Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

General Discussion - Show News - Questions & Answers

CRaivios

[161]Dec 26, 2009
    • level: 21
    nothatsabsurd wrote:
    Hey all.
    Can anyone tell me what Miranda (the unsub's) last name was in Outfoxed? It's driving me crazy.

Sorry, I checked two websites and Miranda with no last name was the only thing listed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BAUCTU

[162]Dec 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    DCFC79 wrote:
    Anyone know when series 5 is being shown

I assume you mean in the UK? Doesn't it usually start on Living towards the end of January? I think it works that way so they can show the series all the way through without a break like you get in America.

I noticed an advert on either Living or Virgin saying they were going to be showing CM from the very beginning in the New Year.

katlady3

[163]Jan 15, 2010
    • level: 1
    I just started watching this show last year, and have been watching re-runs on A&E and Ion. Can anyone tell me which episode they show the department that Dr. Reid was on drugs? And how and when did he get off? I keep seeing the same episodes over and over, but not that one. Please help. Thanks

phf3947

[164]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 71
    katlady3 wrote:
    I just started watching this show last year, and have been watching re-runs on A&E and Ion. Can anyone tell me which episode they show the department that Dr. Reid was on drugs? And how and when did he get off? I keep seeing the same episodes over and over, but not that one. Please help. Thanks

Welcome to the forum

I'm confused. What do you mean by "department?"

Reid was drugged by Tobias Hankel on the two-parter especially written for Super Bowl XLI in 2007 ("The Big Game" and "Revelations"). He appeared to have become addicted to Dilaudid. He displayed hostility toward Prentiss in "Jones" and uncharacteristic behavior in several subsequent episodes. The writers didn't really want to go further with this storyline, however, so they decided to wind it up by having him speak to a NA group in "Elephant's Memory" where he admitted he had a problem with Dilaudid, but he had stopped, and he had been clean for 10 months.

babyjade018

[165]Jan 18, 2010
    hi everyone,just joined but have watched criminal minds since season 2. just wondered about the stuff about a spin-off and the end of the oringinal?please tell me criminal minds is not ending? btw,anyone have matthew's email,lol?

phf3947

[166]Jan 18, 2010
    Don't worry. EddyB is just branching out with the Criminal Minds spin-off - the original will remain intact.

katlady3

[167]Jan 22, 2010

phf3947 wrote:
    katlady3 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum I'm confused. What do you mean by "department?" Reid was drugged by Tobias Hankel on the two-parter especially written for Super Bowl XLI in 2007 ("The Big Game" and "Revelations"). He appeared to have become addicted to Dilaudid. He displayed hostility toward Prentiss in "Jones" and uncharacteristic behavior in several subsequent episodes. The writers didn't really want to go further with this storyline, however, so they decided to wind it up by having him speak to a NA group in "Elephant's Memory" where he admitted he had a problem with Dilaudid, but he had stopped, and he had been clean for 10 months.

Thanks for the info! By department I meant all the people in the BAU. I thought maybe I missed and show where everyone found out. I saw the one where Prentiss asked him what was wrong in New Orleans, and he bit her head off. I just thought maybe they had brought it to a close in a show. Not very good story telling huh? I also saw the one where he met a superior in the NA meeting. Thanks again....and thanks for the welcome!

phf3947

[168]Jan 22, 2010
    You're very welcome, katlady3. And, please, don't be a stranger. We have a pleasant and intelligent community of CM fans here on TV.com, and encourage more people to join us in discussing this incredibly brilliant show.

bellagirl_008

[169]Jan 28, 2010
    • level: 14
    do we know what episod ethe spin off will be introduced in and do we have any spoilers for it yet

phf3947

[170]Jan 29, 2010
    All we know right now is Spring 2010, mainly because the episode is still being cast and Chris is still working on the pilot script. Spring officially begins on March 20, 2010, so I'd venture a guess at the latter part of March (maybe the 24th or the 31st) or the early part of April. The series will be set in Los Angeles, which is generally known. If I discover any information on the spin-off episode regarding spoilers, I'll post it in the Season 5 discussion thread.
    Edited on 01/29/2010 6:50am

suzi1954

[171]Feb 8, 2010

I would like to know how they get all their black suvs to the location they are flying to when they get there? how many air planes does it take?

scooterstarr

[172]Feb 8, 2010
    • level: 12
    That's a good question, they always seem to have them no matter where they go! I presume the FBI or local police supplies them with transportation. Either that or they call up Hertz rent-a-car and ask for "6 scary looking SUVs'

MzProfiler

[173]Feb 18, 2010

Hi, just joined and I wanted to say thanks to all you guys that keep us up to date with the stuff thats going on in the show, great forum!

I'm so glad so see that someone else finally asked the question re the SUV's and how they get to the different places as I too have been wondering for a long time.

Can anyone tell me when the next episode will be screened please and am I imagining it or is Criminal Minds on a break in the US?

phf3947

[174]Feb 18, 2010
    Welcome to the forum, MzProfiler Most new programming in the U.S. has been deferred due to live coverage of the Winter Olympics on another network. The next new episode will air on March 3rd.

chrisear

[175]Feb 21, 2010

Hi

I just started watching CM, I love the end of season 2 where Ried is taken by that Raphael guy and in the end steals the drugs... does anything ever come from that? I have been watching the following episodes but dont really see anything .... the next one is ok, but he doesnt take the drugs, doesnt really get help from the team, doesnt have a breakdown or anything major. ... is there something I missed? I would have loved to see an intervention or real drama...

phf3947

[176]Feb 21, 2010
    Reid was drugged by Tobias Hankel on the two-parter especially written for Super Bowl XLI in 2007 ("The Big Game" and "Revelations"). He appeared to have become addicted to Dilaudid. He displayed hostility toward Prentiss in "Jones" and uncharacteristic behavior in several subsequent episodes. The writers didn't really want to go further with this storyline, however, so they decided to wind it up by having him speak to a NA group in "Elephant's Memory" where he admitted he had a problem with Dilaudid, but he had stopped, and he had been clean for 10 months.

chrisear

[177]Feb 21, 2010
    thanx.... after I posted it I saw that someone else asked this question already... this forum is going backwards... didnt realize that ;-)

are there any other great episodes where Reid is in trouble or episodes that show great relations with the other teammembers as brother/fahter figures?

Finnegan77

[178]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 27
    Lots! Check out LDSK, The Popular Kids, and Derailed from Season One, Fisher King I and II spanned end of Season One, start of Season Two - great eps and Reid goes a long way to solve the mystery. Distress from Season Two is where Reid goes off on Emily (I loved that scene, and the ep itself is positively brilliant), Sex, Birth, Death has Reid at the center, and a great scene with him and Garcia. 3rd Life from Season Three threw the spotlight back on him, and he references that episode as his temptation to go back to the drugs, and our fearless leader phf has already told you about Elephant's Memory from that season. Prentiss and Reid are together in Minimal Loss from Season Four. His biggest eps from that season are The Instincts and Memoriam - both about his childhood. I'd also recommend Conflicted from that season. This season, MGG had a horrible knee injury entailing many surgeries, so he's been less spotlighted, but I'd say his "central" eps are The Uncanny Valley and Risky Business (two very good, but very dark - kinda silly to say about this how, huh? - eps).

chrisear

[179]Feb 22, 2010
    awesome thanx so much

now I am switching back between the seasons and got confused about the old guy in the team...

is Mandy Patinkin supposed to be playing the same guy as the old guy from later seasons (that Joe guy)? and why did the first old guy leave?

its hard work catching up ;-)

Finnegan77

[180]Feb 22, 2010
    • level: 27
    Yikes! Don't call Joe the "old guy" around here!

Mandy played psychologically wounded profiling genius Jason Gideon in seasons 1-2. He flamed out and left unexpectedly (the actor - long story, read the posts). A few eps later, enter SSA David Rossi played by the all around excellent Joe Mantagna. His character had retired, written best-selling books, and then came back to the BAU. He has been accepted with open arms and hugs and puppies by almost all fans.