Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official discussion thread: "Heathridge Manor" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Apr 3, 2012
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Heathridge Manor" in this thread. This episode was written by Sharon Lee Watson and directed by Matthew Gray Gubler.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HollyQuinn3

[2]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 1
    CANT WAIT!!!!! stayin up till like 2am so i can watch it (dissadvantages to living in the England)

nutmeg0963

[3]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 2

We are cooking with gas!! And another one has been filed into my faves for season 7. Engaging plotline, enjoyed the profiling, the full nine yards...

My only complaint was not nearly enough Reid, but I loved the part when he figured out the connection between the numbers and the dates. Hotch's tumble with the unsub was well-choreographed, and I literally l-o-led when Garcia defended the Renaissance fair: "and hey, it's not just a bunch of nerds in costumes eating turkey legs, you guys." (Ren Fest is a pretty big deal in my area of the country.)

Kudos to the Gube for another fabulous directorial performance! Given his stated penchant for ghost stories and the macabre as per interviews, I'm not at all surprised he took this ep on. Probably lobbied for it. Excellent job!

JessieMarie2

[4]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 3

If I could give this episoid an 10000 I would this is by far one of my favorite ep and defently the best this season in my opinion!!!! My heart was racing the whole time and it kept me guessing but that's just the begging! The plot was so amazing and pretty original for the most part and I thaught the characters were well written out and they cast them well ( except the girl). Also the directing was amazing and the shots were so intriguing may I add I love mgg! I just thaught the ep was well planned out had an amazing plot and great characters we saw a balance of the team and unsub and we still got to see reid/ mgg even though he directed it I loved it why???

nutmeg0963

[5]Apr 4, 2012

Oh yeah, and nice ending between the young girl and "demonic" delusion. May the insanity keep galloping right on through that family...!

JessieMarie2

[6]Apr 4, 2012
    • level: 3
    I loved the end!

Sp3kkie

[7]Apr 5, 2012
    • level: 7

This is what makes Criminal Minds a great show. Man this was a great episode. And great casting too, I read here that someone didn't liked the casting of the girl. But I think it was a great casting job. She looked just like a girl who would look up to her brother and easily influenced by him.

As far as the story. I have few questions. Maybe I didn't pay attention enough, but I was missing some victims. The second victim they found was Alice, and as far as I know she was the third one on the wall. So three more. He then abducted one, but turned out to be she wasn't a devils wife. So still 3 victims. Right before that he told his sister. There was only one more. Then it would be five, if the last one was a witch. So I'm at least missing one woman for his plan. And also, some of the dates are not even past. So was he lying to his sister or what?

As far as the dates. That's what makes the show this good. I mean, I watch it for this long that even I thought of dates the first moment I saw the numbers. So Ipaused the episode to look closer. I noticed it was to long, so I thought of cutting of some parts. And naturally it would be the 11's because that year is passed. But even then there was no date to recognized. So I did give up. And then there comes theexplanation. Man it suprised me as well as it made me a little bit proud that I was thinking of it, but as you can understand I need more episodes and practicing to do it right.

So to conclude. Make more episodes

Solnisko

[8]Apr 5, 2012

I liked this episode. Especially at the end when all team was divided and somewhere hides the unsub. I liked Hotch in action! He looked great!

It would be great to see Hotch in action at the season finale.

danharr

[9]Apr 8, 2012
    • level: 45

Episode was good but that ending. Are we to assume that by some miracle that girl was cleared by a psychiatrist or did her families money pass her through the system?