Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: "Carbon Copy" - Spoilers

layle1

[1]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 72
    Please discuss "Carbon Copy" in this thread. This episode was written by Virgil Williams, and directed by Rob Hardy.
    Edited on 02/27/2013 3:40pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

MollyHolzschl

[2]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 8
    Well done episode! I actually feel some comfort over both a few of the painfully poor episodes this season and the arrow-to-the-heart for our beloved Reid upon losing Maeve. I hope the payoff is satisfying, the build up has been sketchy but this episode definitely pulled a lot of loose ends together and leads us into what I hope will be a redemptive arc for this beloved, beleaguered show.

Anyone else think "Rizzo" is remarkably suspicious? The actor who plays him seemed so familiar but I couldn't place him until a second watch-through and I realized, wow, that's "Giovanni" from Rizzoli and Isles. And The Sopranos. And a lot of other stuff. His name is Matthew Del Negro and for such a tall, dark and handsome man he's quite the chameleon as an actor. Incredible range. Another suspicious person to me is Dr. Alex Blake. She's not a particularly warm character and she is still holding on to anger about her past with Strauss regardless of what she says.

Best line of the night, hands down, Rossi to Rizzo "Hey what's with you, you need a hug or something?"

tonyandzivafan

[3]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 41
    MollyHolzschl wrote:
    Anyone else think "Rizzo" is remarkably suspicious? The actor who plays him seemed so familiar but I couldn't place him until a second watch-through and I realized, wow, that's "Giovanni" from Rizzoli and Isles. And The Sopranos. And a lot of other stuff. His name is Matthew Del Negro and for such a tall, dark and handsome man he's quite the chameleon as an actor. Incredible range. Another suspicious person to me is Dr. Alex Blake. She's not a particularly warm character and she is still holding on to anger about her past with Strauss regardless of what she says.

Best line of the night, hands down, Rossi to Rizzo "Hey what's with you, you need a hug or something?"

When you say suspicious, do you mean that they could be part of this? And OMG I can'[t believe I didnt realize that Rizzo is "Giovanni". I *heart him*

the Rossi line was sooo him.

I loved this episode and the main Replicator (a bit unsure if there are multiples or was tonights bad guy just a minion or follower, or what ever one might consider him). Personally, I think the head guy is someone we know(and not who I originally thought it could be when the 'stalking' started). As in Agent Anderson or if I want to go what some might call the crazy route, Kevin Lynch. I have a even crazier one, but I'm a bit hessitant to say.

And I am sorry for back tracking to last week's episode but was the ending to make us believe Blake knows the unsub or head unsub?

MollyHolzschl

[4]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 8
    Yep, I suspect Rizzo might be a dirty cop, or worse. I know, I laughed so hard when I realized Rizzo was Giovanni. It's so obvious on a second watch through, but the first time it didn't even register.