Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Dr. Spencer Reid / Matthew Gray Gubler

Reid_luver

[161]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 10
    Expanded preview? What expanded preview?!?!?!?!?!? Do tell!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BAUCTU

[162]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 14
    Reid_luver wrote:
    Expanded preview? What expanded preview?!?!?!?!?!? Do tell!!!

cbs.com has a 30 second preview clip

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/criminal_minds/

Click on the innertube link.

Reid_luver

[163]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 10

Thanks!

redduke04

[164]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 1

hi, i'm new and after reading all of the other speculations and looking at the criminal minds television schedule for the next month of so, i have another option to add to the mix.

there was someone who said that they will use the summer break for reid's drug rehab and many others who don't think that it will be drawn out that long, i think that we are in for an emily storyline and background information show or two pretty soon here.  and the way that the plot seems to be moving as well as the previews (i am taking them to mean that they are referring to both the unsub and reid), it does seem that he is going to get help sooner, rather than later.

this, added with the fact that criminal minds is going to take at least a month break in march and the beginning of april, it seems like his drug problem will be resolved in the new episode right before the break (the one in which his arch rival appears) and then that month or so break will be the time that he spends rehabbing from this drug problem.

this is just speculation, but it does seem to fit in with the timeline, sort of.

just something else to consider.

Edited on 02/16/2007 11:29am

danceprincess14

[165]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 3
    It does fit with the time line.

What a bad time to meet up with an old Rival.
    Poor Reid.

I don't know if they took into account here would be a break there. It's possible though.

Since I now know this won't be resolved in Distress (I read the summary for Jones) I'm leaning towards the end of the season. Maybe the episode before the season Finalie. they can make it seem like time has passed.

I think the Emily story line might be the Fanalie and Opening (well, I don't know if they will do that again but they might) of this season.

BAUCTU

[166]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 14
    danceprincess14 wrote:
    It does fit with the time line.

What a bad time to meet up with an old Rival.
    Poor Reid.

I don't know if they took into account here would be a break there. It's possible though.

Since I now know this won't be resolved in Distress (I read the summary for Jones) I'm leaning towards the end of the season. Maybe the episode before the season Finalie. they can make it seem like time has passed.

I think the Emily story line might be the Fanalie and Opening (well, I don't know if they will do that again but they might) of this season.

The season finale is meant to see the return of Frank (No Way Out). I really hope they don't do a two part episode for the finale/opener especially not one involving a team member. It's a bit predictable after FK1&2.

-csiGREGGOcsi-

[167]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 8
    All this speculation is making my spleen hurt. Oh well, everything has a price. The summary says that the team will notice Reid acting oddly. I'm curious as to what this entails. Will it just be an amplified version of how he's so far responded to the trauma of his kidnapping or will it be different like a personality change due to the drugs. And I for one hope they coninue to drag this out. I love when they do that, gives you something to look forward to. Besides, a lot of you seem to want them to stop drawing it out, yet you seem to be having an awesome time specualting. You can't speculate about something that's over. Come on, you know you love it. You can't hide what's inside (because the BAU will pick your brain apart and discover all your secrets...)

ried_lover26

[168]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    i think there is plenty of Reid in this season! did you see "Revelations" and "Fear and Loathing" he is soo afraid! i feel sorry for him he is my favorite character!!

doverz

[169]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 9
    I hope they draw it out too at least until the season finale b/c it would be great to see how they deal with it. The rival thing should be interesting especially if Reid was under the influence when he met him. Just my thoughts.
    Edited on 02/16/2007 3:54pm

danceprincess14

[170]Feb 16, 2007

BAUCTU wrote:
    The season finale is meant to see the return of Frank (No Way Out). I really hope they don't do a two part episode for the finale/opener especially not one involving a team member. It's a bit predictable after FK1&2.

Maybe they will make it a tradition. lol. They do need some way to show us more about Emily. It does seem like an episode (2 parter or not) will be coming up about her.

And wait, they didn't catch that guy?? I thought they did (I'm probaly wrong, I'm not sure if I saw the end) He was at the diner and the cops where surounding him right? He was saying how he's going to leave after he finishes his shake and the whole thing was told as a story (sorta like a flash back)??

doverz

[171]Feb 16, 2007

They didn't catch him. Gideon drove off with him and the woman the unsub "loved." (I forgot her name.) The unsub had taken some kids in the middle of nowhere and to get them, Gideon had to let them out. When they came back to the spot where Gideon had left them, all they found were tracks that stopped. So the unsub got away,

Edited on 02/16/2007 5:47pm

A1707

[172]Feb 16, 2007
    reid, Reid, REID! Thats all I can say! These latest episodes (big game, revelations, fear and loathing) have just made me absolutely live for wednesdays! I absolutely adore Reid and I love that fact that we're seeing so much of him and how he is dealing with intense situations lately. I think the show has been really pulling it offWe get to see lots of Reid but at the same time his character doesn't dominate the entire show, as we still see all our others favs too (What can I say!? Every character is my fav lol) Anyhow I have a gut feeling that Reid will be able to overcome the drug issue. I also think Gideon will be the first one to become aware that Reid needs help (As he seemed to already be studying his behavior during "fear and loathing.") I predict that Reid's anxious state after the trauma he went through will become more obvious during "Distress," and that the entire team will become very aware of it and Gideon will call the rest of the team together to help Reid through it I am also anxious to see the appearance if the character I've been anticipating for a while now...Reid's archenemy (the one who is supposedly ONE IQ point smarter than Reid.)in the upcoming episode "Jones." I feel that it will be unfortunate timing for Reid to be meeting this person just after what he went through and during a time where he is still dealing with everything that he went through. I hope this added drama won't be too much though...then again is there such a thing as too much Reid and events involving Reid? But anyways, those are my thoughts on recent matters concerning our Reid!(L) Thought? Ideas? Debates?

bree1387

[173]Feb 16, 2007
    A1707 wrote:
    I am also anxious to see the appearance if the character I've been anticipating for a while now...Reid's archenemy (the one who is supposedly ONE IQ point smarter than Reid.)in the upcoming episode "Jones." I feel that it will be unfortunate timing for Reid to be meeting this person just after what he went through and during a time where he is still dealing with everything that he went through. I hope this added drama won't be too much though...then again is there such a thing as too much Reid and events involving Reid? But anyways, those are my thoughts on recent matters concerning our Reid!(L) Thought? Ideas? Debates?

I really hope this rival of Reid's is actually someone Reid really doesn't like, and is kind of a jerk. It would suck if the rival is the person Reid opens up to because I'm certain they would identify with eachother (both being geniuses) and he would represent a neutral sounding board. He wouldn't care if Reid was having difficulty with his job (unlike the BAU team) so Reid might feel more comfortable telling him. (So here's hoping he's a jerk!)

They did a similar thing on Numb3rs where Charlie met his rival and it was just comical, and almost amiable. I hope CM goes in a different direction.

doverz

[174]Feb 16, 2007
    I think it would be a cool idea of the rival was the first one to notice Reid was addicted.

A1707

[175]Feb 16, 2007
    I agree with bree1387, I also think it would be a much better storyline if the archenemy and Reid weren't on friendly terms. It would be a good storyline if this guy actually was very smart but more on the arrogant self-centered side, which would be totally oppposite to sweet Reid, and his intelligence and arrogance could come into play and make Reid feel more self-concious and a bit envious (and we could see his sad eyes! Awww) Something like this could add interest to the show by causing Reid to draw further into his shell, or maybe it would result in more bonding with the rest of the team if they all took a disliking to this archenemy and noticed Reid needed their support! Just some thoughts on the matter

flowerxchild

[176]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    Where does it say Reid's rival is making an appearence?

A1707

[177]Feb 16, 2007
    In the episode guide, under "Jones." It should be a gooder!!!(Y)

danceprincess14

[178]Feb 16, 2007
    doverz wrote:
    I think it would be a cool idea of the rival was the first one to notice Reid was addicted.

I just started thinking about this too.

The more I think about it the more I think the liklyhood of the team noticing fast gets smaller. There's a huge chance they will say his behavior is because of his Toture alone and that he just needs time to get through it.

The Rival might notice that his problems run deeper then that because he's not around him all the time.

SpencerREid

[179]Feb 16, 2007
    • level: 8

All I can say.....is.....the more Reid the better....so any storyline that features Reid is fine with me....."Jones"....looks quite promising....we are finally going to see who Reid's rival is.....yay!!!!!!!

I so love Reid!!!!!!

Finnegan77

[180]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 27

"Rival" is an interesting word, isn't it?  What is he Reid's rival for?  I would not be surprised if this person is some kind of consultant to the FBI, perhaps someone who is a rival for Reid's place on the team? 

Or is this going to be about his past - a school rival we might meet in more flashbacks?

No answers, just more questions.  I am looking forward to some nice scenes between Reid and Garcia over the next few weeks.  Their bond (not like that!) has grown this season and our soft-hearted computer whiz will be wanting to help him deal.