Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Dr. Spencer Reid / Matthew Gray Gubler

  • Avatar of Trace_ZBullet

    Trace_ZBullet

    [121]Feb 11, 2007
    • member since: 02/26/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 9,732
    I felt so bad when he was tortured
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpencerREid

    SpencerREid

    [122]Feb 11, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 757
    Maybe...Reid took the drugs because he wanted to know exactly what Tobias injected him with so he could do some research and deal with the problem later. Just another thought.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Reid_luver

    Reid_luver

    [123]Feb 11, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 119
    That's a good idea, and maybe we'll see him find out what the drug is, but we all know that the writers are going to have him addicted to it, whether he knows what it's called or not. It presents too perfect of an opportunity to bring the group closer together through helping Reid, and for him to develop a little more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sizz_leteen

    sizz_leteen

    [124]Feb 12, 2007
    • member since: 11/14/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,225
    This is going to get interesting. I just hope that the writers don't use Reid's addiction as a means of writing him out of the series. Though I very much doubt that they would do that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of phf3947

    phf3947

    [125]Feb 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 3,516
    sizz_leteen wrote:
    I just hope that the writers don't use Reid's addiction as a means of writing him out of the series. Though I very much doubt that they would do that.

    I very much doubt it as well
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of doverz

    doverz

    [126]Feb 12, 2007
    • member since: 02/09/07
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 649
    They won't write Reid out of the series, everyone loves Reid. Writing him out would be suicide.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cadenjace

    cadenjace

    [127]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 02/14/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 4

    I pray they don't write him out. He is the best character. I love when he start talking and states a ramdon fact or information and everyone (or sometimes just the new people that dont know him) just stop and stare at him like a weird person. It's sooo funny.

    Keep our Reid. Keep our Reid. Keep our Reid.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of flowerxchild

    flowerxchild

    [128]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 133
    That would be so unneccesary to write him out. I mean I can understand the whole Elle thing because the actress was actually leaving the show, but as I've heard MGG isn't leaving anytime soon. Also he is without a doubt the most popular character the show has had. You can tell since this forum has like 7 pages ^_^
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BAUCTU

    BAUCTU

    [129]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 08/30/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,414
    They'd only write him out if MGG wanted to leave. Reid is a big part of what makes the show work.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sizz_leteen

    sizz_leteen

    [130]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 11/14/05
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 1,225
    As soon as I laid eyes on Reid, I thought,
    "Hello, this is my new favourite show!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Reid_luver

    Reid_luver

    [131]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 02/10/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 119
    Heck yeah!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oceanavenue2006

    oceanavenue2006

    [132]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 11/11/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 45

    ***WARNING**** semi-spoiler for Fear and Loathing....

    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you have been warned...

    I was pleasantly surprised with how the writers are dealing with his whole addiction, even though there wasn't much in this episode about it, because this was filmed before the other two. I really liked how they showed him wrestling with the drugs, and also the plane ride back with Morgan. I was semi-freaking out about this storyline before this episode. Like many of you, I was thinking "oh... poor Spencer... I don't want the writers to ruin his character!" But after seeing this I don't think the writers will drag the storyline out very far, and I think this will just add depth to Reid's character.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of danceprincess14

    danceprincess14

    [133]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 02/15/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 125

    I love Reid! After Revalations I knew I had to find a meassage board and I landed here!!
    I finaly just now found out how to post (they could have said you have to post in the welcome section first, anyway...) but in my time of lurking I found his site, his "documentary", and just about every interview posted in here.

    He's defently my favorite character and it was so hard for me to watch him get tortured.
    I hope they do a better job of continuing the plot next week ( I know, I know, it was filmed before...).

    This episode made me feel....lost with unawnserd questions.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpencerREid

    SpencerREid

    [134]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 757

    I agree....so far the writers are doing a great job at the way they are dealing with Reid's "addiction". He is really fighting it which is totally in character but when he talked to Morgan we could see how hard it is for him.

    All I can say is that I'm looking forward to this storyline.

    And anything that has to do with Reid!!!!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StarbucksAddict

    StarbucksAddict

    [135]Feb 14, 2007
    • member since: 06/25/05
    • level: 46
    • rank: Lothar of the Hill People
    • posts: 965
    doverz wrote:
    They won't write Reid out of the series, everyone loves Reid. Writing him out would be suicide.

    I Agree, They'd probably get Tons of Hate Mail from Reid Fans If they did that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BAUCTU

    BAUCTU

    [136]Feb 15, 2007
    • member since: 08/30/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,414
    danceprincess14 wrote:

    I love Reid! After Revalations I knew I had to find a meassage board and I landed here!!
    I finaly just now found out how to post (they could have said you have to post in the welcome section first, anyway...) but in my time of lurking I found his site, his "documentary", and just about every interview posted in here.

    He's defently my favorite character and it was so hard for me to watch him get tortured.
    I hope they do a better job of continuing the plot next week ( I know, I know, it was filmed before...).

    This episode made me feel....lost with unawnserd questions.



    Welcome to the forum! The welcome section must be a new thing!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of oceanavenue2006

    oceanavenue2006

    [137]Feb 15, 2007
    • member since: 11/11/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 45
    SpencerREid wrote:

    I agree....so far the writers are doing a great job at the way they are dealing with Reid's "addiction". He is really fighting it which is totally in character but when he talked to Morgan we could see how hard it is for him.

    All I can say is that I'm looking forward to this storyline.

    And anything that has to do with Reid!!!!!



    I just wanted to give him a hug and a shoulder to cry on when he was about to cry during that..... aww...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpencerREid

    SpencerREid

    [138]Feb 15, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 757
    I think it's going to be a good storyline. Reid has never been so vulnerable. He has to deal with serious emotional problems and he doesn't know how. And all the knowledge he has is not going to help him. Reid needs to face this problem on an emotional level. Morgan tried a logical approach in the plane and it didn't seem to help Reid much. I think that Gideon will realize that Reid can't be helped taking a logical approach, but can only be reached on a more emotional level. Maybe Reid needs to hear how much each member of the team cares about him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BAUCTU

    BAUCTU

    [139]Feb 15, 2007
    • member since: 08/30/06
    • level: 14
    • rank: Autobot
    • posts: 1,414
    oceanavenue2006 wrote:
    SpencerREid wrote:

    I agree....so far the writers are doing a great job at the way they are dealing with Reid's "addiction". He is really fighting it which is totally in character but when he talked to Morgan we could see how hard it is for him.

    All I can say is that I'm looking forward to this storyline.

    And anything that has to do with Reid!!!!!



    I just wanted to give him a hug and a shoulder to cry on when he was about to cry during that..... aww...


    I'm seriously hoping we get a hug from someone for him next week!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SpencerREid

    SpencerREid

    [140]Feb 15, 2007
    • member since: 02/13/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 757
    A hug is not a bad idea. I would like to see that too!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.