Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: "God Complex" - Spoilers

layle1

[1]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 72
    Please discuss "God Complex" in this thread. This episode was written by Breen Frazier and directed by Larry Teng.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evilcleo

[2]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 2

Well, I finally got my Reid episode I've been wanting. Not only did they finally update us on his headaches (guess it was a nutritional thing?), they also opened up a huge mystery and introduced a female who could keep up with Reid. I still don't likeBlake but if the writers let her open up and show some emotion and personality, maybe she won't be so bad. I can't decide until we see her bond with the other regular characters.

Nonetheless, I didn't appreciate thecase but that'sfor personal reasons. First of all, I hate the sight of blood and natural injuries like the stitching the unsub did. I watch CM because it typically concentrates on the mental reasons, not the physical evidence or use of gore. Or the person is already dead and it isn't shown, just mentioned. Second, was that really New Mexico? I live inNew Mexico and the onlysuggestions thatthis episode took place there is the sign on the glass door of the police station and the mention of Mexico and cartels. The background city they used didn't fit. As a native, I wished for a better representation of my state.

danharr

[3]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 45

Case was mildly interesting the whole mad scientist thing. Not sure about the Reid mystery girl gimmick and why be so secretive just to reveal it all so blatantly?

tonyandzivafan

[4]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 41
    Enjoyed the case. And I have a sneaking suspicion who the mystery female is. Well the actress that plays her. It sounded like Beth Riesgraf (Parker from Leverage). Any thoughts on who the mystery woman is (actress wise)? And why meeting Reid would put her in danger? Personally, my mind went to whomever took the creepy stalker pics of the team & that their is a connection.

61jacqueline

[5]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 4
    That´s amazing, Tonyandzivafan! I´ve reached the same results in my search: Beth Riesgraf! And then I read your post - and the same guess! I don´t even know her real voice - because I remember her only from the French version of one episode of NCIS (with the Frech voice-over), where she was a guest star. I recognized her features - nose, mouth and eyes, which are really specific. She only made me uncertain with the dark hair.. So I´m happy we have the same findings! Typologically, I think she is a great match to Reid, he needs someone who looks even more fragile than he does, and who has interesting and unmistakeable features.

61jacqueline

[6]Oct 27, 2012
    • level: 4
    I hope that there is no connection with the presumed unsub with the stalker pictures. I would rather think that "he" is just a super jealous and violent husband. Why should "he" be interested in all members of the team, and not just Reid? "He" probably treats her like his possession - because he loves her and would never let her go. It means he is passionate and capable of obsessive love and is oversensitive and overemotional. Therefore he is not that cold-blooded creep who would stalk Reid friends for months and leave her wife home alone to talk for hours with Reid on the phone. Paranoic husband who atill doesn´t know about them seems more realistic to me. This is what I know from my own experience (the psychopathic kind of jealousy) and I found her defeatist reaction completely appropriate - she doesn´t want "him" to hurt Reid, because she knows what´s her husband capable of.. so she has obviously intention to stay in the abusive relationship ("for now") to protect Reid. Her husband may not hurt and kill anybody yet, but if he found out about the secret platonic lover, he might turn into a killer easily. Ergo he still doesn´t know about Reid - the wife would definitely know, because this form of psychopathy reveals in very spontaneous and passionate ways - he would beat her and question her about the secret caller immediately, and then he would want to hurt Reid, and definitely not any of his team members. These creeps want to hurt exactly the people responsible for his suffering right away, he would never stalk Reid´s team members first and plan some major vengeance.

ascendedlolkit

[7]Oct 28, 2012
    • level: 1

Maybe "he" collects geniuses.

Finnegan77

[8]Oct 29, 2012
    • level: 27
    Honestly, I find the whole "Reid's secret woman" thing eye-rollingly bad. Seriously? How did they meet, exactly? If she is a geneticist, how could she have gotten her education while being kept under lock and key at home by this presumed horrible husband/father/serial killer? And how did she arrange this diabolical phone call run around if she's under someone's thumb? And, the best reason of all, why would a genius profiler like our Doctor Reid not have all kinds of alarm bells going off in his head because of this woman's situation?? It's teeth-clenchingly bad! First painting Reid as a guy who would not investigate her situation, who isn't smart enough to realize he should not be in the middle of this, or who would completely ignore his responsibilities as a federal agent if someone he knew was indeed being mistreated. Reid isn't stupid. And he's also not going to ignore criminal activity.

And, of course, now genius Dr. Reid needs someone to help him profile?? Oy, what is he, a new recruit? Can't think his way out of a paper bag without his new girl to help him? This is a cringeworthy plot diversion with enough holes to sink Australia.

The case was just gross. Were they profiling or just following up clues left by the unsub? Still unsure how two victims makes it a case for the BAU - they were called in long before any other victims were found. Suddenly it seems as if regular criminals have to be caught by the BAU because local law enforcement has forgotten how to solve crimes.

NeeUyank

[9]Nov 18, 2012
    • level: 7

I just completed watching this episode and I said "this is parker from leverage" the minute I saw her lips&chin close-up and and combined it with the eyes.. and her voice just made it clear.. now reading this thread, I'm glad I was right and she is a perfect match as well as a perfect story arch for reid..