Criminal Minds Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Official discussion thread: Sex, Birth, Death - Spoilers

phf3947

[1]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 71
    Please discuss Sex, Birth, Death in this thread. Thanks.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scc1fan

[2]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 51
    I am confused by the promos for this episode. I don't know...maybe it's just me, but it seems disjointed. Like I'm missing something. I'm sure it'll be awesome (Chris Mundy wrote "Aftermath", and I loved that one), but I'm just not sure what to expect out of tomorrow's episode.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see!
    Kas

BAUCTU

[3]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 14
    scc1fan wrote:
    I am confused by the promos for this episode. I don't know...maybe it's just me, but it seems disjointed. Like I'm missing something. I'm sure it'll be awesome (Chris Mundy wrote "Aftermath", and I loved that one), but I'm just not sure what to expect out of tomorrow's episode.

Kas

i'm assuming the guy is the archrival of Reid, but I may be wrong!

SpencerREid

[4]Nov 28, 2006
    • level: 8

If he is the archrival he might be taller...but he is definetely not cuter...

I'm looking forward to this episode.....it looks like the kid (or archrival) might be a potential serial killer....and I'm sure we'll learn born about Reid. That's an added bonus.

michelle_212

[5]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 7
    In all the interviews Mathew discribes "archrival" as smarter (by 1 iq point big deal) taller and cuter. I'm thinking he may be a bit biased agaist himself. It's reeeeeeeaaaaalllllyyy hard to immagine cuter. exspecially as his "cutness" is more than the fact that he's just physically georgious it also comes from a real natural carisma and sweetness of character.

CrazyLady9

[6]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 6

It sounds like its going to be a lot of fun.  I just hope, if this kid in the episode is th arch rival, that he manages to get away so we can see a story arc develop out of this. 

I would love to see how the team handles a direct threat to one of its own - especially since its the puppy of the group. 

richmondred

[7]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 4
    OH WOW! That would make for an AWESOME episode, don't you think? I'm sure hoping you're right! ;o)

ghada_bell

[8]Nov 29, 2006
    BAUCTU wrote:
    scc1fan wrote:

Kas

i'm assuming the guy is the archrival of Reid, but I may be wrong!

I thought that too but I watched an interview of MGG where he discribes his archrival as more handsome and intelligent than Reid... I don't know aboutyou but the guy that we saw doesn't really fit the discription ? Or does he ?

lil_demon_j

[9]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 5
    I enjoyed this episode very much.  Especially the end.  Very moving.

amelyn

[10]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 3
    Excellent episode...where do I start!!Loved Garcia's caring, sympathetic attitude when Reid opened up about his feelings regarding his mother. Paget also acted well in this episode. I think she'll fit in OK. I liked how she told Hotch that she "didn't deserve to be treated like this.." She wasn't afraid (albeit with respect) to stand her ground. At the end I totally expected him to have killed the prostitute and then himself but was glad to see that he didn't kill the prostitute. A future storyline here? Loved Gideon's encouraging attitude toward Reid at the end. The team had good chemistry throughout the episode except for Hotch and Prentiss. Overall a great episode.

oceanavenue2006

[11]Nov 29, 2006

ok so the only thing running through my mind at the present moment...

OMG THAT WAS EXPLOSIVE!!! 

for me, this was hands down the best ep of the season!  i am an avid Reid-lover, so i was very glad to see a lot of Reid in this one!  I also thought it was a really interesting element to add the kid in there!  This episode is a perfect example of why I love this show!!!

Junkyxl19

[12]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 12

yea outstanding episode! surely I liked this one the most so far this season. lots of Reid!!!!

BekkaLass

[13]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 16
    Solid episode! I liked the way they showed Reid as compassionate towards the Nathan character and how he understood why the kid was fearful of his mind and what actions could occur from them. Garcia was a real pal. Hotch seemed like he had a bug up his butt, but maybe he is just not wanting to get too friendly with Prentiss yet because of what happened to Elle and how she told him he couldn't even protect her/and he sent her home.

BekkaLass

[14]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 16
    Oh yeah meant to say...like the new banner!!!Cheers!

phf3947

[15]Nov 30, 2006
    BekkaLass wrote:

Nice huh? The staffers made us a new one
    Edited on 11/30/2006 5:35am

BAUCTU

[16]Nov 30, 2006
    BekkaLass wrote:

I was surprised they changed the banner so quickly. On the ER forum they've been asking for a new banner for ages becuase its so outdated. Someone even offered to make one, but they keep being told no because they'res so many shows apparently dont have one at all yet! Makes me wonder if they've been asked to change it, CBS seem to be very keen to remove all traces of Elle.

CrazyLady9

[17]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 6

I have mixed feelings about this episode. 

The pace this week was so drastically different from last week.  There didn't seem to be any tension or foreboding of terror like last week (but then again, a big terrorist attack versus a prostitute killer?  It's a big change in danger level).   I found the interaction between Hotchner and Prestiss to be somewhat awkward, though I still see some potential there for Emily to provide some balance to the team dynamics.  Hotchner really looked worried that he might've lost some of his shine to the new blood, and I think it scared him a little. 

One thing I really loved, however, was how the team dealt with the young man.  It was obvious he was disturbed and anyone could've easily pinned the serial killer tag on him and closed up shop early, but they didn't do that.  They spent the time to talk to him, to use care and gentle hands to find out how he felt, to get him a good psychological evaluation, and they stayed with him.  They even continued with their assessment of the crimes and developed a non-bias profile.  Even when it appeared like he was in the church confessing his sins, the team didn't run up to him and go into attack mode.  They gave this boy a lot of dignity and support, and I really think that turned out to be the difference between that child killing the prostitute and cutting himself by the end of the episode. 

It's just so rare to see that on TV nowadays.  Usually a disturbed person, a person who needs help, is treated kindly until he says the wrong thing or slips up somehow, then the cops pounce.  It's a wonder how anyone out there who needs help would ever consider seeking it out after watching many of the shows on TV which do that.  But Criminal Minds took the higher road and showed there is hope and there are people who care and there is more than one path to travel.  A huge thumb's up for that. 

That said, I really don't see this boy being the future nemesis to Reid.  It's possible - maybe if his mother completely abandons him, or if some other such trauma occurs - he just seems to be too good-hearted and aware of his situation to fall that far down the wrong side.

phf3947

[18]Nov 30, 2006
    BAUCTU wrote:
    BekkaLass wrote:

I was surprised they changed the banner so quickly. On the ER forum they've been asking for a new banner for ages becuase its so outdated. Someone even offered to make one, but they keep being told no because they'res so many shows apparently dont have one at all yet! Makes me wonder if they've been asked to change it, CBS seem to be very keen to remove all traces of Elle.

I requested the Criminal Minds banner be changed about three weeks ago, so it does take awhile. The ER guide is someone else's problem

BAUCTU

[19]Nov 30, 2006
    phf3947 wrote:
    BAUCTU wrote:
    BekkaLass wrote:
    I requested the Criminal Minds banner be changed about three weeks ago, so it does take awhile. The ER guide is someone else's problem
    they've been asking for months apparently! I like the new one.

TauhiryoLee

[20]Nov 30, 2006
    CrazyLady9 wrote:

I have mixed feelings about this episode. 

The pace this week was so drastically different from last week.  There didn't seem to be any tension or foreboding of terror like last week (but then again, a big terrorist attack versus a prostitute killer?  It's a big change in danger level).   I found the interaction between Hotchner and Prestiss to be somewhat awkward, though I still see some potential there for Emily to provide some balance to the team dynamics.  Hotchner really looked worried that he might've lost some of his shine to the new blood, and I think it scared him a little. 

One thing I really loved, however, was how the team dealt with the young man.  It was obvious he was disturbed and anyone could've easily pinned the serial killer tag on him and closed up shop early, but they didn't do that.  They spent the time to talk to him, to use care and gentle hands to find out how he felt, to get him a good psychological evaluation, and they stayed with him.  They even continued with their assessment of the crimes and developed a non-bias profile.  Even when it appeared like he was in the church confessing his sins, the team didn't run up to him and go into attack mode.  They gave this boy a lot of dignity and support, and I really think that turned out to be the difference between that child killing the prostitute and cutting himself by the end of the episode. 

It's just so rare to see that on TV nowadays.  Usually a disturbed person, a person who needs help, is treated kindly until he says the wrong thing or slips up somehow, then the cops pounce.  It's a wonder how anyone out there who needs help would ever consider seeking it out after watching many of the shows on TV which do that.  But Criminal Minds took the higher road and showed there is hope and there are people who care and there is more than one path to travel.  A huge thumb's up for that. 

That said, I really don't see this boy being the future nemesis to Reid.  It's possible - maybe if his mother completely abandons him, or if some other such trauma occurs - he just seems to be too good-hearted and aware of his situation to fall that far down the wrong side.

well said, just exactly what i was going to post but your description is better than I can even try.

I have been watching few eps here and there but missed last week (my brother watched it and convince me to return back to this show. lol)

glad to return because just as you mentioned this episode was very emotional well handled supporting distrubed child, who needed help before he gotten out of control.

I agreed this eps definity presents excellent example of getting help without being so one path to travel. there are good people out there to support and care.

I can see very well made excellent music video or just document video of somesort can be made for Kids Help and other support services out there.

10 stars