Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Dr. Spencer Reid / Matthew Gray Gubler

Minxsmommy

[61]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 7

SilentLight101 wrote:
    I think the writers of the show are trying to destroy me. I fell in love with Criminal Minds because my dream job is profiling...when it started I didn't even know who Gubler was. It really makes me sad that Dr. Spencer Reid is not a real guy because he is what I would consider my "dream guy" and it breaks my little heart. There is something absolutely amazing about a genius in Chuck Taylors...and I think his glasses are fantastic. It is a shame that guys like Reid aren't just walking around on the street...congratulations Gubler you rock as Reid...and don't lose the glasses (they are sexy). 

Ewww.  If you ask me, the glasses look like something Dame Edna would wear.  But I do like Reid and especially the friendship between him and Morgan.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SpencerREid

[62]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 8

One thing I've noticed is Reid has gret interaction with all the characters.

Gideon- as a mentor father figure

Hotch- Protective boss. Worries about everyone on the team, especially Reid

Morgan- Frienship with Reid. Like a big brother teases Reid all the time. I like the humor. Very protective of Reid

JJ- Good friends with Reid

Garcia- I love the new frienship between the two. Reid confides in her.

Emily- She is still new...but I wonder where she fits in????? She doesn't interact much with any of the characters really.

Reid is the youngest...and the most vulnerable...maybe that is why all the team members are so protective of him. It works for me.

lilmissheaven

[63]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    I absolutely adore the character. I love his sometimes tactless approach to everything. At the begining of the season I was saddened to see that he was more... grown up (im not sure if thats the right way to say it..) but he was different. more introverted if that is possible... But thankfully the last couple episodes he's been more juvinile (i.e. his "physics magic")more the way a soon-too-grown-up-genius would act. Also as SpencerREid mentioned above he has a unique and wonderful relationship with all of the others on the show.

..and for the record as dorky as the glasses are I love them. They totally suit Reid as well as Matthew Gray Gubler (heehee I love saying his whole name its fun!) MGG is such an entertaining man during interviews ... There was interview on CTV (canadian station) where during the interview with him and Kirsten he got his fingers stuck in his coffee cup (that man LOVES his coffee) and couldnt get them out!!!! It was SO funny to watch him try to nonchalantly get them unstuck... (MGG fans don't worry they didn't have to amputate... a host of CTV brought some liquid soap and he was freed!)
    ..wow now THAT was one hell of a tangent... but uh yeah... what was I saying???... ..GO REID! heehee...

CrazyLady9

[64]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 6

I remember that.  It was the second interview from this page:

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/show/CTVShows/20050929/CriminalMinds-default/20061221/

JPPT1974

[65]Dec 30, 2006
    • level: 50
    SpencerREid wrote:

One thing I've noticed is Reid has gret interaction with all the characters.

Gideon- as a mentor father figure

Hotch- Protective boss. Worries about everyone on the team, especially Reid

Morgan- Frienship with Reid. Like a big brother teases Reid all the time. I like the humor. Very protective of Reid

JJ- Good friends with Reid

Garcia- I love the new frienship between the two. Reid confides in her.

Emily- She is still new...but I wonder where she fits in????? She doesn't interact much with any of the characters really.

Reid is the youngest...and the most vulnerable...maybe that is why all the team members are so protective of him. It works for me.

Good way of putting it my friend! Thinking the same thing too!

BAUCTU

[66]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 14

MGG should be on a comedy show!

http://www.bankruptpictures.tv/Commercials.htm

insaneclarinet

[67]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 12
    But if he was on a comedy show he couldn't be on Criminal Minds!

TrixieBelden

[68]Jan 27, 2007
    • level: 20
    Here is an interesting photo of Matthew with the guest star in the Revelations episode - Remy Thorne - who plays Reid as a child.

BAUCTU

[69]Jan 27, 2007
    TrixieBelden wrote:
    Here is an interesting photo of Matthew with the guest star in the Revelations episode - Remy Thorne - who plays Reid as a child.

Thanks for that. It's a very good likeness!

JPPT1974

[70]Jan 28, 2007
    • level: 50
    He is my favorite character in the show! Love Dr Reid! You gotta love him!

kirke_novak

[71]Feb 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    In rerlation to the last episode (The Big Game): Don't worry about Reid, girls and boys! People often treat him like a baby or a dumb genius (he can tell you how many how far is the nearest Galaxy but he won't tie his own shoes, he's a bit like Reed Richards [and don't think I didn't notice the similar names!]) that needs to be mother. Heck, every time I see him, I want to cook him diner and tuck to bed.
    Let's not forget, he is a skilled FBI agent and they don't just let anyone to be on BAU. He's a big boy, if there's anyone out there that knows how to handle such situation, it's Reid.

cbsfan

[72]Feb 7, 2007
    • level: 4

I like Reid too and if they're fixin' to write him out of the show like they did Elle, I'm going to definitely stop watching "Criminal Minds."

What worries me is the BAU is acting stupid again.  Okay so they are watching this video clip on the internet and the police officer recognizes the dogs.  So far so good.  Then JJ and Reid go out to the property where the police officer says the owner of the dogs lives. 

Now, what bugs me is why the heck would even a person of average intelligence take off with JJ without plently of backup?  Why are the previews showing people helplessly watching Reid on a future video clip?  They should have had backup police, backup FBI and so on out there right behind Reid and JJ and when they didn't come right back out, the backups should be able to close in PRONTO.  Especially in a case where they just watched some woman getting torn apart by the dogs that made them go out there in the first place???

Please don't expect me to believe the real BAU members are that careless and stupid?  And I realize that Reid might have trouble using chopstix or tying his own shoelaces even though he has a genius IQ, but do they expect me to believe everyone in the BAU was stupid enough to let him and JJ go out there without backup and plenty of it even if Reid was that naive?

Even when I was watching the show (not next week's previews), I was thinking "Why did just Reid and JJ go out there?"  They should have sent a swat team!

Edited on 02/07/2007 8:42am
    Edited 2 total times.

kirke_novak

[73]Feb 7, 2007
    JJ and Reid went only to talk with a guy that 'could have seen something', not hold a suspect. They don't send SWAT teams to ask a few questions.

cbsfan

[74]Feb 7, 2007

I was using hyperbole - (obvious and intentional exaggeration not intended to be taken literally).  The point is they knew that those dogs just tore a woman to shreds so they send little JJ and Reid out there.  The two most inexperienced members of the BAU team.  

I'm wondering if the same producer that took a dislike to the woman who played Elle isn't going to make sure that JJ turns out to be the one who saves Reid?  Like a PR person should even be packing a gun in the first place?  I hope that the stories are not going to get all botched up like the "Throwing Elle to the Wolves" episodes every now and then based upon some producer's personal likes and dislikes when it comes to actresses and actors.

There is no getting around the fact that they were going out to property where dangerous dogs likely tore some woman to pieces and a place where the unsub just might live.  Backup, backup, backup and not a little girl like JJ with PR experience only for backup.  Not believable.

Okay, this is a dangerous mission.  Let's send our PR girl and a genius with a photographic memory who can't shoot a gun.

Edited on 02/07/2007 9:04am
    Edited 3 total times.

kirke_novak

[75]Feb 7, 2007
    In that case, we must have seen 2 different versions of the same episode. In my version Reid and JJ went to ask Mr Hankel, a witness, a question about a burglar/stalker he saw. No one send them to deal with a suspect and the video of the woman arrived when they were already out.
    What was in your version?

BAUCTU

[76]Feb 7, 2007
    I think you're getting a little confsed CBSfan! JJ and Reid went out to talk to him BEFORE they knew about the dogs being his. Due to the lack of cell service the rest of the team couldn't warn them!

cbsfan

[77]Feb 7, 2007

Possibly, I have to re-watch the first episode tonight since they are re-showing it. I admit I was in the kitchen back and forth a little and might have missed something. I hope so. I sure hope they don't mess up again like they did writing Elle out. I must have missed something because one minute it looked like a bunch of BAU members were gathered around watching dogs rip someone to pieces and getting grossed out because the policeman kept looking when everyone else had to turn away -- when in fact he kept looking because he recognized the dogs and knew where the owner lived.

Then the next thing I knew Reid and little baby girl JJ were out there with the dogs barking and schizo boy's multiple personalities chattering away. I also missed what kind of animal it was that Gideon was looking at at the Smithsonian at the beginning. I'll reserve judgement and sit through the whole thing with no trips to the kitchen tonight - except during commercials.

Edited on 02/07/2007 10:20am
    Edited 3 total times.

BAUCTU

[78]Feb 7, 2007
    cbsfan wrote:

Possibly, I have to re-watch the first episode tonight since they are re-showing it. I admit I was in the kitchen back and forth a little and might have missed something. I hope so. I sure hope they don't mess up again like they did writing Elle out. I must have missed something because one minute it looked like a bunch of BAU members were gathered around watching dogs rip someone to pieces and getting grossed out because the policeman kept looking when everyone else had to turn away -- when in fact he kept looking because he recognized the dogs and knew where the owner lived.

Then the next thing I knew Reid and little baby girl JJ were out there with the dogs barking and schizo boy's multiple personalities chattering away. I also missed what kind of animal it was that Gideon was looking at at the Smithsonian at the beginning. I'll reserve judgement and sit through the whole thing with no trips to the kitchen tonight - except during commercials.

JJ and Reid went just before the others saw the video, the other 4 plus some local officers watched the video!

It was a bird (hummingbird??).

cbsfan

[79]Feb 7, 2007
    A hummingbird. Thanks. I'll have to do some research on hummingbirds. That's one thing I like about this program is the little tidbits they throw out like that and the quotes. But I still wonder as I watch the previews for the 2nd part of the two parter? Why are they be watching poor Reid on the monitor when they will know where Reid and JJ went and they will know where the dogs are so why watch helplessly instead of just sending some people out there to rescue him?
    Edited on 02/07/2007 10:31am

kirke_novak

[80]Feb 7, 2007
    It was a mockingbird.