chance, it just takes some getting used......

Dec1964

[7]Nov 21, 2012
    • level: 34

The last couple of episode's Jeanne Tripplehorn has improved her character on

"Criminal Minds"

tonyandzivafan

[8]May 25, 2013
    • level: 41
    Even though there has been time to get used to her I still have mixed feelings. If she left I think Reid's character would miss her more. I don't hate her or wish her to be killed. And I agree she needs to smile, etc. as evilcleo said.

And though she isn't IAB or in a position that we are not supposed to like her, the writers need to give her an episode where we see her more human. Perfect example of how something simple can change a person's view is When Strauss told Hotch if he needs anything (after loosing his ex-wife) to let her know.

Hopefully, in the coming season we will get to see a human side of her.

RogerJolly

[9]Dec 11, 2013
    • level: 11

Apparently Alex Blake had some history with Erin Strauss. She'd be a better fit in that role and they could bring back Paget Brewster/Emily Prentiss or someone else who would add to the dynamic of the team. Actually Alex Blake has put a wet blanket over the entire team and the episodes are rather boring because of this.