Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

General Discussion - Show News - Questions & Answers

  • Avatar of phf3947

    phf3947

    [141]Nov 26, 2009
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 3,516
    eggyface wrote:
    Could we have a thread for the wonderful Erin Strauss please? I've tried to create one but for some reason my Safari browser won't cooperate with your software. (Main text window remains blanked out.) She's dynamic, she's strong, complex, multi-layered, brilliantly acted. The actor has good chemistry with pretty well everyone else on the cast. I'm a fan and would love her to have her very own thread.

    Although I agree with you about Erin Strauss, Jayne's character is secondary and the pinned threads on the forum are for the primary stars of the show. You can always discuss her in the threads for the episodes in which she appears
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of iamafan2009

    iamafan2009

    [142]Nov 30, 2009
    • member since: 06/07/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 36

    Why is this series so short????? 10 ep's is not enough. I look forward to this show each week. The fact we had to wait 9 months for 10 ep's is a big letdown. Come on whats wrong with the show that we only get 10 week lol FRUSTRATING to say the least

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lynna12000

    lynna12000

    [143]Nov 30, 2009
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,437
    iamafan2009 wrote:

    Why is this series so short????? 10 ep's is not enough. I look forward to this show each week. The fact we had to wait 9 months for 10 ep's is a big letdown. Come on whats wrong with the show that we only get 10 week lol FRUSTRATING to say the least



    We didn't wait 9 months, only 4. This season will be more than 10 episodes. The next episode will be on 12/9. In the U.S. the month of december seems to be reserved mostly for holiday specials and repeats.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CMJunkie

    CMJunkie

    [144]Dec 1, 2009
    • member since: 02/24/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 516
    iamafan2009 wrote:

    Why is this series so short????? 10 ep's is not enough. I look forward to this show each week. The fact we had to wait 9 months for 10 ep's is a big letdown. Come on whats wrong with the show that we only get 10 week lol FRUSTRATING to say the least


    My understanding is there are 22-23 episodes. And like lynna said... we waited from May to September. Though I must agree, with Season 4's finale, it SEEMED like 9 months!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CRaivios

    CRaivios

    [145]Dec 1, 2009
    • member since: 05/21/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,543
    iamafan2009 wrote:

    Why is this series so short????? 10 ep's is not enough. I look forward to this show each week. The fact we had to wait 9 months for 10 ep's is a big letdown. Come on whats wrong with the show that we only get 10 week lol FRUSTRATING to say the least

    It takes more than one week to film a one hour show. The season begins shooting sometime in July and ends in March, as far as I know.

    On Nov. 4th, Numb3rs had 6 episodes cut from their season. The CBS shows that are going to have two more shows are: CSI: Miami, NCIS, NCIS: Los Angeles, How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men. CSI, CSI: NY, Criminal Minds, The Good Wife, The Mentalist and The Big Bang Theory are each going to have one additional episode. That means we have 13 more episodes for this season.

    Just because the calendar year has ended does not mean the television season is over. The third week of May will be the start of the four month period that we will be discussing the finale. Believe me, we spent a whole summer blogging about Lo Fi.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of woodstock-chan

    woodstock-chan

    [146]Dec 1, 2009
    • member since: 01/20/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 356
    CRaivios wrote:
    The third week of May will be the start of the four month period that we will be discussing the finale. Believe me, we spent a whole summer blogging about Lo Fi.

    I know. It took me a whole month to finally come up with "Hey wait a minute... maybe none of them were in the van."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of phf3947

    phf3947

    [147]Dec 2, 2009
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 3,516
    Some good news for Reid fans!! Read about it HERE.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Quietbreezes24

    Quietbreezes24

    [148]Dec 13, 2009
    • member since: 12/11/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 11

    Hello all. I am new to the forum and would like to say I am also a criminal minds fanatic. I have seen every episode since its inception and enjoy most episodes. Although some shows are more graphic than others, I still enjoy the thrill and excitement this show brings. Here are my two-cents about past seasons as well as this season. Although most of season five has been centered on Hotch's character, I understand the concept of the writers doing this. Many times we've watched shows with cliff hangers and that is where it usually ends. Nothing is ever said about a specific ending and the show either goes on to the next episode or is either cancelled. (E.g. Shark).

    I do like the cast that is currently on the show. Rossi's character took some getting used to but I find I like him better than Gideon. Mandy Patinkin is a great actor but in my own opinion I find he better shines on stage. Joe Mantegna seems more fitted and believable as a retired old school law enforcement officer and brings his own degree of characterization on how he interacts with the other members of the team.

    What I have found from reading most of the reviews regarding this season is the character of Morgan. I feel he has evolved as a BAU member and holds his own as a member of the team. I saw many were upset that he might take over the unit if Hotch (Thomas Gibson) decided to step down permanently. I too like Morgan when he is beating up or chasing unsubs or just being pretty. But nonetheless I would rather see him in charge than a new character come in and try to take over the team. Also most seem to be against Morgan having any type of relationship as hinted in season 5, episode 4. Need we forget Reid became involved with an actual victim in season 1, episode 18 and JJ had and still has a relationship with former detective Will LaMontagne, Jr. while working a case together. Hotch obviously was attracted to fellow FBI agent Kate Joyner in the episode of Lo-Fi and for some eerie reason Gideon was attracted to a female death row inmate (season 1, episode 14) although trying to prove her innocence of her son's death, she was still guilty for not reporting the murderous acts her husband committed. Garcia's relationship with colleague Kevin Lynch is cute and more believable than she and Morgan. Even in TV land we know that would never happen. They are from two different worlds and other than being platonic friends that is how it should stay. Now most want a relationship between Prentiss and Hotch. That wouldn't make much sense being both would be traveling and working the same cases leaving Jack without any parental provisions. I can't see Prentiss as a stay-at-home mom. I hated to see Haley killed off because she could have balanced home life more for Hotch if she would have given Hotch more support in his career. She obviously knew what he did for a living before she married him. Instead she played the guilt card and took his son and left. I would have loved more interaction between Hotch and Haley in earlier episodes that was shown before she was killed. I felt he truly loved her in that episode. Other episodes made her seem to be uncaring for anyone but herself.

    I know this was long and I apologize for that, but I had five years to review. All in all I love this show and respect each reviewer's views and opinions.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of phf3947

    phf3947

    [149]Dec 14, 2009
    • member since: 06/06/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 3,516
    Welcome to the forum, Quietbreezes24 I enjoyed reading your opinion of Criminal Minds. Please don't be a stranger. We hope to see you back on Wednesday night to discuss the last new episode of the year - Retaliation.
    Edited on 12/14/2009 4:50am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lrigD

    lrigD

    [150]Dec 14, 2009
    • member since: 12/16/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 397
    Well, I'm no stranger to this forum, but I'm not on this particular one very often. I do have a question, though.

    I've been driving myself crazy trying to think of an episode or the specific circumstances of one particular scene: it has Emily and JJ interrogating (or interviewing, I suppose) a girl/young woman. JJ comforts the girl at one point and then Emily looks kinda jealous, I'm not so sure. I have one picture to reference, namely the last one on this page (I hope I'm allowed to link) : http://www.ralst.com/EJ_CM_Manifesto.HTM It's not from Children of the Dark, which I first thought. It's not really important, or anything, but I just want to know and watch that scene again! So thanks for anyone who knows where this scene is from, or who can someone look it up (I tried googling and I tried to find it on the page itself, but neither worked). Thanks ahead!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nancypoo

    nancypoo

    [151]Dec 14, 2009
    • member since: 08/31/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 3
    have to say that criminal minds is a very good one, keeps me going, haven't seen a bad one, good work, KEEP IT UP,thanks,nancypoo
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lynna12000

    lynna12000

    [152]Dec 14, 2009
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,437
    lrigD wrote:
    Well, I'm no stranger to this forum, but I'm not on this particular one very often. I do have a question, though.

    I've been driving myself crazy trying to think of an episode or the specific circumstances of one particular scene: it has Emily and JJ interrogating (or interviewing, I suppose) a girl/young woman. JJ comforts the girl at one point and then Emily looks kinda jealous, I'm not so sure. I have one picture to reference, namely the last one on this page (I hope I'm allowed to link) : http://www.ralst.com/EJ_CM_Manifesto.HTM It's not from Children of the Dark, which I first thought. It's not really important, or anything, but I just want to know and watch that scene again! So thanks for anyone who knows where this scene is from, or who can someone look it up (I tried googling and I tried to find it on the page itself, but neither worked). Thanks ahead!


    I think that was North Mammon from S2. I always read that expression as concern. I'll have to re-watch.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 2010Platypus

    2010Platypus

    [153]Dec 15, 2009
    • member since: 10/16/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 129
    It can't be "North Mammon" because Emily wasn't on the show until two episodes later in "The Last Word". Are you sure it's not from "Children of the dark"? That's what it looks like; I can't think of too many episodes where they're both at a hospital interviewing a younger witness. The scene looks like where Carrie (I think that's her name in Children of the Dark) wakes up from her nightmare of her dead family and JJ and Prentiss walk in to comfort her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of REIDFANATIC

    REIDFANATIC

    [154]Dec 15, 2009
    • member since: 02/23/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 186

    phf3947 wrote:
    Some good news for Reid fans!! Read about it HERE.

    Thanks so much for the info phf3947. As one who waits hopefully every week for a little more Reid and is always disappointed, I've found this season, with the exception of "100", to be very laclustre. It's been all Hotch and Morgan. I just miss Reid's character so much. It's the main reason I watch. I started watching because I was a fan of Mandy Patinkin but MGG captured me in the first episode. I'm happy that Ed Bernero is saying he'll give us more Reid in the second half of the season but, well let's just say, I'm not holding my breath anymore. When does the second half start? Not soon enough for me!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CMJunkie

    CMJunkie

    [155]Dec 15, 2009
    • member since: 02/24/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 516
    REIDFANATIC wrote:

    phf3947 wrote:
    Some good news for Reid fans!! Read about it HERE.

    Thanks so much for the info phf3947. As one who waits hopefully every week for a little more Reid and is always disappointed, I've found this season, with the exception of "100", to be very laclustre. It's been all Hotch and Morgan. I just miss Reid's character so much. It's the main reason I watch. I started watching because I was a fan of Mandy Patinkin but MGG captured me in the first episode. I'm happy that Ed Bernero is saying he'll give us more Reid in the second half of the season but, well let's just say, I'm not holding my breath anymore. When does the second half start? Not soon enough for me!



    By the second half MGG will be doing better on his knee (hopefully) and will be able to participate in more scenes. I am thrilled we had a few non-Reid centric episodes, but will be just as happy to see more Reid -knowing that means Matthew is back in action as well.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lrigD

    lrigD

    [156]Dec 15, 2009
    • member since: 12/16/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 397
    2010Platypus wrote:
    It can't be "North Mammon" because Emily wasn't on the show until two episodes later in "The Last Word". Are you sure it's not from "Children of the dark"? That's what it looks like; I can't think of too many episodes where they're both at a hospital interviewing a younger witness. The scene looks like where Carrie (I think that's her name in Children of the Dark) wakes up from her nightmare of her dead family and JJ and Prentiss walk in to comfort her.


    I know, I'm doubting too. But I watched Children of the Dark, and the scene I meant had the girl hugging JJ and JJ looking up at Emily. Emily's hair style is similar both in the picture I showed you and in Children of the Dark, which is why I'm still wondering if I missed anything. But I don't think I did... I'll watch that hospital scene again, though, just to be sure. OK, I watched it, and turns out I just missed the scene. It's only a few seconds in the middle, and I only saw the beginning and the ending. Stupid me! Thanks anyway for reacting!

    (I feel so stupid right now insisting it wasn't CotD when everybody told me it was... xD)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of lynna12000

    lynna12000

    [157]Dec 16, 2009
    • member since: 01/19/08
    • level: 21
    • rank: Snagglepuss
    • posts: 2,437
    2010Platypus wrote:
    It can't be "North Mammon" because Emily wasn't on the show until two episodes later in "The Last Word". Are you sure it's not from "Children of the dark"? That's what it looks like; I can't think of too many episodes where they're both at a hospital interviewing a younger witness. The scene looks like where Carrie (I think that's her name in Children of the Dark) wakes up from her nightmare of her dead family and JJ and Prentiss walk in to comfort her.


    I'll have to go back and re-watch. For some reason that one stuck in my head.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of nothatsabsurd

    nothatsabsurd

    [158]Dec 17, 2009
    • member since: 11/25/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 17
    Hey all.
    Can anyone tell me what Miranda (the unsub's) last name was in Outfoxed? It's driving me crazy.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CMJunkie

    CMJunkie

    [159]Dec 25, 2009
    • member since: 02/24/07
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 516
    watching a CM marathon on A&E.... not your typical Christmas day fare, but fine by me! Some oldie but goodies too!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DCFC79

    DCFC79

    [160]Dec 26, 2009
    • member since: 10/23/08
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9
    Anyone know when series 5 is being shown
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.