Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

General Discussion - Show News - Questions & Answers

Hotch_Fan

[62]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 5

phf3947 wrote:
    Both episodes were written by Debra J. Fisher and Erica Messer.

I think I remember seeing on the Criminal Minds DVD extras somewhere that they were called "The Gruesome Twosome" by the cast and crew. They are both excellent writers.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

amaryllis88

[63]Apr 21, 2009
    • level: 20
    I just wanted to post this as a side note to anybody who also watches the show Fringe. On tonight's episode, one of the assistants mentions the word "UnSub," to Dr. Walter Bishop (the kinda crazy one), and he thought it sounded like a submarine that would be above water...so technically speaking, an "un-submarine," until the assistant explained to him that it meant "Unknown Subject." I thought that was pretty cute, I immediately thought of CM upon hearing that! Maybe it was a little shout out to our show by J.J. Abrams & crew?! Here's hoping!
    Edited on 04/21/2009 8:44pm

phf3947

[64]Apr 27, 2009
    • level: 71
    Here we go again with a one-hour time shift in the schedule. Hopefully this will give everyone time to get out the word about it. More info here: The Futon Critic.

Also mark your calendars for Thursday, April 30. CBS has pulled Harper's Island and replaced it with a repeat of Brothers in Arms at 9 Central/10 Eastern-Pacific time.
    Edited on 04/27/2009 10:23pm

Hotch_Fan

[65]Apr 28, 2009
    I'd rather watch the CM repeat than Harper's Island ANY day! ☺

phf3947

[66]Apr 28, 2009
    Hotch_Fan wrote:
    I'd rather watch the CM repeat than Harper's Island ANY day! ☺

This is also the same timeslot as another show on another network that you and I watch, but I didn't want to mention it on primetime forum

Hotch_Fan

[71]Apr 28, 2009

phf3947 wrote:
    This is also the same timeslot as another show on another network that you and I watch, but I didn't want to mention it on primetime forum

Oh, that's okay. I have DirecTV with both "East" and "West" feeds for ALL the major networks. So, I can watch em' both...one at 9 and the other at 12! So, I'm covered...lol. =)

My "insert emotion" smileys aren't working so I have to improvise and make my own. ☺

lilblackrose

[73]May 15, 2009
    • level: 4
    In what episode do they find out Spencer has a drug problem?

Hotch_Fan

[74]May 16, 2009
    It was season 2, episode 15. It was called "Revelations" and it was the 2nd part of the continuing episode "The Big Game." Reid was kidnapped and tortured in it. The un-sub (Tobias Hankel) shot Reid up with the drug Dilaudid several times. As a result Reid became addicted to narcotics.

phf3947

[75]May 16, 2009
    Hotch_Fan wrote:
    It was season 2, episode 15. It was called "Revelations" and it was the 2nd part of the continuing episode "The Big Game." Reid was kidnapped and tortured in it. The un-sub (Tobias Hankel) shot Reid up with the drug Dilaudid several times. As a result Reid became addicted to narcotics.

It was never overtly revealed that Reid had developed an actual addiction - it was only implied. After the writers devised this controversial storyline, they changed their collective minds. The resolution to the situation occurred in "Elephant's Memory" when he attended an NA meeting and told the group that he had had a problem with Dilaudid, but he had stopped, and had been clean for 10 months.

Hotch_Fan

[76]May 17, 2009

True...I forgot to mention that he was clean now. I do remember that episode where one of the higher ranking FBI agents (he called himself "John." It was never revealed what the guys actual title was) gave Reid his 1-year medallion.

amaryllis88

[77]May 18, 2009
    • level: 20
    Hotch_Fan wrote:

True...I forgot to mention that he was clean now. I do remember that episode where one of the higher ranking FBI agents (he called himself "John." It was never revealed what the guys actual title was) gave Reid his 1-year medallion.

I remember that, I was kinda freaked out the way he approached Reid, and gave him that medallion, I thought maybe he was up to something sinister, but then again, does Reid still have that medallion somewhere? Maybe on his desk, or on his person? The writers don't necessarily have to write something for it, but maybe see it on a set piece, or amongst Reid's belongings.

REIDFANATIC

[78]May 18, 2009
    amaryllis88 wrote:
    Hotch_Fan wrote:

I remember that, I was kinda freaked out the way he approached Reid, and gave him that medallion, I thought maybe he was up to something sinister, but then again, does Reid still have that medallion somewhere? Maybe on his desk, or on his person? The writers don't necessarily have to write something for it, but maybe see it on a set piece, or amongst Reid's belongings.
    I don't think Reid would still have it. John only gave it to him until he got his own one year medallion which would have been 4 months from that time. I'm sure that time has passed now and he probably has his own.

robhiengler

[79]Jun 1, 2009
    • level: 1

Just watched some of the Criminal minds episodes of the DVD box sets.

Anyone else notice that the FBI sharpshooters and entry teams are way too trigger happy?

Its like someone hooked them up to an IV of "Roids".

I mean I counted about 2-3 dozen completely unneccessary shootings over a three season period not to mention season 4. Especially when no order was given to shoot or when they're (Hotch, Gideon etc..) are shouting "don't shoot!"

For example Season 2 Episode 8 "Empty Planet".

and Season 4 to "Hell and Back"

Stick in my mind most recently......(please add some more instances..)

Personally I think its a rather slack sloppy and easy way out to wrap up an episode, and personally reflects rather poorly on the FBI if subordinates can't follow simple orders.

lynna12000

[80]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 21
    robhiengler wrote:

Just watched some of the Criminal minds episodes of the DVD box sets.

Anyone else notice that the FBI sharpshooters and entry teams are way too trigger happy?

Its like someone hooked them up to an IV of "Roids".

I mean I counted about 2-3 dozen completely unneccessary shootings over a three season period not to mention season 4. Especially when no order was given to shoot or when they're (Hotch, Gideon etc..) are shouting "don't shoot!"

For example Season 2 Episode 8 "Empty Planet".

and Season 4 to "Hell and Back"

Stick in my mind most recently......(please add some more instances..)

Personally I think its a rather slack sloppy and easy way out to wrap up an episode, and personally reflects rather poorly on the FBI if subordinates can't follow simple orders.

'To Hell and Back..' isn't a particularly accurate example of FBI sharpshooter protocol. Those were RCMP officers. And as such they were under no obligation to listen to Morgan.

The BAU's primary purpose is to track down serial killers. Something that they do with a great deal of skill. The sharpshooters quite likely have a different agenda than that of the BAU. Their primary objective is to prevent their suspect from causing further harm to civilians and to federal agents. They also have their own commanding officers. Hotch may have been a SWAT team member. But he isn't now.

Accurate portrayals doesn't always make for interesting television viewing. While the show does have some errors when it comes to portraying the entry teams as slightly 'trigger happy'; it doesn't try to kill ALL the suspects. The show over all, DOES portray the FBI in an extremely favorable light. The team does their best to protect and serve the public. They have all made personal sacrifices to do the job. It's the little things like that which makes the show one of my favorites.