Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Dr. Spencer Reid / Matthew Gray Gubler

luvspence

[201]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 4
    I really liked the hair too. very sexy
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

wolfpup_56

[202]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'm beginning to think that MGG can pull off sexy with any style...

Reid_luver

[203]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 10

I agree with you there.

Did you notice how skinny he was? I mean, we all know he is, but in tonights ep there was point where he described the unsub and he was against a pure white background. Usually he's against a darker background, and because he wears dark clothes, his slim figure is hard to notice all the time.

I just feel so bad for him, because he's really being defensive. I felt really bad for Emily for what he said to her, and hope that they get this problem thing over and done with, because I miss the fun Reid who always comes up with the funny random things to talk about. Tonight he just cut off with Garcia on the phone and shot Emily down.

Here's my theory. In his confused state, he took what Morgan said to heart. He is devoting himself to his work so much that he is forgetting to take time out and be a member of their team family. He is distancing himself away from everyone and soley focusing on his work. I'm sure the team notices it, but with the craziness of the assingment his problem got pushed to the back of their heads. We'll see improvement in this area when they aren't being so busy with a case. When would this happen???

mzrenegade454

[204]Feb 21, 2007
    yeah he sure is cute but damn I don't like to see him being such a jerk!

A1707

[205]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 1
    REID! What are you doing!?!? I just can't believe he was so tense on tonight's episode, and he was pretty harsh with poor Prentiss!! Personally I think the scared, sad Reid we saw in "fear and loathing" was much more in character than the angry, rude version we got tonight! I just really want our old Reid back!

SpencerREid

[206]Feb 21, 2007
    • level: 8

I think the reason why he acted so out of character is because he is taking the drugs....he is aggressive, defensive, nervous. I was hoping that Reid would resist the drugs...but I guess from his reaction that he must be using. That is sad.....I wonder when the team will realize that there is something wrong with him. And help him out.

I don't want this storyline to be dragged for too long. I also want to see the old Reid back.

Edited on 02/21/2007 10:51pm

BAUCTU

[207]Feb 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    He has to be taking the drugs, the change in character is too much for him not to be!

smartchick

[208]Feb 22, 2007

I haven't seen the episode yet because I had an organic test to study for (had my parents record the show), but judging by everybody's comments, what happened was more or less what I had expected. It looks like those who said Reid had been resisting the drugs in "Fear and Loathing" were right. Personally, I suspected he had been only using them off the job at that point, but the above-mentioned behavior changes throughout "Distress" indicate otherwise. Let's face it. Among many horrible things, drug addiction is dramatic, heart-breaking, etc...bottom line: it's not pretty. Characteristically, drugs perform a 180 degree spin on someone's personality, so Reid's behavior should've been, indeed, what was exhibited last night. He's not normally, rude, paranoid, late, defensive, yada yada yada...so wouldn't drugs bring about such characteristics?

That said, it's not that I enjoy the prospect of watching sweet, quiet Reid morph into a "monster" of sorts around the team. It's that, given the effects of Dilaudin, that is precisely what will happen until he's confronted. Frankly, so far the writers are keeping the Dilaudin addiction close to reality, and I praise them for doing so. Good grief, now I really, really can't wait to go home and camp out in front of my TV!

New hair? That has spiked my curiosity. Oh well. A couple of you said it was really sexy, so I'm assuming that gives me something to look foward to. And if he does look skinnier (which I'll soon get to judge for myself), then that also coincides with a Dilaudid addiction since one of the symptoms is anorexia.

Gideon's line, "We have to find a way to pull him out of this without hurting him," got cut? Say it ain't so!

Mystic_01, I must say that while I'm thrilled you informed us all about that TV Guide article, the article's contents have somewhat burst my "hope" bubble. (raising an eyebrow) I wonder what we are to expect? Whatever it is, I suspect half of us will be ready to cry and the other half (like me) will be ready to punch something. Well, as long as he doesn't shoot Ethan (and you should all know what I am referring to), then I guess we're good, right?

(snort) I sure did have quite a few comments for somebody that, as of yet, really has no idea what she is talking about.

CalgaryGirl2007

[209]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    He must be taking them, but I think it's intresting to see what they have planned for him. I must say I to miss the old Reid. I do hope this drug thing comes to an end soon.

SpencerREid

[210]Feb 23, 2007

I agree with Calgarygirl....I want the old Reid I love so much back....so the sooner this addiction storyline gets resolved the better.

Reid is a popular character and I'm sure the writers can come out with other ideas to give him valuable air-time.

flowerxchild

[211]Feb 25, 2007
    I want it to get resolved also, but with such a delicate storyline that could cause damage if not handled properly it really needs time. But it will probably be resolved this season.

hot4matt

[212]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 5
    Did anybody else read the TV Guild interveiw with Matthew?  I thought it was pretty cool.  I loved that he said it's killing him to make Reid a bad guy, and he thanks that everyone hates him (Reid) know.  I don't hate Reid, infact, as crazy as it sounds, I think I love him more!

sylvi_01

[213]Feb 26, 2007

LOL. You're not alone in that opinion.  It just makes me love his character even more, it humanizes him and I love that.  It adds a depth to his character and helps the character to mature on a different level than we have already witnessed.  I am really looking forward to the climax of this whole thing.  Something had to happen in Jones, it would be unrealistic for none of the behaviouralists not to say something to either him or each other.

SpencerREid

[214]Feb 26, 2007

I also love Reid even more....if that is even possible since I'm such a big fan of the character. I know he is acting defensive and aggressive because of the drugs so I don't blame HIM. He is going through a very difficult time and things are getting out of control. At this moment he is unable to deal with his problem in a rational way so he has turned to the drugs (which he was probably already chemically addicted in the first place) to deal with his emotional pain.

I am surprised that the members of the team have't yet realized that there is something terribly wrong with Reid....and that his change in behavior is not just the result of his traumatic experience. I hope that we see more of the team's reaction in "Jones". The last thing they would guess is that smart logical Reid is on drugs. But the signs are there. It shouldn't take long for them to figure it out. I hope. Reid needs their help, care and support.

Reid_lover2010

[215]Feb 26, 2007
    after everything that Reid has been though I LOVE him more and more and more with every episode that comes one the only reason that I watch it is because I get it see the best smartest nerd ever!!!!! and he has been my fav ever since the 1st episode.

if Matthew thinks that I would trun on Reid then his is crazy!! Ried is the best charter ever!!!!

madis0n

[216]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 2

I don't know if I like this "new" Reid, but it definitely gives his character depth.  Although, I do like the desheveled look ~ the hair is definitely sexy.  I hope the rest of the team notices that Reid is living in his own private hell soon before he self-destructs.  That will not be a pretty sight.  He's my favorite character too from the beginning!  I hope the team does a little more than exchange some eyebrow raising looks about his behavior in Jones.  For a bunch of profilers, they sure aren't doing a good job on profiling one of their own. 

On a separate note:  Do the Canadians get to see it a day ahead of us Americans this week??  I hope so, I look forward to the spoilers. 

sylvi_01

[217]Feb 26, 2007

It's on CTV on Thursday, I get it at 9pm but I have no idea what time you can catch it. I personally though am still mad about them not playing Distress especially since the consensus seems to be that it was an amazing episode.  But still anytime I get to watch CM makes me happy, so I guess I can wait 3 more days, lol.

Reid_lover2010

[218]Feb 26, 2007
    Reid is very smart he could hide this I mean Reid is the LAST person EVER for people to think is using drugs (I mean the pope would could be using before him lol) and most likely the team would just think that Reid is going tough a lot and think about a lot of things but never drugs. and anyway I don't think he's he's useing YET I mean it seems that he is just going though withdarwl

scooterstarr

[219]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 12
    Even if the team thinks that he's messed up because of the his torturous experience, and have no idea that anything drug-related is going on, they should still do something.

danceprincess14

[220]Feb 26, 2007
    I love Reid more too. I've loved him from the start and he is amazing. MGG is crazy to think that we will all hate Reid because belive it or not, none of this is his fault. In fact, It's pretty much the worst thing that can happen to someone. It seems it should be completely in his control but it's not and that's so hard to watch and understand. It's acctually amazing he hasn't completly lost it yet.

I can't lie, I'm really worried about this week. I'm afraid of whats going to happen with this rival comming into play it might just be too much for him. I just hope he doesn't do anything....stupid.

I just keep thinking he's going to end up in a fight with his Rival and I keep thinking that it could end up bad and I don't want that. Things for him don't need to get any worst.