Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

General Discussion - Show News - Questions & Answers

naldro

[661]Jun 2, 2012
    • level: 30

With Paget Brewster leaving again and most likely for good what do you think will the producers do? Will they bring back Seaver who was brought in when she left and was gone after she returned? I think they should consider getting one of the female character from the spin-off show Suspect Behavior even though the show didn't last long. I think it's better than bringing in a new character. Who should it be, Beau Garrett who played Gina LaSalle or Janeane Garofalo who played Beth Griffin who was the only character who didn't appear in the pilot episode, The Fight.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

blackmage8472

[662]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 15

Replacement cast:

http://tvline.com/2012/06/13/criminal-minds-jeanne-tripplehorn/

layle1

[663]Jun 13, 2012
    • level: 72
    The answer to your question occurred this evening. Jeane Tripplehorn was announced as a yet-to-be-named FBI profiler who will replace the departing Paget Brewster. See more details at the links below:

Deadline: http://www.deadline.com/2012/06/jeanne-tripplehorn-joins-cbs-criminal-minds-as-new-regular/

TVLine: http://tvline.com/2012/06/13/criminal-minds-jeanne-tripplehorn/

EW: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/06/13/jeanne-tripplehorn-joins-criminal-minds/

Edit: Thanks, Blackmage. We must have been creating at the same time
    Edited on 06/13/2012 10:07pm

alj69

[664]Jun 14, 2012
    • level: 3

My first thought on this new casting is what about REID??? I was hoping that they wouldn't replace Paget so quickly and allow the other characters more input. I was hoping that maybe TPTB would at least listen to the fans especially after the debacle of season 6. I personally don't feel that they need another profiler now that JJ is one. Every single fan forum I have looked at all say the same............. NO NEW PROFILER AND GIVE REID MORE TO DO AND TO GET HIM BACK IN CHARACTER FROM THE EARLIER SEASONS. Obviously TPTB don't care about the viewers enough (by TPTB I also mean the networks). I am willing to give this new profiler a go, so I won't make judgement till then but I think she is going to be in for a rough time especially if Reid keeps on being in the background (that's assuming MGG returns....which I really hope he does but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't), to allow for her character.

COME ON THE POWERS THAT BE: TREAT REID RIGHT!!!!!!!!

blackmage8472

[665]Jun 25, 2012
    • level: 15

alj69 wrote:
    My first thought on this new casting is what about REID???

Your wish is granted:http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/06/criminal-minds-matthew-gray-gubler.html

MGG signs a 2 year deal.

Lady_Lancaster

[666]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 41

Did I read somewhere that Thomas Gibson's contract was also up for renewal at the end of Season 7, or was it Joe Mantegna? I read so many things in so many different places that I become confused as to who is staying and who is going. I know Matthew Gray Gubler is returning (excellent!) but I felt sure that another male cast member's contract was up for option as well. Forgive me if this has been previously discussed/posted elsewhere, I don't have time to re-read back through them all, I'm afraid.

Lady_Lancaster

[667]Sep 28, 2012

Being from Australia, I wonder if somebody could please tell me why there is to be a gap before the next episode of the season? Is something else on CBS next which of which I am not aware? Thank you. Smile

goldelpack

[668]Oct 1, 2012
    • level: 6
    Lady_Lancaster wrote:

Being from Australia, I wonder if somebody could please tell me why there is to be a gap before the next episode of the season? Is something else on CBS next which of which I am not aware? Thank you.

I believe it is the notorious US presidential debates (of which I will not comment, because I won't be able to stop) Nothing like a debate to chose a country's leader... I was hoping to see some posts about the addition of the new agent. Personally, I disliked her completely. Totally. Cold, robotic, boring, not someone I had good first impressions about. I'd have preferred they give our existing agents more time than to add another bossy know it all type.

Lady_Lancaster

[669]Oct 6, 2012

Thank you for letting me know why there was no new episode last week, I shall just have to watch on Wednesday and see what happens. Smile

JessieMarie2

[670]Oct 10, 2012
    • level: 3

So I was just reading a few articals online and 3 of them shocked and kind of upset me

The first one was Gidion or Mandy saying that CM was destroying his soul and it was a horrible career choice.

The next thing I read was about some spoilers it said we will learn about Rossis military background which I'm fine with actually excited about but it also talked about jj being a hostage and how she will kick some ass but for some reason this just doesn't sit well with me I liked jj as the media leason not this bad ass mom who can do everything her self I do love jj though so the only thing I like is more screen time for her.

The third thing was paget Brewster talking about her new role and law and order svu and how CM didnt challenge her anymore and how she didn't like some casting choices. Once again this made me not like the production team of CM.

Overall how do u all feel about this news? Please reply

lynna12000

[671]Oct 11, 2012
    • level: 21
    JessieMarie2 wrote:

So I was just reading a few articals online and 3 of them shocked and kind of upset me

The first one was Gidion or Mandy saying that CM was destroying his soul and it was a horrible career choice.

The next thing I read was about some spoilers it said we will learn about Rossis military background which I'm fine with actually excited about but it also talked about jj being a hostage and how she will kick some ass but for some reason this just doesn't sit well with me I liked jj as the media leason not this bad ass mom who can do everything her self I do love jj though so the only thing I like is more screen time for her.

The third thing was paget Brewster talking about her new role and law and order svu and how CM didnt challenge her anymore and how she didn't like some casting choices. Once again this made me not like the production team of CM.

Overall how do u all feel about this news? Please reply

Personally, I'm glad they let JJ be more than just the liason. Why should't she be a mom that can do everything? She has grown as a character.

CBS made a mistake with the Seaver character; and they acknowledged it by bringing back JJ and Emily. That doesn't happen often. They also respected Paget enough to let her go gracefully (the 2nd time), and gave her the option of coming back for guest spots.

As for Mandy P; I take what he says with a more than a few teaspoons of salt. Considering what he said about his reasons for leaving SI, his current acting job is a surprise. Homeland is wonderfully written and acted, but it certainly isn't a comedy, or even in any sense of the word 'light hearted'. The man is an outstanding actor; he rarely puts in a poor performance. He also rarely stays with any television show for more than 2 seasons.

I'll stick with the show until the end. While there have been a few miscalculations, overall it is a good show. Beats most of the dreck out there.