Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Criminal Minds guest stars.

BAUCTU

[1]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 14
    We've had so many brilliant guest stars that I figured we should have somewhere to discuss them!

We've got the great recurring stars such as the Hotchners. It's nice to have that bit of personal life without it being too over the top. I think CM hsve got the balance just about right.

My favourite guest star so far has been Frank (No Way Out)He was such a complex character and of course the one that got away (for now!).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sylvi_01

[2]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 3
    We have had some very intersting characters come through the show. I as well loved Frank, he and Gideon's mind games with each other and uncertainty with each other was very interesting. I also liked the character of Tobias, it was nice to see that actor (who's name is at a loss for me at the moment) do such a deep and twisted role.

Finnegan77

[3]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 27
    James Van Der Beek as Tobias was great, I agree. In the same episode, I loved Bill Smitrovitch as Det. Farraday - he's a fantastic actor, and was perfect in that role. He had one of the best lines in the ep, when Morgan finds something in the journals and says, "Something weird here," Det. Farraday's response was, "You think?"

Another absolute favorite was Chris Bauer in "Derailed" as Ted the psychopathic hostage taker. His performance in that demanding role was spot-on.

sylvi_01

[4]Mar 30, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:

Another absolute favorite was Chris Bauer in "Derailed" as Ted the psychopathic hostage taker. His performance in that demanding role was spot-on.

Yah I actually just watched that episode, he was amazing, my favourite moments was when he was on the phone and explaining he was tired. Fantastic job I thought.

BAUCTU

[5]Mar 30, 2007
    sylvi_01 wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:

Yah I actually just watched that episode, he was amazing, my favourite moments was when he was on the phone and explaining he was tired. Fantastic job I thought.

Definitly. He was brilliant in that episode, the facial ticks seemed to be very realistic.

phf3947

[6]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 71
    I was so happy when I saw Bill Smitrovitch had been cast in the two-parter. I've been a fan of his since forever (he and I have something in common). Add Anthony Ruivivar in Ashes and Dust, Keith Carradine, Jane Lynch as Mrs. Reid, and a personal favorite, Jason O'Mara as the Mill Creek Killer.
    Edited on 03/30/2007 2:19pm

BAUCTU

[7]Mar 30, 2007
    So far I haven't actually known any of the guest stars from their previous work. Anthony Ruivivar was very good, it was one of the strongest guest Police type role. He certainly knew what he was talking about.

As much as I like Mrs Reid, I hope she doesn't appear again any time soon.

ried_lover26

[8]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 6

there's gonna be a Mrs. Prentiss this next episode....

BAUCTU

[9]Mar 30, 2007
    I'm looking forward to finding out what Ambassador Prentiss is like. It doesn't sound like she's the most loving of people. From the conversation Emily and Hotch had it sounds like she's probably a pretty tough lady.

phf3947

[11]Mar 30, 2007
    ried_lover26 wrote:

Excellent actor! Kate Jackson. The list just keeps growing

(EDIT: anyone having fun posting with the current problems?)

BAUCTU

[12]Mar 30, 2007
    phf3947 wrote:
    ried_lover26 wrote:

Excellent actor! Kate Jackson. The list just keeps growing

(EDIT: anyone having fun posting with the current problems?)

When I first saw a link about her having been cast, she only looked in her 40s in the picture! She's aged very well.

WYSIWYG is having problems, earlier I could only post if I turned it off and used normal reply and now I can only use quick reply!

Finnegan77

[13]Mar 30, 2007
    Aha! Quick reply! You are a genius, BAUCTU - for many reasons, of course. Kate Jackson as Ambassador Prentiss - another reason to look forward to April 11. Let's not forget Anton Yelchin as the creepifying serial-killer-to-be in S,B,D.

ried_lover26

[14]Mar 30, 2007
    • level: 6

phf3947 wrote:
    ried_lover26 wrote:
    Excellent actor! Kate Jackson. The list just keeps growing (EDIT: anyone having fun posting with the current problems?)

yeah she is an excellent actor

(EDIT: Yeah i had tons of fun posting with the current problems )

BAUCTU

[15]Mar 30, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    Aha! Quick reply! You are a genius, BAUCTU - for many reasons, of course. Kate Jackson as Ambassador Prentiss - another reason to look forward to April 11. Let's not forget Anton Yelchin as the creepifying serial-killer-to-be in S,B,D.

As they say, it takes one to know one!

Now he was seriously good, he portrayed a depth of emotions far outside of the reach of his age.

phf3947

[16]Mar 30, 2007
    Just thought of another great one. Anthony Azizi in Lessons Learned. Blew us all away or what!

BAUCTU

[17]Mar 30, 2007
    phf3947 wrote:
    Just thought of another great one. Anthony Azizi in Lessons Learned. Blew us all away or what!

Definetly! It was a match of the heavyweights, Patinkin v. Azizi. He really brought out the best in Mandy but wasn't overshadowed, the acting in that episode was amazing.

Finnegan77

[18]Mar 30, 2007
    Azizi was also brilliant - and scary. While we're on the topic of "baddies", I thought Tim Kelleher did a great job as Gideon's nemesis from Season 1 - Adrian Bale.

sylvi_01

[19]Mar 30, 2007
    I think when I break it down I have enjoyed the acting of nearly all the guest stars, and a special thanks goes to those who select the actors.  Credit goes to the writing staff for creating such complexity and depth for these one time roles, then props to those who select the actors, they fit quite well, and finally thanks to the actors themselves.  It must be difficult to develop your character in such a short time span, but I continually see it effectively done on CM.  I have enjoyed the diversity as well, some of them I hate because of what they do, others I sympathize with ie Derailed and Jones, and others I just love to watch for how evil they are, Bale when he chooses the wrong wire or even Frank for his sick genious.

BAUCTU

[20]Mar 30, 2007
    Off the top of my head I can only think of one cast character I didn't really like and that was the cop in Profiler Profiled. We have been incredibly lucky in the stars we have had, and we should indeed thank the casting department!