Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: "Lucky" - Spoilers

Finnegan77

[21]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 27
    A great episode all around - the pacing was brilliant from beginning to end. Although the actual story was rather disgusting, I have to admit it was well done. All the characters were great, the reactions were believable.

I HAVE to know why that guy with too many names shot our Garcia - wasn't she fabulous tonight? There's got to be a story behind this - it was a set up from the beginning if you ask me. Am I worried that they'll kill off Garcia? No, but I'm going to have my fingers crossed all week just to make sure.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jww047

[22]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 16
    This episode was by far the best of the series. The bodies were very terribly found, and I can not believe how that guy could have done what he did. And I especially can not believe that he fed Tracey to all the team members, it made me want to puke. As for Garcia, I feel so bad for her. She finally gets a date, and she has a wonderful time. When Colby said, "I've been waiting to do this all night," she turned around and probably thought that he wanted to kiss her, that is why she was smiling so big, but he shot her. And in the previews, that was terrifying. Poor Garcia is now fighting for life, and I don't think the team even knows what is going on. But I had a feeling that the guy had a gun at the end, and now I have a feeling that Garcia will pull through and survive.

stdmitch

[23]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 4
    I was a faithful viewer of this show until MP left. I just turned the channel and saw Garcia get shot!!! Next to Reid she is my all time favorite character. What happened and what did Morgan say to her???

CMJunkie

[24]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 8
    I am still freaking out. What a creepy episode. The unsub was amazing (well.. the ACTOR was!!! Bravo to Jamie Kennedy!).... the writing was fab... the acting!!! WOW those guys really pulled it off! Prentiss,when she saw the kitchen? VERY NICE reaction.... Morgan has so much he is struggling with.... I think he and Rossi are going to end up being much closer than he and Gideon were. WOW
    Edited on 11/14/2007 7:42pm

Buffy_Chick

[25]Nov 14, 2007
    CrazyLady9 wrote:
    On another note, any other Canucks out there notice the new prevent-it commercial? It was so gruesome for a second I thought it was part of CM. (Really, why would they show a woman drenching herself in boiling water like that in primetime commercial anyways?)

Another Canuck here, but I didn't see what you were talking about. Was probably too busy wearing an expression that was a mix of a jaw drop and a grin... very difficult thing to do.

Anyway I'm not surprised at the ending at all, because I read a spoiler... completely accidental... but yeah so I knew it was going to happen... LOVED Garcia's snappy tone to Morgan though! Brilliant! Definately can't wait for next week!! *bounces in excitement)

Is it wrong that the unsub made me laugh??
    Let me explain...
    Throughout the whole episode, I kept thinking that the unsub reminded me of a friend's unsub in a fanfic... especially when it got to the eating people part. And then I simply cracked up laughing when we found out his name was Floyd! (obviously the same name said friend's unsub had) I couldn't even begin to look at the the show's unsub the same way from then on. I kept getting thoughts of the other Floyd... *grins*

And honestly, how creepy! Feeding the victim to the people... ew ew ew ew ew! and EW for good measure.

Overall friggin brilliant episode!
    I love our writers!
    Lets hope we get many more to come! And soon!

KillerQueen71

[26]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 2

I have to say it was very strange to see Jamie Kennedy in this role, weird as it was, but i found him somewhat convincing. "God is in all of us, my son." "So isTracey Lambert"... that line will haunt me for a little while.

ICANT WAIT forthe next episode!! IthoughtGarcia's date would attack her or stalk her, butI really didn't think he was gonna shoot her!!! (I predict the first thingMorgan will say to her when she wakes from surgery- I've decided to stay positive- will be "Good morning" to which she'llreply, "I'llshow you a good morning" or whatever line she usually says in response to Morgan's greetings.)

laepelba

[27]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 6
    Okay, now that I'm almost done saying "OMG OMG OMG" ... I wonder ... is anyone else convinced that this guy sought out Garcia for some reason that had to do wtih her job? As if he was sitting where he knew she would come for coffee and struggled loudly with his computer when she walked by because he knew she would want to help ... etc., etc. Hmmm....

ScaryFanGirl

[28]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    I am so angry! If they kill her off I dont know what i'll do. She was my favorite character. ITS NOT COOL,man, its not cool. Are they seriously going to kill off or get rid of all the orginal people? Or are they going to pull that BS where she's going to be emotionally damaged and such because she was such a cool and fun character.

SeerMagicX

[29]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 16

laepelba wrote:
    Okay, now that I'm almost done saying "OMG OMG OMG" ... I wonder ... is anyone else convinced that this guy sought out Garcia for some reason that had to do wtih her job? As if he was sitting where he knew she would come for coffee and struggled loudly with his computer when she walked by because he knew she would want to help ... etc., etc. Hmmm....

ofcourse, i knew she was in trouble from the get go. morgan didn't lie to her.

oceanavenue2006

[30]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 4

Before this episode, I was wondering which I considered my favorite of the series. I think I might've found it--and if not, it sure is up there! I LOVED LOVED LOVED how twisted this case was (call me creepy, but I get into things like that...). Even though there wasn't enough Reid for my taste, I thought it was such a gripping ep! I saw it coming with Garcia's guy... when he went to hug her I thought he might stab her, but then when he wasn't completely out of focus when she turned to go inside I knew he'd shoot her.

And I don't think they're going to kill her off. As many others have pointed out, it is Nov sweeps, and we probably would've heard rumors if she was leaving the show...

Can't WAIT for next Wednesday!!!

nlp3

[31]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 12
    Oh my God. I wasn't even excepting that. My tv's down in my room so I had to watch it in my brother's and I about fell over and he was staring at me like I was insane.

Who the hell is that guy?

Japan3gro

[32]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 1
    I can see Morgan being the main star of her case. This is just like that other episode of the woman luring men out of bars and killing them. Morgan shouldn't have problem describing the unsub at all since he knows what Garcia likes. Should be a good show none the less.

CMJunkie

[33]Nov 14, 2007
    Did I hear correctly that, in the preview, Hotch said "we aren't doing anything else until we find the person who did this" ? Yikes! I wouldn't want to be on the bad side of our good guys!!!

Junkyxl19

[34]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 12

WTF!!!! My heart just stopped for a second! ffs! they cannot kill Garcia!! I knew that guy was too good to be true but never ever thought he was gonne shoot her............

Episode was great though but also very disgusting.

my heart is still beating crazy , lol

demondog888

[35]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 3

Buffy_Chick wrote:
    CrazyLady9 wrote:
    On another note, any other Canucks out there notice the new prevent-it commercial? It was so gruesome for a second I thought it was part of CM. (Really, why would they show a woman drenching herself in boiling water like that in primetime commercial anyways?)

Another Canuck here, but I didn't see what you were talking about. Was probably too busy wearing an expression that was a mix of a jaw drop and a grin... very difficult thing to do.

I didn't see whatever commercial you're talking about either. O_o?

laepelba wrote:

I mentioned that to my mom (with whom I was watching the show). I wondered if he deliberately chose her or if it was completely random (he would've picked anyone who helped him).After reading the blurb for next week and reading some of the replies here, I'm pretty sure it's the former.

I don't think they will kill her off either. And Morgan will make it a vendetta to find this guy. Next week should be a great episode.

LM

tonyandzivafan

[36]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 41

My only rationale to why he shot her was she did something either in her pastand this was revenge or it has to do with an old case that this guy felt she was responsible for. Whatever it was it was specific. its not like the team themselves were getting threatened and she happened to be the victim. She was the intened target. Ugh. my heart is stil RaCiNg like so many others!!!!

SHE WILL LIVE!!!!!!

2010Platypus

[37]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 13

Wow. That was an amazing episode.

The case was incredibly intense, and I loved how they brought Morgan and his past into it. It was very interesting about how Morgan opened up to the priest and alluded to what happened to him which gave even more insight to his past. Back to the case, it was really neat to see how Rossi impacted it with his extensive knowledge of satanic killers. I have to agree wtih Oceanavenue2006 on the facts that there wasn't enough Reid, and that the case was really disturbing which I loved. However, Floyd telling Morgan and the priest that Tracey Lambert is inside everyone.... well that will send shivers up my spine for a while.

On the lighter side of things, Reid's line, "You can't believe in one if you don't believe in the other" made my mouth drop. I couldn't believe he said it! Also, I loved Prentiss telling Morgan, the man who would seem to know the most about women and relationships with them, exactly what he did wrong. Pricless!

Now, the big issue, Garcia. Well, I'll admit it, I spoiled it for myself and I knew it was coming. However, all through the episode, I kept waiting for the why. That is the one thing that will keep me guessing this week, why Garcia? She didn't seem to know Colby (that's all I remember about him). Why her?

Also, one last note/concern, does this seem really familiar to FK1 and 2? I mean, yes, it was Elle, and she was shot by the unsub of the current case, but same weapon, same area of the wound, according to the promo Garcia will flat line like Elle. Don't get me wrong; I loved FK2, but I don't really want a repeat of that storyline.

So, overall, great episode. I can't wait for next week to know what does happen!

Finnegan77

[38]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 27
    2010Platypus wrote:
    Also, one last note/concern, does this seem really familiar to FK1 and 2? I mean, yes, it was Elle, and she was shot by the unsub of the current case, but same weapon, same area of the wound, according to the promo Garcia will flat line like Elle. Don't get me wrong; I loved FK2, but I don't really want a repeat of that storyline.

So, overall, great episode. I can't wait for next week to know what does happen!

I couldn't help but see the obvious parallels to FK as well. A female team member is shot, flatlines, and I would not be at all surprised if there are more similarities. I hope this is a purposeful, well-thought-out device, meaningfully similar to Elle's shooting, and not a "we're going to do this once every season" type of scenario. Surely the great CM writers are trying to tell us something here.

Buffy_Chick

[39]Nov 14, 2007
    demondog888 wrote:
    Buffy_Chick wrote:
    CrazyLady9 wrote:

I didn't see whatever commercial you're talking about either. O_o?

Funny what we miss when we're in shock... or just generally not paying attantion.

I really loved everything about this episode though. It was intense, and creepy, and just glorious!
    Can't wait for next weeks for a number of reasons! Morgan's going to be fantastic in it, I can already tell. And I can't wait for one of the guest stars. And of course, to find out what happens with Garcia!
    I'm confidant she's not going to die, but it would be too easy if she made it through without some complications.

YoshimiK

[40]Nov 14, 2007
    • level: 3
    Damn that was an awesome episode. Pen getting shot was shocking! I actually screamed. ^^ Silly I know, but it happens. Geeze, what is it with CBS doing things to my favorite characters. First CSI and now CM. They're conspiring to give me a heart attack. Anyway, I think...no scratch that, I know Morgan is going to be highly pissed about something happening to his girl (yeah I'm a Morgan/Garcia shipper). I think he might end up going off on his own when he finds out what happened. Well, after he checks on her and everything. Can't wait until next week!