Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Official discussion thread: "Lucky" - Spoilers

CMJunkie

[101]Nov 15, 2007
    • level: 8
    Good point about the "F" and "6" ! I would imagine it was intentional... our awesome writers are always throwing in little "viewer puzzles" As far as having a reason for waiting to shoot Garcia on the porch... umm.... is there a valid time for shooting anyone just because you feel like it?????
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Buffy_Chick

[102]Nov 16, 2007
    Oooo like the FFF-666 idea. That's brilliant. I'm either the first or last person to catch onto details like that... and only if my mind wanders. I would naver have caught that. Like I said... Brilliant!

djariya

[103]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 19
    Just finished watching it today and that was one hell of an episode. The ending was so out of the blue that I totally didn't see it coming. Garcia should have trusted Derek's instincts. I wonder what that guys motive was to take Garcia on a date and then shoot her out of the blue?

CMJunkie

[104]Nov 16, 2007
    [QUOTE="djariya"] Garcia should have trusted Derek's instincts. [QUOTE] Garcia should have trusted GARCIA's instincts.... she brushed the guy off because Morgan told her to follow her gut... but then she "betrayed herself" when Derek hurt her feelings / pride.
    Edited on 11/16/2007 6:12am

LucyGarnett

[105]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 7
    I just saw the episode "Lucky" and Penpole get shot.. Do you think (now this is just hypothetical thinking) that the guy that shot her is going to be the tech-Savy for the BAU?? I mean they are going to have to bring someone new in until Garica gets better. Because, she cannot die. Then when the team starts to invesitgate he sends on wild ghoose chases? Then one of the team most likely JJ or Reid figures it out...????

Buffy_Chick

[106]Nov 16, 2007
    LucyGarnett wrote:
    I just saw the episode "Lucky" and Penpole get shot.. Do you think (now this is just hypothetical thinking) that the guy that shot her is going to be the tech-Savy for the BAU?? I mean they are going to have to bring someone new in until Garica gets better. Because, she cannot die. Then when the team starts to invesitgate he sends on wild ghoose chases? Then one of the team most likely JJ or Reid figures it out...????

Good idea, would make for a good ep... buuuuut I'm 99.99999% sure that's not going to happen.
    Knowing one of the guest stars for next week and the role he plays makes that impossible.

But I won't say much since that's getting almost spoilerish for next week. I'm just excited for that guest star because he used to be in one of my old favorite shows... this'll be the first thing I've seen him in since.

jinx7985

[107]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 1

first of all... i was thinking of how morgan seems to be in the church at the end of the episode, so i figure he's gonna be in the church when he hears about garcia, further complicating his spiritual struggles.

i was also thinking, what if she is ok, but they gloss over it, kind of like how they did with reid after revelations.

i did think about the possibility of colby being in cahoots with floyd (why not, stranger things have happened on this show). most times when they introduce a character in a show or book or whatever, they have a way of coming back and being the resolution to the conflict in some way. but i did think that when he trutned around and said, i've been thinking of this all night" he was going to taze her and steal her or something like that, so when e didn't, i was shocked.

and they keep doing this last 30 seconds shocker in all these episodes and whatnot. NCIS has done it. The Unit has done it. The shock value is diminishing in these last secong shockers for me.

andromeda62

[108]Nov 16, 2007

This is probably WAY off, but here it goes.

Floyd said that he has a partner much smarter than he. And when he asked for the priest, I thought it was because he was feeling remorseful, but instead he laughed about feeding the girl to the searchers. The writer's job is to keep you from guessing who the murderer is. The priest looked pretty innocent to us the viewers and to the BAU at that point. I think that Floyd's partner is the priest. I read somewhere where it said that feeding the communion wafer to the faithful is "symbolic cannibalism" (we're eating the body of Christ). Floyd feeds the fingers of past victims to his victims, makes them in effect a cannibal. I don't know why the priest would do such things, haven't figured that out yet. I know Floyd is his parishioner, were the victims also in his parish? The victims were females, so maybe there's a resentment towards women? Priests are supposed to renounce women and sex, so no man who truly loves women/sex would want to become a priest (although pedophiles abound in the church).

I don't know why Colby shot Garcia, that was atrue shocker, never saw it coming. They say the BAU thinks her shooter is close to the investigation. That COULD tie him to Floyd and maybe he's the partner, but why didn't he take Garcia to kill/eat? Can't wait till next week!

cbsfan

[109]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 4
    I don't think Floyd's partner is the priest because the priest had such an authentic, violent, knee jerk reaction to finding out Floyd fed the searchers human flesh Even before that, I thought the priest was showing signs of straining to control his anger and repulsion just knowing Floyd did the killing as he looked at him across the table. I got the impression Floyd was referring to Satan as his partner (that was much smarter than him).
    Edited on 11/16/2007 1:55pm
    Edited 4 total times.

CMJunkie

[110]Nov 16, 2007
    cbsfan wrote:
    I got the impression Floyd was referring to Satan as his partner (that was much smarter than him).

Ditto.... in the interview room he told Morgan "He wants me to tell you your watch has stopped". I seriously doubt he was referring to any one "human" being.

Ran0212

[111]Nov 16, 2007
    I watched 'Lucky' yesterday and I think it was very creepy. And the end was quiet a shock. I knew that somebody would end up in hospital but I NEVER thought it would be Garcia. Next episode will be very sad I think. They can't let her die! O_O

laepelba

[112]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    LucyGarnett wrote:

GASP!!! Oh, my, oh, my!! Oh, no!! I SOOOO hope you're wrong!!!

laepelba

[113]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 6
    [QUOTE="CMJunkie"]

IHeartHodgela wrote:
    And,since I am from Florida, I have to askwhy, when Morgan said "How bad?" Did JJ reply "Florida" ??

No one has answered this, and I have the same question. Was that supposed to be tongue in cheek and I missed it? What?

patjlu

[114]Nov 16, 2007

cbsfan wrote:
    I don't think Floyd's partner is the priest because the priest had such an authentic, violent, knee jerk reaction to finding out Floyd fed the searchers human flesh Even before that, I thought the priest was showing signs of straining to control his anger and repulsion just knowing Floyd did the killing as he looked at him across the table. I got the impression Floyd was referring to Satan as his partner (that was much smarter than him).

Hi everyone

I also love this episode the best I think so far for this season. I definitely knew something was wrong with the guy who

want to date the cute Garcia after just helping him once with his computer. Well, I never thought he would shoot her after

the first date? Sorry I did not manage to catch Preview of the coming episode but I was wondering if this guy really is

partner of the sick killer. why would he left her to die. Did someone heard the gun shot and saw the guy? Else why

would he not chop the body and leave just parts like what happen to one of the victims?

I start to believe now the sick killer is not that intelligent so he sure have a partner but I still doubt if

its Garcia's date, why would he attack before they even catch or know who the serial killer was? I was thinking maybe he wants revenge for previous cases they have worked on. I cannot wait to catch next episode. I do hope that Garcia will survive this coming episode. I won't want to miss another main character of this show

scooterstarr

[115]Nov 16, 2007
    • level: 12
    [QUOTE="laepelba"]
    CMJunkie wrote:

IHeartHodgela wrote:
    And,since I am from Florida, I have to askwhy, when Morgan said "How bad?" Did JJ reply "Florida" ??

No one has answered this, and I have the same question. Was that supposed to be tongue in cheek and I missed it? What?

I wasn't sure about that either. Maybe because it was far away? I doubt it was a put down of Florida

Finnegan77

[116]Nov 17, 2007
    • level: 27
    Their last two cases in Florida were pretty grisly - Adrian Bale's copycat in "Won't Get Fooled Again" and the serial killer who liked to drown women in "Charm and Harm." Just an idea, it may not be the right one.

jenny_d_b

[117]Nov 18, 2007

Penelope just can't die. Garcia is too cool. Personally, I think Derek didn't really sense that there was anything wrong with Garcia's date, he was just jealous.

This episode was creepy. Seriously. And the ending... I knew something would happen as I'd read the episode description (and the one for next week's episode), but not this. Why would he shoot her?

There was something weird about the shot though, maybe it was just a sedative? *tries to convince herself* But I am serious, something weird about it. Could be the sound or the bullet hitting (and no blood), I'm not sure.

gcmest24

[118]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 11
    Garcia can't die. I had a feeling that guy she went on a date with was bad news. I know I had more to say, but can't think right now.

demondog888

[119]Nov 19, 2007
    • level: 3

djariya wrote:
    Just finished watching it today and that was one hell of an episode. The ending was so out of the blue that I totally didn't see it coming. Garcia should have trusted Derek's instincts. I wonder what that guys motive was to take Garcia on a date and then shoot her out of the blue?

My take, based on the fact they have three actresses playing Garcia at various ages (as someone else has pointed out), is that this is someone from her past. Why he attacked her is anyone's guess. I personally don't think they will kill her off, but she is one character they haven't really delved into at this point (as far as I know, I haven't seen all the episodes), and this seems to be the way they wanted to really get into her background. Could be wrong but..

LM

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that did Morgan not seem surprised when Garcia told him she blew the guy off? I mean, I recall his initial reaction was surprise she took his advice. Then he went and opened his mouth. Dummy. But, yeah, he was surprised at first.

Edited on 11/19/2007 9:24pm

tonyandzivafan

[120]Nov 20, 2007
    • level: 41

Ok I just rewatched a summary of Garcia moments on youtubeand when Colby shot Garcia, the way he held the gun looked like he knew what he was doing. He didnt reach in hold the gun out and shoot her. He did a stance you'd see a cop or any law enforcement officer would do. Dont know if this a clue to who James "Colby" Bailer (sp?) is or why he shot Garcia but it could be a small piece.

Also in the beginning when she entered the coffeehoue, he never looks over his shoulder to see her enter. So ifthis isnt some random shooting, how did he knowshe'd be there????He seemed to calmand collected until just around she left. And then gets all upset over his computer.Heintentionallydid this. ShotGarcia intentionally. And I wouldnt be surprised that this was pre-meditated. He likely stalked her and knew her schedule, her favorite spots to stop at, etc. And all he had to do was wait for her to show up. I'd even bet that the computer "problem" he was having he did intentionally. He knew that Garcia is a computer savy and likely would be willingto help. And Colby is HOT,and clean cut. Even though I hate him A LOT and want him tortured for hurting sweet Garcia he is HOT and maybe it just me I'd agree for lunch or dinner.

This brings up another point. He originally was going to take her to lunch, but when he called he said dinner right away if I recall correctly. He didnt say lunch and Garcia said no b/c of the time and he then said dinner as some type of compromise. So while he likely, stalked her and shooting her was pre-meditated, he is not completely brazen or confident that get away with it other wise he'd keep up the lunch idea and shoot her in broad daylight!!!!!!

One final thing and its really a question to you all who have watched the show as well as this episode, "Could this shooting of Garcia be done as a message of some sorts??? Was her getting shot on the anniverary of something happening???

Hopefully, all will get answered with this week's episode!!!!! And most importantly, GARCIAWILL SURVIVE!!!!!