Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: "Outfoxed" - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Outfoxed" in this thread. Episode #99 was written by executive producer Simon Mirren and directed by John Gallagher. Watch promo clip here.
    Edited on 11/17/2009 4:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eggyface

[2]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 6
    Hours till the episode airs and three people already have voted it a perfect 10. This same thing happens pretty much every episode. Does this mean there's a secret place to watch the show early or is it just a case of unthinking adoration? Don't get me wrong -- I hope they're right, or rather I hope they're lucky guessers. Can't think it's that useful to the programme makers to be given false info about the impact of the episode though...

woodstock-chan

[3]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 11

I think it's just that fans have come to expect constant quality from the show. Like, if the show is consistently good, what reason do we have to doubt it will continue to be that way? I usually don't rate episodes before I see them though, so I'm just speculating.

Really looking forward to the episode. I'm gonna miss it airing though, so I'll have to watch online. Still.

Edited on 11/18/2009 4:09pm

MelissaZaf

[4]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 14

phf3947 wrote:
    Please discuss "Outfoxed" in this thread. Episode #99 was written by executive producer Simon Mirren and directed by John Gallagher. Watch promo clip here.

Not just for Criminal Minds, it's just an habit that some people seem to have on TV.com; rating an episode before it airs. I just wish there could be some way to prevent it.

Edited on 11/18/2009 7:07pm

Finnegan77

[5]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 27
    Easily the best episode this season, if you ask me. Beautifully directed, wonderfully paced - the case was fantastic, the profile great. I loved Emily's interaction with The Fox, her nerves, her second-guesses. The Fox seemed much creepier this time around. And the twist at the end? Nice.

Morgan's wrestling match with the unsub was heart-stopping!

But what I really loved about this ep was that the actors and the writers brought it. They all committed, working seamlessly together with these characters that have been well-established in their minds and in the viewers'. Nothing felt off - they were all very believable in their roles, their words were right as were their reactions. From Reid's edge of the seat enthusiasm during the seminar at the beginning to Hotch's clench jawed, red-eyed fury at the end. These are the best characters on television when written like this.

MelissaZaf

[6]Nov 18, 2009

Finnegan77 wrote:
    Easily the best episode this season, if you ask me. Beautifully directed, wonderfully paced - the case was fantastic, the profile great. I loved Emily's interaction with The Fox, her nerves, her second-guesses. The Fox seemed much creepier this time around. And the twist at the end? Nice. Morgan's wrestling match with the unsub was heart-stopping! But what I really loved about this ep was that the actors and the writers brought it. They all committed, working seamlessly together with these characters that have been well-established in their minds and in the viewers'. Nothing felt off - they were all very believable in their roles, their words were right as were their reactions. From Reid's edge of the seat enthusiasm during the seminar at the beginning to Hotch's clench jawed, red-eyed fury at the end. These are the best characters on television when written like this.

There isn't much I can add to this. You read my thoughts!!!! What I love most about CM (and what some people may not understand) is the fact that sometimes it's not about the case or even the unsub; sometimes it's about the team, how their job affects their lives, how much they care for each other. Tonight's ep was an introduction for next one and Hotch walking off that jail with all the noise the prisoners were making was just IT! Foyette, they are coming for you!

doverz

[7]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 9
    Loved this episode!!!! All of it was amazing, but I particularly liked the end. Foyet definitely has Hotch down pat.

Can't wait for next week. The 100th episode looks fantastic. Here's hoping nothing bad happens to Hotch.

And how funny is it that Reid still is using crutches (obvsiously MGG has to, but Hotch was stabbed multiple times and fine while Reid was shot once and still on crutches)

danharr

[8]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 45
    Good episode but man did it take a while for backup to come for Morgan wtf?! Anyway good case and Foyett working his way back in nice touch.

CRaivios

[9]Nov 18, 2009
    • level: 21

The case and how it was solved was excellent. Aaron and Emily with the Fox was creepy. Morgan at the end was scary.

However, I was waiting the whole show for the end. I knew it was coming, I just did not know how it would pan out. Next week is the 100th episode and I can't wait.

lynna12000

[10]Nov 18, 2009
    doverz wrote:
    Loved this episode!!!! All of it was amazing, but I particularly liked the end. Foyet definitely has Hotch down pat.

Can't wait for next week. The 100th episode looks fantastic. Here's hoping nothing bad happens to Hotch.

And how funny is it that Reid still is using crutches (obvsiously MGG has to, but Hotch was stabbed multiple times and fine while Reid was shot once and still on crutches)

Well....Hotch does outmass Reid by quite a bit. He, like Morgan, can take heavier damage than poor, breakable, Reid.

Besides, Reid probably gets a lot of sympathy points for the crutches. He was the smallest/youngest kid on campus for a long time. It's something that he would know how to play to his advantage.

pamhalpert

[11]Nov 19, 2009
    OK. I am going to have an F'ing heart attack before next wednesday!!. Anybody know any Reliable spoiler sites I can visit to get some insight into next week??

phf3947

[12]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 71
    pamhalpert, the owner of this website (CBS) prefers that users spend their mouse clicks on here rather than providing links to other sites. You might try finding spoiler sites by using a keyword search on google.com.

iellalein

[13]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 8

hi,

i tried not to read your posts,
    because i need to know beforehand:
    if i watch this ep now, will i stay rooted in front of my tv until next wednesday?
    (I wouldn't mind, my employer would)

it's bad enough as it is now. (the waiting for the episode next week)

thx, iella

RoverGuy

[14]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 9

danharr wrote:
    Good episode but man did it take a while for backup to come for Morgan wtf?! Anyway good case and Foyett working his way back in nice touch.

I know, I was thinking the same thing! After the first shot, Rossi and JJ (or any of the other dozen or so SWAT memebrs) should have been right there. If I was Morgan I would be laying into them for not backing him up properly. But then again, it would not have been as exciting to watch.

highwaykind

[15]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 16
    Finn said it all - another really good episode! Loved the twist at the end, held my breath when the unsub jumped Morgan, and they already have me sitting on the edge of my seat for next week - and I've not even read or seen anything about upcoming epsiodes... (and in general: Garcia really has some of the best lines)

Finnegan77

[16]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 27
    Hi, HK! I am just watching the ep again, and am blown away by the direction of the opening scene of the killer and the girl in the swimming pool. The moment when the girl, lying calmly, floating, while the shadowy killer swims beneath her - yikes! Chills, here! Can't say enough about this great ep.

lrigD

[17]Nov 19, 2009
    I really enjoyed this episode, both parts (Hotch & Emily and the rest of the team). I really like how Emily's doubts were portrayed and Hotch was there to 'comfort' her (not really, but you know what I mean).

But I really don't get what happened in the ending. Is Foyet the one who sent the fox the note signed 'the admirer'?

lynna12000

[18]Nov 19, 2009
    lrigD wrote:

But I really don't get what happened in the ending. Is Foyet the one who sent the fox the note signed 'the admirer'?

That does appear to be the case. Waiting another week is going to be so hard. The final scene with Hotch walking down that corridor was intense; just the expression on his face said so much without any words.

Overall, this was a really good episode. The scene when the father was told made me cry. And that isn't easy. All the characters played important parts, and I appreciated that. The unsub was well done too. The backstory was plausible. As were ways the families were connected to each other. It will certainly make me think twice about those kind of internet sites.

CMJunkie

[19]Nov 19, 2009

WOW!!!!! This was a total knockout episode!! The Unsub under the girl in the pool played on one of my childhood fears (to keep me out of the pool alone as a child, neighbor told me the dark spots (leaves) were alive and would pull me under !!).

The actor playing the Captain was amazing... convincing... and heartbreaking. Such a heavy episode carried so well by our beloved cast.

IrigD - yes, the drawing of the eye on the newspaper clipping that was mailed to The Fox was the Reaper's signature / calling card.

Completely wound up for next week..... on a scale of 1-10 this epi was a 12~

Larexx

[20]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 11
    No surprise here, I loved the episode! I quickly reviewed Season 1's episode of "The Fox" to refresh the ole memory before watching this episode. Karl Arnold, AKA "The Fox" was creepy then & even creepier in this episode. The way he took pleasure in describing his crimes & looking at the new photos was bone chilling! I don't know how Emily could sit there with him, flirting, and not run out of the room in disgust. All the scenes with him were very well done although I was momentarily confused when they showed him in the 1st families house. Was he or wasn't he physcially there? I quickly concluded he was still in the holding cell. I was also a bit confused how Hotch concluded at the end that it was Foyet who was "The Admirer" of the Foxes without 1st seeing Foyet's signature on the newspaper article. Once that was shown Emily, and I, knew it was Foyet who was the Admirer baiting Hotch all along. I'm not sure that was such a smart move on his part. Hotch sure looked like he was out for blood in the end!! Next week's episode is going to be a blockbuster for sure!! I can't wait!