Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: "Closing Time - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Feb 14, 2012
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Closing Time" in this thread. This episode was written by Rick Dunkle and directed by Jesse Warn.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Finnegan77

[2]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 27
    I suppose my response to this week's episode is a surprising, "Not terrible!" Sheesh, what has CM come to when faint praise like that is all that you can hope for?

I will admit that the whole Beth/Hotch thing isn't as horrible as I expected it to be. They've ramped down the 'stalker-esque' qualities of their relationship until it all feels fairly normal and how a man should perhaps move on in his life. And watching TG smile and show some emotion rather than angst and anger is fantastic to say the least. That said, where is Jack in all this? Is he going to be one of those television children who just sort of disappear? I certainly hope not! So I can happily see Beth now moved to the sidelines as Will has been, becoming a character that Morgan and especially Rossi tease Hotch about. (Great elevator scene between Rossi and Hotch. Rossi seems eager for Hotch to 'make a new friend' if only to get '45 minutes, all to myself!' - extra points for those who get the movie reference.)

Watching the team sit around a conference table and actually discuss a case, do some real profiling - that is what made the ep for me. No magic fairy dust (well, Garcia still finds things out like that none of the victims spent money on alcohol before they died - really?) profiling or leaping to crazy conclusions. Again we have a not so 'un'sub thrown in our faces from the get-go, but, can I admit I liked that he seemed so milk-toasty and frumpy and kinda Everyman? No pretty-boy actors trying to play a down-on-his-luck-and-sanity killer, just a guy who would fit in in any semi-sleazy bar in town.

What can I say about BAMF JJ?? (Well, first I can ask what the heck she thought she was doing with the tackling and not waiting for back-up and other real lifey things, but, hey, I'm flexible!) She ROCKED that fight scene! I'm sure all the pent up 'my character has nothing to do!' feelings got utilized here. And her little talk with Reid and Morgan afterward was awesome.

So, good job, Dunkle! This is why I liked you in the first place!

xRyudo

[3]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 4
    JJ was the shining moment of this episode in the end. Who knew she could kick major ass like that?

danharr

[4]Feb 16, 2012
    • level: 45

Dramatic improvement from last week good unsub I like the losers they're the best ones and JJ's fight scene was great.

phf3947

[5]Feb 17, 2012
    • level: 71
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    Watching the team sit around a conference table and actually discuss a case, do some real profiling - that is what made the ep for me.

That's what I thought... profiling? There was profiling in this case? I sure hope this won't be the last time we actually see it, but I'm not betting the ranch on it. The case was a little on the excuse-me-huh-what? side and JJ's fight scene was a little too choreographed. Other than that... Ratings are still going down and there are two more episodes in February sweeps. CBS can't be too happy about that

JessieMarie2

[6]Feb 22, 2012
    • level: 3

I acTully really liked this EP. It is not my favorite but it actually had profiling in it and the Beth hotch thing isn't all that bad!! She is so cute and quirky! They seem like the perfect match but when are they going to bring jack back in the picture!!! However I wasn't the biggest fan of the jj fight Scean she did kick add but where is the back up and the rest of the team do they not hear them FIGHTING till the very end? But it was not a horrible EP as I said b4 I would give it an 8! Cannot wait till tonight!!!