Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Emily Prentiss / Paget Brewster

Finnegan77

[121]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 27
    phf3947 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    lol. imagine if it were Grey's Anatomy, they'd all have to be with someone! Gideon and Garcia anyone?
    Don't even go there, BAUCTU! But wait... how about a spinoff as is being done with Grey's Anatomy as we speak. It could be something like Gideon and Garcia fall in love and move to... uh... Los Angeles and start their own BAU where all the team members are dating each other... or not!
    Not! Please, not! I have a terrible picture in my mind of Reid and Morgan and it's NOT PRETTY!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Reid_luver

[122]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 10

Yeah, it would be way too weird for Reid and Prentiss to hook up. I wouldn't like that. Reid must've just felt he was safe biting her head off. I do want an apology though!!

Oh, and BAUCTU, "Gideon and Garcia anyone?" cracked me up!!! That was hilarious!!!!   No way.

BAUCTU

[123]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 14
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    phf3947 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    lol. imagine if it were Grey's Anatomy, they'd all have to be with someone! Gideon and Garcia anyone?
    Don't even go there, BAUCTU! But wait... how about a spinoff as is being done with Grey's Anatomy as we speak. It could be something like Gideon and Garcia fall in love and move to... uh... Los Angeles and start their own BAU where all the team members are dating each other... or not!
    Not! Please, not! I have a terrible picture in my mind of Reid and Morgan and it's NOT PRETTY!

Now, thats just plain wrong!

Finnegan77

[124]Mar 8, 2007

OK, so, now that THAT silliness is over,

It's kind of interesting that we get to see the first few episodes with Prentiss again during this repeat season.  I remember my first reaction to her in Lessons Learned - I did not like her!  I really hated that she was better at chess than Reid - why is everyone better than the genius at that??? - and she seemed to be showing off.  She's much more human now, although she does put her foot in her mouth frequently - now it's endearing, but at the beginning it was annoying. 

BAUCTU

[125]Mar 9, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:

OK, so, now that THAT silliness is over,

It's kind of interesting that we get to see the first few episodes with Prentiss again during this repeat season.  I remember my first reaction to her in Lessons Learned - I did not like her!  I really hated that she was better at chess than Reid - why is everyone better than the genius at that??? - and she seemed to be showing off.  She's much more human now, although she does put her foot in her mouth frequently - now it's endearing, but at the beginning it was annoying. 

We have to do something to pass the days til our next fix!

She's definitly found her feet at the BAU. I was pleased to hear her call Hotchner, Hotch in No Way Out as opposed to the Sir we'd been getting.

TrixieBelden

[126]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 20
    Today - March 10 - is Paget Brewster's birthday. Best wishes to you and thanks for bringing such a great new character to Criminal Minds

Finnegan77

[127]Mar 10, 2007

Yes, it's Paget's birthday, and since many of us have been rather - well, harsh? - about her new character on our favorite show, I thought a show of support might be in order.  So, I have composed (ahem!) a short poem to tell her how much we love her. 

Dear Paget, Happy Birthday! We're glad you've joined the show/Even if on some fans, you've sorta had to grow/Emily is beautiful and sweet and very smart/And we suspect that Derek might think she's rather hot.

Don't worry about genius boy, he doesn't really hate you/Once he gets some therapy I'm sure he won't berate you/We don't know much about you, your background is quite hazy/Please tell us all will be revealed (if the writers don't get lazy).

So, compartmentalized or not, the fans are on your side/You've opened up to Morgan, and "bully" Hotch defied./We hope your birthday's special, with no bodies and no crime,/So, have a dance with Mandy - you'll still be on our "Minds".

(Insert sheepish grin here)

BAUCTU

[128]Mar 10, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:

Yes, it's Paget's birthday, and since many of us have been rather - well, harsh? - about her new character on our favorite show, I thought a show of support might be in order.  So, I have composed (ahem!) a short poem to tell her how much we love her. 

Dear Paget, Happy Birthday! We're glad you've joined the show/Even if on some fans, you've sorta had to grow/Emily is beautiful and sweet and very smart/And we suspect that Derek might think she's rather hot.

Don't worry about genius boy, he doesn't really hate you/Once he gets some therapy I'm sure he won't berate you/We don't know much about you, your background is quite hazy/Please tell us all will be revealed (if the writers don't get lazy).

So, compartmentalized or not, the fans are on your side/You've opened up to Morgan, and "bully" Hotch defied./We hope your birthday's special, with no bodies and no crime,/So, have a dance with Mandy - you'll still be on our "Minds".

(Insert sheepish grin here)

thats very good!

danceprincess14

[129]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 3

The poem is beatiful!!

~HAPPY BIRTH DAY PAGET~

My stupid computer won't let me change the color!!

Finnegan77

[130]Mar 23, 2007
    I've swept the dust off of my crystal ball, and I predict a Prentiss episode in April.  We've been very patient, CM, wondering who this girl is and, although we've gotten to know her a little better, and she has become a real member of the team, we want more!  I'd cross my fingers, but it's really hard to type that way.

madis0n

[131]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 2
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    I've swept the dust off of my crystal ball, and I predict a Prentiss episode in April.  We've been very patient, CM, wondering who this girl is and, although we've gotten to know her a little better, and she has become a real member of the team, we want more!  I'd cross my fingers, but it's really hard to type that way.

Well, I read on another forum that Kate Jackson will be guest starring as Paget's mother in "Honor Among Thieves" which airs April 11. So, it does sound like an Emily-centric episode soon. Yeah. I'm really starting to become a fan of Prentiss.

phf3947

[132]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 71
    I can't put anything on the guide until it's announced by CBS, but I guess I can say that "Honor Among Thieves" centers around Russian mobsters.

BAUCTU

[133]Mar 23, 2007
    phf3947 wrote:
    I can't put anything on the guide until it's announced by CBS, but I guess I can say that "Honor Among Thieves" centers around Russian mobsters.

The Russian mobsters are not people you want to be messing with!

Profilersarehot

[134]Mar 23, 2007
    did anyone else not like it that in Ashes and Dust prentis like totally shot reid down when he was like "im try to be more conversational" i got pretty upset at that. Reid went through a tramatic thing and he was being rude to her ya... but she doesn't really have a reason to be rude to him. don't stoop to that level... plus he looks hotter doing it then her... she just looks like a beotch... excuse the language.

doverz

[135]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 9
    Profilersarehot wrote:
    did anyone else not like it that in Ashes and Dust prentis like totally shot reid down when he was like "im try to be more conversational" i got pretty upset at that. Reid went through a tramatic thing and he was being rude to her ya... but she doesn't really have a reason to be rude to him. don't stoop to that level... plus he looks hotter doing it then her... she just looks like a beotch... excuse the language.

Well, a lot of people say it's just teasing him, so if that's it, it's alright. If it isn't, I think Emily has every right to be mad at him. He's been mean to her for the past few episodes when she really didn't deserve it. All she was doing was showing concern for him. I think she's had enough of him doing that to her, so instead of being overly nice to him, I think she's just going to treat him civily and not show as much concern as before. Frankly, I would treat Reid the same way.... Actually, no I wouldn't since I like him the best. But I think Emily has every reason to treat him like that.

ILuvReid

[136]Mar 24, 2007
    Emily has every right to shoot down Reid. I'm still not sure if it was teasing or if they were being serious. Still, Reid practically shot down Emily at every oppoturnity that he got. Remember on the plane in "Jones"? The smile washed off Emily's face. She was being nice. I'm very excited to see where this goes. Things could get ugly if she stoops to his level. I'm hoping she treats him civily. Reid will come around whether it be threapy, rehab or just plain common sense.

I hope we get a Prentiss episode in April. She is very mysterious and she gets more and more intriguing every new episode.

Did any girls here love it when we saw Emily in the FBI vest?(Ashes and Dust) I was like "Finally! The guys aren't the only ones who can handle a gun! Go Emily!" I don't recall ever seeing Elle in a FBI vest so it was a nice breath of fresh air.

madis0n

[137]Mar 24, 2007
    ILuvReid wrote:
    Emily has every right to shoot down Reid. I'm still not sure if it was teasing or if they were being serious. Still, Reid practically shot down Emily at every oppoturnity that he got. Remember on the plane in "Jones"? The smile washed off Emily's face. She was being nice. I'm very excited to see where this goes. Things could get ugly if she stoops to his level. I'm hoping she treats him civily. Reid will come around whether it be threapy, rehab or just plain common sense.

I hope we get a Prentiss episode in April. She is very mysterious and she gets more and more intriguing every new episode.

Did any girls here love it when we saw Emily in the FBI vest?(Ashes and Dust) I was like "Finally! The guys aren't the only ones who can handle a gun! Go Emily!" I don't recall ever seeing Elle in a FBI vest so it was a nice breath of fresh air.

I agree. Reid's been pretty rotten towards her since his hostage ordeal. So, he kind of deserved it. She's been very civil about his shortness and just plain rudeness towards her, but I get the feeling that she can only take so much before she lays into him. It will be interesting to see what the writer's do with it. Although I love Reid, I'd love to see Prentiss lay into him. I think I remember seeing Elle in a vest when they raided that apartment in FK1. I might be wrong though.

Finnegan77

[138]Mar 24, 2007

Prentiss has worn a vest two other times already - in No Way Out, and in Revelations.  But I agree, she is generally more professional than Elle ever was - she has that vibe about her.  She presents a more professional appearance - I believe her more as an FBI agent, I guess. 

She's just starting to loosen up a little bit with Morgan - who also thought her comment in A&D was funny. 

sylvi_01

[139]Mar 24, 2007

I love Reid but I started to laugh when she shot back at him, it was a definite you go girl kind of moment.  It was just such a random statement letting him know his attempts at being conversational weren't working.  I've felt bad for her and I can see how she would be angry at him.  I agree that she feels much more professional than Elle did.  Prentiss is exactly what I think of when I think of a female FBI type agent.  I was interested in her reaction to the woman who was burnt.  She had no problem with Reid being tortured yet this seemed to get to her.

I also found her reaction to Hotch telling the woman her family was outside interesting.  I can't wait for the next one if it's her time to have an episode.  It should be a very interesting story.

BAUCTU

[140]Mar 24, 2007

phf3947 wrote:
    Here's a blog by one of the guest stars in this episode, not massively interesting but there is a picture of him.

http://fromohiotola.blogspot.com/2007/03/criminal-minds-honor-among-thieves.html

Edited on 03/24/2007 2:45pm