Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: "Lucky" - Spoilers

Cortezzz123

[81]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 6

omg..the ending was a chocker, never expected to see garcia get shooted

and the bbq thing that everbody was eating the girls flesh kinda creep me out

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cbminfo

[82]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 3
    RyanWolfeFan wrote:
    They cannot kill Garcia!! If they do, they WILL loose a viewer. I do understand however that this is Nov sweeps and they do this to get us hooked. Hello, Revelations, the Big Game anyone? The only problem is, she was shot in her heart. There is almost no chance of her living. They better be some damn good doctors. I'm keeping my fingers crossed though....

Heart is in the center of your chest. She was shot in her left shoulder. once. The question is what happened next ? If he wanted her dead,that wouldn't be the end. Garcia was just standing there shocked. Does he finish her off ? Does Garcia pull out a gun and do him in ?

Whatever they do, they can't get rid of Garcia..

highwaykind

[83]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 16
    Well, I hope Garcia will be OK!
    And I'm pretty sure next time she's going to run her potential future date through all databases she's got access to.

Rossi is fitting in really well by the way!!
    I do have some trouble with his 'accent' at times (in need of subtitles), what city is he/JM from?? ('accent' because I know mine is worse/thicker).

Larexx

[84]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 11
    From reading the perviews, I knew Garcia's date was going to end badly. I was surprised she was shot but not shocked! The preview for next week says a team member fights for their life so she is still alive when found. They will be showing her at ages 5,9 & 20. So we will learn alot of background info on her next week. Hotch seems determined to find her attacker & Morgan will somehow feel responsible so the team will stop at nothing to find him. Now I can't believed no one has come to the same conclusion as me. Colby & Floyd are working together!!! That's right, I said working together! When interviewing Floyd Morgan had his recipe book. The 1st recipe was called "Kobe Girl Stew" with hand drawn illustrations on where to cut the "meat". Spelled incorrectly by dumb Floyd. Floyd also said he had a smart friend who told him stuff. Colby could be the smart friend. Floyd also said that skinny girls tasted bad so the attraction was to women with meat on their bones. Our poor Penelope has meaty bones! That was Colby's initial attraction to her. He thought mmm, tasty, literally!! Then on the plane home Morgan said Floyd was the luckiest person ever & asked if he could have had help from "something". Rossi discounted the idea thinking he meant the devil but what if Morgan was right & Floyd was getting help. From Colby!! If I were a betting person, I'd bet I was right about this. Can't wait til next week to find out!!

Finnegan77

[85]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 27
    Larexx wrote:
    When interviewing Floyd Morgan had his recipe book. The 1st recipe was called "Kobe Girl Stew" with hand drawn illustrations on where to cut the "meat". Spelled incorrectly by dumb Floyd.

Kobe beef = beef from cows fed on a rich diet and hand massaged daily. It is not a misspelling of 'Colby'. Interesting theory, but I don't buy it. Also, I think many people don't want to be spoiled about upcoming episodes - we've run into this problem before on episode threads, so you might want to use spoiler coding if you know something particular about another episode.

SeerMagicX

[86]Nov 15, 2007
    i don't understand how everyone could be shocked

flowerxchild

[87]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 4
    I agree, I totally saw the whole Garcia thing coming. But I still think it's a good story line. Like someone said before it sounds a lot like revelations and FK2 and the flashbacks will only make it more alike. I think Garcia will definately make it. We haven't heard anything about Kristen leaving so I think we're safe. Maybe Reid, Elle, and Garcia can start a therapy group? jk

highwaykind

[88]Nov 15, 2007
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    Larexx wrote:
    When interviewing Floyd Morgan had his recipe book. The 1st recipe was called "Kobe Girl Stew" with hand drawn illustrations on where to cut the "meat". Spelled incorrectly by dumb Floyd.

Kobe beef = beef from cows fed on a rich diet and hand massaged daily. It is not a misspelling of 'Colby'. Interesting theory, but I don't buy it. Also, I think many people don't want to be spoiled about upcoming episodes - we've run into this problem before on episode threads, so you might want to use spoiler coding if you know something particular about another episode.

I thought Kobe Girl was clever wordplay on Kobe Gril(l).. (indeed from Kobe beef...I'm losing my appetite all over again here...)

smartchick

[89]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 4

Don't worry folks; I'm fairly certain those of you worried about Garcia's survival can sleep at night.

I've know this was coming for several months, but even still, I found myself squealing at the TV, "Nooo! They can't shoot our tech analyst! She's the happy one!" My roommate couldn't stop laughing at me (I forced her to watch the ep with me; after all, I'm in the middle of the process of brainwashing her...)

Now, obviously I have no idea what's going to happen in "Penelope." But, between the circumstances and watching next week's promos, I was rather bothered by the parallel to "Fisher King Part 2." I don't know; I guess it just felt like a eerily similar replica to last year's episode, except for the unsubs and the actresses-in-distress getting switched out. I just got the feeling of "Oh boy, here we go again!" I hope the writers don't turn this into a repeat of the dilemma surrounding Elle's shooting, but it's probably a safe bet that there'll be a difference.

Excellent episode; Jamie Kennedy's acting was terrific. I'm still marveling at the brilliance of the final twist concerning Tracy Lambert - shocking, unexpected, and definitely a bone-chilling summary: "God is in all of us." "So is Tracy Lambert...(laughter ensuing)"

I liked that the writers delved into Morgan's struggle faith and spirituality; any sort of sub-plot that more distinctly defines a character makes me happy. What Reid said to him may have been more direct than the majority of us would've dared to have been, but I do agree with it: (paraphrasing) If you believe in the devil, then how can you not believe in God? Notice that Morgan didn't get upset per se when Reid told him that; those two have always been honest and up-front with each other. He got defensive,and I don't blame him. The statement itself just made him uncomfortable. Stuff like that is incredibly personal, and had the topic not been brought up in front of the entire group, I think Morgan would've been more willing to discuss it with Reid.

Edited on 11/15/2007 2:17pm

CMJunkie

[90]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    flowerxchild wrote:
    I agree, I totally saw the whole Garcia thing coming. But I still think it's a good story line. Like someone said before it sounds a lot like revelations and FK2 and the flashbacks will only make it more alike. I think Garcia will definately make it. We haven't heard anything about Kristen leaving so I think we're safe. Maybe Reid, Elle, and Garcia can start a therapy group? jk

Anyone who read the episode guides saw "it"coming.... but for me, it was the method of delivery. I kept expecting a stabbing when he hugged her, or going inside for a nightcap, and capping Garcia instead... the whole sweet smile "Hey Garcia...." thing is what blew me away (no pun intended). Your heart is under your breast bone /left breast area.... not your collarbone.... lots of damage to be done, but not a direct hit.

BAUCTU

[91]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 14
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    A great episode all around - the pacing was brilliant from beginning to end. Although the actual story was rather disgusting, I have to admit it was well done. All the characters were great, the reactions were believable.

I HAVE to know why that guy with too many names shot our Garcia - wasn't she fabulous tonight? There's got to be a story behind this - it was a set up from the beginning if you ask me. Am I worried that they'll kill off Garcia? No, but I'm going to have my fingers crossed all week just to make sure.

You're going to find it awful difficult to get anything done this week with your fingers crossed all the time.

Poor Pen, so excited about such a cute guy wanting to date her, and he turns out to be a psycho. This episode really had the ick factor in buckets full, bit of leg for dinner anyone?

Finnegan77

[92]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 27
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    A great episode all around - the pacing was brilliant from beginning to end. Although the actual story was rather disgusting, I have to admit it was well done. All the characters were great, the reactions were believable.

I HAVE to know why that guy with too many names shot our Garcia - wasn't she fabulous tonight? There's got to be a story behind this - it was a set up from the beginning if you ask me. Am I worried that they'll kill off Garcia? No, but I'm going to have my fingers crossed all week just to make sure.

You're going to find it awful difficult to get anything done this week with your fingers crossed all the time.

Poor Pen, so excited about such a cute guy wanting to date her, and he turns out to be a psycho. This episode really had the ick factor in buckets full, bit of leg for dinner anyone?

Full buckets of ick, I agree. I wonder if anyone had the same thought as I did - the last scene with Morgan entering the church with his eyes full of tears happened chronologically after he'd heard about Garcia's shooting. He's feeling particularly guilty about the whole thing, n'est pas?

Prup-aka-JBentn

[93]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 10

The problem with Reid's statement is not "If you believe in the Devil, you have to believe in God" but the reverse -- "If you believe in God, you have to believe in the Devil." A good many religions, including many branches of Christianity, would argue THAT one. (As for me, I believe in neither, but let's not get off on that delightful but irrelevant side track.)

tonyandzivafan

[94]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 41

Finnegan77 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    Finnegan77 wrote:
    A great episode all around - the pacing was brilliant from beginning to end. Although the actual story was rather disgusting, I have to admit it was well done. All the characters were great, the reactions were believable. I HAVE to know why that guy with too many names shot our Garcia - wasn't she fabulous tonight? There's got to be a story behind this - it was a set up from the beginning if you ask me. Am I worried that they'll kill off Garcia? No, but I'm going to have my fingers crossed all week just to make sure.
    You're going to find it awful difficult to get anything done this week with your fingers crossed all the time. Poor Pen, so excited about such a cute guy wanting to date her, and he turns out to be a psycho. This episode really had the ick factor in buckets full, bit of leg for dinner anyone?
    Full buckets of ick, I agree. I wonder if anyone had the same thought as I did - the last scene with Morgan entering the church with his eyes full of tears happened chronologically after he'd heard about Garcia's shooting. He's feeling particularly guilty about the whole thing, n'est pas?

Well I think Morgan is in the church b/c he is praying for Garcia to be ok.

The idea that there was a partner is poss. but I dont think its Colby.It could be though.

BAUCTU

[95]Nov 15, 2007
    tonyandzivafan wrote:

Well I think Morgan is in the church b/c he is praying for Garcia to be ok.

The idea that there was a partner is poss. but I dont think its Colby.It could be though.

I don't think the two cases were in any way connected. Garcia was maybe just unlucky or a specific target but there is nothing to connect it to a canibal case.

I don't think you would get Morgan in a church whilst they were waiting to hear if Garcia was ok, he would be right there at the hospital. So either she's dead or he hasn't heard yet. I'd go for the later, if that is the case it's not going to do a lot for his spiritual beliefs.

danharr

[96]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 45
    Wow and i'm going to try to eat gumbo after that one! Jamie Kennedy did a great job as the psycho this episode hit everything wonderfully. First the insanity of the health care and justice sentence hey he's eighteen lets let him go. Then we had another Morgan moment hating God for not rescuing him from the pervert of his childhood. We had an incredible case lots of fun this one and one hell of an ending. Then we had the real ending that psycho shooting Garcia wow they threw a curve with this one during sweeps and not being slowed by the writers strike. It looks like they had a few in the can before the strike went into affect i'm so glad cause if I to wait till 08 to find what happen to Garcia I wouldn't be happy and i'm not 100% convinced she'll live I don't think that's guaranteed.
    Edited on 11/15/2007 4:19pm

Imajazzbandnerd

[97]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 13
    spongedudeman wrote:
    She had better not be dead! My mouth was wide open the entire commercial break.

my reaction EXACTLY!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GARCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

That's all. I'm off to hyper-ventilate somemore

Sagitariusbri86

[98]Nov 15, 2007
    Why Gracia?????, I hope that dude got a great excuse for shooting her, she brings the jokes and the fun and they shoot her. But anyway another crazy episode and I was getting sick watching this episode, just to think crazy people like that live among us, it is crazy.

dbcsdragon

[99]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 12

I loved this episode. One of my favorites so far. Floyd was awesomely creepy. At first I thought that the priest might be in on it during the interrogation, but the actuality was much better. "Tracy is in us all."I have despised Rossi ever since he came on and this episode only made me hate him more. Great charater development forMorgan.

I had to record the show because I wouldn't be in, but I got home and turned it on during the last second, meaning to turn it to another channel. All I sawwas Garcia's surprised look, and at first assumed that she witnessed her date kill someone.Boy am I a terrible guesser. Can't wait till next week.

mistyann21

[100]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 7

Ok The Actual case was discusting, plain and simple ( but I did like it better then the one they did that seemed like they where coping Saw That was just boreing and stupid). It was gross and creepy and searously disturbing, expecially the thing where he had put the girl in the chili and fed it to the volunteers, I did NOT see that comming, i knew there would be a twist, but I was SO not expecting that, I have to say the recipe book was just wierd ( and as grusome as it was the names that it showed just seemed kinda funny to me, like the chili I think when it flashed on the bored it said like Chick'n Chili or something like thatall of them had some word like girl or she or whatever in the name, It was just so odd) . As far as the thing with Garcia That just made NO sense what so ever. There was NO reason for him too shoot her, and even if he was just a random wierdo psycho whatever, why would he wait till the end of the date and shoot her on the porch that was just stupid! If he would have attacked her or shot her somewhere along the way on the date that would at least kind of make sense, or if they went into the house that would have maby make sense, but shoot her out on the porch, in what im assuming is a fairly public area, Come on that just dosent make sense. Dont get me wrong, Garcia is one of my favorite characters ( her and Reid and Morgan) And I dont want them to kill her off but it annoyed me even more the way they set the scene the what they actually did. I think thats because I really dont think they are going to kill her off. She'll pull through, I think this will just make all the other characters more aware of and protective of her. She is like the heart of the group, not to mention the only bit of any comic ice breaker IN the entire show. Her play with morgan is what lightnes up the scenes that are otherwise grusome and disturbing, she kinda gives you more of anormal personreaction to the crimes. I think they did this to push her more into the center of the group because she is usually just kinda on the side you know.

By the way did anyone else notice this, I dont know if the writers did it on purpous or not but the guys names ( first, middle, and last) all started with F it sounded so odd to me. and F is the sixth letter of the alphabet so its kinda like 666 is IN his name, it just stuck out at mewith all the satanism assosated with the guy, I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that and if it was on purpous or just a wierd conicedence.