Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau / A J Cook

BAUCTU

[1]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 14

Loved the flirting with JJ and the cop in 'Jones'. She's really developed as a  member of the team this season.

I wonder if this will be revisted at any point?!

http://fan-sites.org/ajcook/

A nice AJ Cook fansite!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

sylvi_01

[2]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 3

Her character has matured this season.  I was disappointed the writers never did anything with her struggles during Revelations it was kind of brushed over and thats too bad, it could have been interesting, but I guess they only have so much time in an episode to tell something extra about the characters.  Hopefully there will be more of her character shown in the future, her and Garcia are kind of taken for granted in this show I feel.

IHeartHodgela

[3]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 4
    I definitely think that Garcia and JJ are taken for granted. We need to see way more Garcia time, but I think the writers need to *do more* with JJ's character. I liked seeing her as more of a central character for the last episode. And I love AJ Cook (the fact that she's a fellow Canuck is awesome too!).

danceprincess14

[4]Mar 3, 2007
    JJ is defently turing in to a central character and I like that.

She's seems so nice and sweet. I can't wait to learn more about her.

marvelfan89

[5]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 39
    sylvi_01 wrote:

Her character has matured this season.  I was disappointed the writers never did anything with her struggles during Revelations it was kind of brushed over and thats too bad, it could have been interesting, but I guess they only have so much time in an episode to tell something extra about the characters.  Hopefully there will be more of her character shown in the future, her and Garcia are kind of taken for granted in this show I feel.

They did that to focus on Reid, but you are right. I really liked her strength in that episode. She's handled herself well under pressure and she's just as talented as they all are. Maybe will see more JJ oriented episodes in the future.

JPPT1974

[6]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 50
    sylvi_01 wrote:

Indeed they are taken for granted. Maybe we need to write to the producers of the show. In hopes of getting them more screen time, which really has been the problem.

BAUCTU

[7]Mar 5, 2007
    I suppose you need to look at it, as the programme is about the BAU. Garcia are not profilers, they are important to the team but from the point of view of the team they are in the back ground most of the time.

Finnegan77

[8]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 27
    I thought "Jones" was a very female friendly episode for everyone.  JJ and Prentiss interrogating the kid that raped Sarah in the first place was was fantastic. If there is another JJ episode soon, I just hope it's better than North Mammon - yuk. 

BAUCTU

[9]Mar 5, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    I thought "Jones" was a very female friendly episode for everyone.  JJ and Prentiss interrogating the kid that raped Sarah in the first place was was fantastic. If there is another JJ episode soon, I just hope it's better than North Mammon - yuk. 

It wasn't that bad!

danceprincess14

[10]Mar 5, 2007
    I liked North Mammon.

I was even shocked at the end when It was the one person and not the other. (I think that's not a spoiler).

Pretty intense.

Mystic_01

[11]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 1
    Here is a thought. Perhaps when they finally confront Reid and his addiction problem JJ will break down a bit because of guilt.. She felt guilty that he was taken, that she did not "have his back" so maybe that is when her true emotions over the whole ordeal will surface.

Reid_luver

[12]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 10
    I agree. It seems that the writers are slowly bringing in the rest of the team, one by one, to notice his addiction. First it was Morgan, then Prentiss, and now Gideon. All that's left is Hotch, JJ, and Garcia. I predict that Hotch and Garcia will be involved in the next two eps, because the 3rd new one is called Doubt. To me that seems like it has Reid conclusion all over it, and JJ will be the final one to enter the fray, and I hope it's that or earlier, because I kind of just want to see this situation dealt with so we can stop obsessing over Reid and learn about other characters.

BAUCTU

[13]Mar 6, 2007
    danceprincess14 wrote:
    I liked North Mammon.

I was even shocked at the end when It was the one person and not the other. (I think that's not a spoiler).

Pretty intense.

I just rewatched it and liked it more then I remembered! Not a favourite but still good. Loved the Hotch and JJ bit on the plane at the end.

danceprincess14

[14]Mar 6, 2007

Mystic_01 wrote:
    Here is a thought. Perhaps when they finally confront Reid and his addiction problem JJ will break down a bit because of guilt.. She felt guilty that he was taken, that she did not "have his back" so maybe that is when her true emotions over the whole ordeal will surface.

When she had that bit with Morgan in Revelations I to smack:

1. Morgan. I mean, show some compassion. I know he was worried about Reid and covering directing his anger at JJ but she was practically muled by dogs and he wasn't showing any support.

and

2. JJ because it wasn't her fault at all. In fact, she actually said they should stay together and I can't believe she was blaming herself. I just wanted slam some sense back into her! I know she felt guilty though, and she probably still does. That would definitely be a plot twist if that's what happens... I want this thing with her and the cop (not sure what to call it...yet) to work out for her. They really seemed to hit it off.

EDIT: I'm a bad speller but not that bad....

Edited on 03/07/2007 7:57pm

elektra_lapant

[15]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 11

Ya i agree with you i think that JJ should not feel guilty for Reid, i mean hes the one that just went off before she could even say "i think we should stay together". Its not her fault.

I also think that JJ and the cop (William something, i think its William Lawmontain, i dont know) i love to see her hit it off with him. I dont how it would work though since he lives in New Orleans and she lives (where does she live). Anyway it would be a very distant relationship.

Edited on 03/07/2007 3:07pm

phf3947

[16]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 71
    The cop was Bill LaMontagne, and I'd love to see him return. New Orleans and Quantico aren't that far apart. But he'd better fine-tune that alleged accent before he deplanes

elektra_lapant

[17]Mar 7, 2007

Where is Quantico located?????

Finnegan77

[18]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 27
    elektra_lapant wrote:

Where is Quantico located?????

Quantico is right down the road from me in Northern Virginia, a few miles south of Washington D.C. on Route 95. Reagan National Airport is very close so Det. LaMontagne can fly in and out easily, once he gets his accent fixed.

elektra_lapant

[19]Mar 7, 2007
    Oh, Okay so it is close. So they can still have a relationship. Thats good. It leave many possiblities.

danceprincess14

[20]Mar 7, 2007
    lol

Wouldn't it be kinda wierd though if his accent magicly changed??

It's almost better to remain consistant then to fine tune it now since the episode already aired.

And I'm still not sure a long distance realation ship could work. It would probably be hard to maintain a normal realationship with thier jobs....