Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Dr. Spencer Reid / Matthew Gray Gubler

meggido23

[1481]Dec 2, 2011
    • level: 1

Absolutely. Reid is like the source from which much of the rest of the show emanates. I feel the same way about Garcia and Morgan. Too crucial.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MarieGaioso

[1482]Feb 1, 2012

I think Reid is one of the most interesting fictional characters I've ever seen on TV show. I just want to know more and more about him, especially because of the whole schizophrenia thing and the headaches and nightmares. Also, it'd be interesting if some random girl fell in love with him, just to see his reaction to it. All the other characters seem to have a lofe life, except for Reid. I'm not interested in a soap opera, just to see some more romance every now and then, it'd be a great way to get to know him better, to see how he'd respond to a situation like that.

M.

nutmeg0963

[1483]Apr 13, 2012
    • level: 2

I agree, Marie. I love all the characters, but Reid is my "main guy," so to speak. For me personally, he's the most appealing and unique. I am quite interested in seeing something resembling joyful or "happy" happen to him at least once. This guy has his own set of "moxie" considering the series of unfortunate events the writers have pelleted him with over the years.

FYI, unless the writers go on a bender to shift things this direction (which I hope never happens), Reid isn't schizophrenic. His odds are higher than the general population's of acquiring the disease because of his first degree relative involvement, but it's hardly a guarantee for him. Also, while there are indeed outliers to this "rule," on average if men are ever going to start exhibiting schizophrenic symptoms, it tends to hit in their early 20s (while for women, it tends to hit in their early 30s.) Which means, by real-world psychiatric standards, Reid pretty much already missed the boat by about a decade. True, Hollywood can do whatever it wants in whatever time frame it pleases, but there's a small blip of what's listed in the DSM-IV section on schizophrenia. (and no, I'm not bananas enough that I went deliberately hunting for it; psychiatric diseases just happen to be what I'm being tested over in a few weeks, haha!)

I think the poor guy IS paranoid about getting nailed with it after watching his mother deteriorate, but to me, that's the extent of it. If the writers decide to start going that direction for him for the sake of drama, then that will nail the coffin shut on his character. Aside from ruining the "Reidness," there's no way he'd be able to function on this sort of job.

Chely28

[1484]Sep 17, 2012
    I hope there is more Reid season 8....the show has been a disappointment lately. I hope the writers start writing Reid like they did the first few seasons. They had good consistent writing regarding the character. Lately, it's been on and off. Also, they don't seem to focus so much on Reid in the latest seasons. I loved when he blurted all the random facts of knowledge. He is a genius, the smartest person in the BAU. I wish they would expand more on his brilliant mind and how he being a part of the team helps them solve the cases faster.
    Also I would love if the writers explored more on his private life....friends (maybe geeky friends), girlfriend, hobbies. I would love to see where he lives.
    Any more ideas???

evilcleo

[1485]Oct 3, 2012
    • level: 2

Hmm...this isn't my own idea but I know someone on youtube was discussing how they should make Reid into a serial killer and have the team kill him off as a series ending, see everyone's reaction. Sounds extreme to me but I have to admit, if CM was to be cancelled, it'd be the perfect conclusion.

Sp3kkie

[1486]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 7

It would be a cool ending, but it would not be realistic I think. Reid is too much a good guy, he would never turn into a serial killer. Also, I'd like to think they would not catch him, he is smarter then they are.

Actually none of the current time would be likely to be a serial killer. If I had to choose one, it would probably been Rossi. However he enjoys life to much to do it. If any previous character would be one, I'd go for Gideon. He always looked a bit depressed and not the nicest guy. It would be a great surprise to see he is the big villain this season or the last one. But I doubt it, too busy with Homeland

hakone1

[1487]Oct 26, 2012
    • level: 17

Reid bisexual?!

I've found this and I don't know what to think about it. Wouldn't it be weird?