Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Jennifer 'JJ' Jareau / A J Cook

phf3947

[61]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 71
    BAUCTU wrote:
    The other page of the interview is nice as well.

Thanks for adding the second link.

"And Mandy (Patinkin, Criminal Minds co-star) calls me Andrea. So I call him Mandel, which is his real name."
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jcmjagfan

[62]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 17

phf3947 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Thanks for adding the second link. "And Mandy (Patinkin, Criminal Minds co-star) calls me Andrea. So I call him Mandel, which is his real name."

Favorite J.J. moment HAS to be the story about why she's afraid of the woods.Afraid

"Mandel Patinkin"
    Sounds like a German-Russian opera! I could dealwith that...if he sang me to sleep every night.Y

Edited on 06/19/2007 5:35pm

shawngf

[63]Jun 19, 2007
    • level: 1

One more for AJ-

http://www.canada.com/topics/entertainment/story.html?id=ac58f14c-8c7b-441a-9278-6ce9bc9a77e6&k=8880

Edited on 06/19/2007 6:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

BAUCTU

[64]Jun 20, 2007
    • level: 14
    phf3947 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:

Thanks for adding the second link.

"And Mandy (Patinkin, Criminal Minds co-star) calls me Andrea. So I call him Mandel, which is his real name."

I know, that was the bit I liked!

phf3947

[65]Jul 5, 2007
    • level: 71
    Here's a new interview with AJ (at least it's new to me): Home for a rest.
    Edited on 07/05/2007 1:50pm

SpencerREid

[66]Jul 7, 2007
    • level: 8
    A.J Cook seems really sweet and she is so beautiful....For some reason I would love to see the Reid has a crush on JJ angle. I knowthe writershinted at it once but then they dropped the idea all together. I can't picture them as a couple but I can see how Reid could have a secret crush. That would be so much fun to explore. Reid acting more awkward than usual around her, even jealous when he sees she is dating someone.

BAUCTU

[67]Jul 8, 2007
    phf3947 wrote:
    Here's a new interview with AJ (at least it's new to me): Home for a rest.

AJ's done some nice interviews lately. AJ seems so down to earth and not one of your typically media hungry celebs.

BAUCTU

[68]Jul 22, 2007
    A very happy birthday to the lovely AJ.

withoutatrace2

[69]Jul 22, 2007
    • level: 6
    Happy Birthday A.J Cook
    Edited on 07/22/2007 1:46pm

princehunter

[70]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 6
    jj should really get more screen time in the next season,mabye even become a profiler if the wrighters decide to, she's just really ok in the show

izz5980

[72]Aug 6, 2007
    • level: 2
    They're not about to make her a profiler, her character is to integral as it is. The writers have used her character a lot and she has already been the centre of many episodes so I don't realy see the need to increase her screen time too much.

Ellieanne100

[73]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 7

izz5980 wrote:
    They're not about to make her a profiler, her character is to integral as it is. The writers have used her character a lot and she has already been the centre of many episodes so I don't realy see the need to increase her screen time too much.

OMG are you kidding me! She hasn't had nearly the same amount of screen time that everyone else has had, even Garcia's had more screen time, and there's hardly been any episode thats been centered around her.

BAUCTU

[74]Aug 21, 2007
    Ellieanne100 wrote:

izz5980 wrote:

OMG are you kidding me! She hasn't had nearly the same amount of screen time that everyone else has had, even Garcia's had more screen time, and there's hardly been any episode thats been centered around her.

Garcia has had no where near as much screen time as JJ. The programme is about catching the unsubs, they and the victims are what the episodes are centered on just because we get some where one character is more prominent than the others does not mean they all should be. It also isn't a competition to see who gets the most episodes centered around them.

Ellieanne100

[75]Aug 21, 2007
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Ellieanne100 wrote:

izz5980 wrote:

Garcia has had no where near as much screen time as JJ. The programme is about catching the unsubs, they and the victims are what the episodes are centered on just because we get some where one character is more prominent than the others does not mean they all should be. It also isn't a competition to see who gets the most episodes centered around them.

Actually thinking about it, id say JJ and Garcia get around the same amount of screen-time. but i defiantly think theybothneed and more.

You need some episodes to center around the main characters anyway, otherwise we have no idea who they are. The majority of people don't watch shows like this because it centers around the unsubs or victims, they watch because they want to know the backgrounds and progress of the characters they like.Well, i do anyway hehe

izz5980

[76]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 2
    Ellieanne100 wrote:

Actually thinking about it, id say JJ and Garcia get around the same amount of screen-time. but i defiantly think theybothneed and more.

You need some episodes to center around the main characters anyway, otherwise we have no idea who they are. The majority of people don't watch shows like this because it centers around the unsubs or victims, they watch because they want to know the backgrounds and progress of the characters they like.Well, i do anyway hehe

Rubbish, JJ gets more time than Garcia. Some character specific centric episodes are fine but no more than we already have. I also think the majority of fans watch the show for the crimes and the profiling process not to find out every last detail about the characters. I've generally found that those that watch just for character development are akin to those that watch just to see their 'hero' and take little or no notice of anything else that goes on. This could possibly be that they are younger and don't really understand what is going on. JJ is a brilliant character who gets a similar level of screen time as Prentiss and Morgan.
    Edited on 08/21/2007 12:02pm

Finnegan77

[77]Aug 21, 2007
    • level: 27
    JJ is always in the plane scenes, and always at whatever location the team travels to, giving her more opportunity for involvement in the cases. JJ has drawn her gun, been in on arrests, been up front talking with family, and has been utilized much more effectively as season 2 progressed. That said, I would hate to have this show become a struggle for more face time for each of the characters. It works best when these guys work together, playing off each other.

BAUCTU

[78]Aug 21, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    JJ is always in the plane scenes, and always at whatever location the team travels to, giving her more opportunity for involvement in the cases. JJ has drawn her gun, been in on arrests, been up front talking with family, and has been utilized much more effectively as season 2 progressed. That said, I would hate to have this show become a struggle for more face time for each of the characters. It works best when these guys work together, playing off each other.

It seems like some people want equal time for everyone even though that would undoubtable be detremental to the quality of the show. How can a media liasion, however talented she may be, develop an accurate profile? Simple answer is she can't, she can help and she has lots of skills which the others don't but at the end of the day the show is about profiling, the qualified profilers have to take the lead the majority of the time. JJ is nearly always present but perhaps not quite as vocal as the others. Equally how can a computer goddess present a profile or interview victims/witnesses? She can't, not every case can be heavily based on computer sourced information, sometimes they need to get out there and find the unsub themselves or interrogate the hell out of them. Her role is important but it is in a supporting role, there is no realistic way to get round that. However much we love Kirstens work, we can't get any more of her.

Ellieanne100

[79]Aug 21, 2007

BAUCTU wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    It seems like some people want equal time for everyone even though that would undoubtable be detremental to the quality of the show. How can a media liasion, however talented she may be, develop an accurate profile? Simple answer is she can't, she can help and she has lots of skills which the others don't but at the end of the day the show is about profiling, the qualified profilers have to take the lead the majority of the time. JJ is nearly always present but perhaps not quite as vocal as the others. Equally how can a computer goddess present a profile or interview victims/witnesses? She can't, not every case can be heavily based on computer sourced information, sometimes they need to get out there and find the unsub themselves or interrogate the hell out of them. Her role is important but it is in a supporting role, there is no realistic way to get round that. However much we love Kirstens work, we can't get any more of her.

What i would actually like to see is more of the team together. The scenes on the plane, when JJ, Hotch and Reid are playing cards, and morgan talking to Garcia on the phone are great scenes, and it really involves everyone

Ellieanne100

[80]Aug 21, 2007
    izz5980 wrote:
    Ellieanne100 wrote:

Rubbish, JJ gets more time than Garcia. Some character specific centric episodes are fine but no more than we already have. I also think the majority of fans watch the show for the crimes and the profiling process not to find out every last detail about the characters. I've generally found that those that watch just for character development are akin to those that watch just to see their 'hero' and take little or no notice of anything else that goes on. This could possibly be that they are younger and don't really understand what is going on. JJ is a brilliant character who gets a similar level of screen time as Prentiss and Morgan.

From what ive heard about season 2, JJ and Garcia get loads more screen time than they have this season,which i think is great,but so far (season one) they've had hardly any. I havent seen either of them have much screentime yet seeing as though we have only just started season 2. So if she does end up getting just as much screen time as Prentiss and Morgan, thats great, but for the time being, she's not.

Anyhooz, moving on, seeing as though this is about A,J aswell, does anyone have any idea what her husband looks like? Cos i aint never heard or seen him before?

Edited on 08/21/2007 12:36pm